Lockscreen feature (wishlist)

Hitesh S

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
When they said about more customizable lockscreen feature for Windows 10 in today's keynote, I had high hopes that it will be the one that I wished to have since a while, but it wasn't. Windows spotlight is cool feature though, and the one about which I'm gonna talk about, I find that one equally cool/maybe more cool (IMO). Before I talk about the feature in which I'm interested in, let me clear that I got to know about this feature from my friends Oneplus One, and I was impressed right away, and my reactions were "man, it will be cool to have same feature for WP too." The feature is from android, it doesn't mean that it will not be right with WP style and design, trust me MSFT can pull it off, and it will be quite used feature.

So, the feature I'm talking about is letter swiping/or whatever you wanna call it, what it does is you can assign an alphabet to an app that can be opened even when the phone is locked and is screen is not lit, e.g. Camera, flashlight, messaging, calculator. At first it can be done with first party apps and later third party devs can be allowed to use the same feature for their apps and have nice integration with lockscreen.
What are your thoughts?

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
This definitely can be implemented since we have quasi-always active digitizer for double tap to wake since android doesn't even had it. Yeah!

Hitesh S

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
it's not just on Oneplus One, it's making it's way on to other Android phones too and if I'm not wrong it's on almost all new android phones these days, and as I said given a chance MSFT can definitely pull this off

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
and as I said given a chance MSFT can definitely pull this off

Fact is, we know this is possible. The question is will they want to develop it? You have a few choices:

- Work out your idea and post it to uservoice
- Work it out and ask a developer to help you build it
- Learn code and build it yourself

:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon