05-05-2015 11:46 PM
33 12
tools
    Bottom line... BoA ditched me with really no explanation. They yanked my mobile access after two years of use and having set me up with accounts that presume I'm all in electronically and penalize me for using a teller with a fee structure.

After they announced they were pulling the App and showed no concern for me as a customer I moved my assets to Ally.

Why would I go back now? They can keep whatever plans they have to themselves. I can not care about BoA any further. They burned the bridge with their unexplained and abrupt decision to terminate the WP App with very minimal communication to loyal customers such as myself.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
    I've been really curious about moving there myself. So you've been with Ally for awhile now? Any regrets so far?
    05-05-2015 08:29 PM
    I've been really curious about moving there myself. So you've been with Ally for awhile now? Any regrets so far?
    Not a one. The App works great. The web site works great and you can scan or upload to the site and deposit that way. BoA told me they reserve that for business customers...

I've not had any issues and they pay minimal interest on my free checking even.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-05-2015 10:22 PM
    Not a one. The App works great. The web site works great and you can scan or upload to the site and deposit that way. BoA told me they reserve that for business customers...

I've not had any issues and they pay minimal interest on my free checking even.
    What's funny is, when it was announced I downloaded the app to my phone, not even sure I would get there. I'm seriously thinking about making this happen.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-05-2015 10:27 PM
    I was onto Ally before they finished squashing the BoA App. I did not wait. I gave them what they asked for. My absence. I truly felt as if they had said they do not want me at their bank. Period. That is the level of accord they offered me during the whole fiasco. Why anyone took it as any message other than a declaration of "We do not care one fig for your business and will treat you as non-existant" is beyond me...
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-05-2015 10:35 PM
    And let me add to those who will come after, offering excuses for why the bank enacted this policy and why it makes sense to the bank.

I. Do. Not. Care.

And you are wasting everyone's time being an apologist for some huge corporation trying to elicit tears on what a paltry sum the app was costing them. BULL SNOT. Plenty of other smaller businesses manage it.

It. Does. Not. Matter. To. Those. They. Belittled.
    05-05-2015 10:39 PM
    I was onto Ally before they finished squashing the BoA App. I did not wait. I gave them what they asked for. My absence. I truly felt as if they had said they do not want me at their bank. Period. That is the level of accord they offered me during the whole fiasco. Why anyone took it as any message other than a declaration of "We do not care one fig for your business and will treat you as non-existant" is beyond me...
    Just left the Ally website. My Windows Phone app just got real. Well done app and website too. Much to learn about Ally and thanks for popping in the thread to help push me off the fence.
    k72 and RumoredNow like this.
    05-05-2015 11:12 PM
    I used a local credit union but when I moved I needed a new bank. All this talk about Ally on WP got me interested. I created some accounts with just a little to try it and so far I love it, and with all the good things here, I'm going to go all in. I've really enjoyed the app and mobile deposits, and the website is great. Funny how BoA's bad behavior has introduced what could've been potential BoA customers to a whole different bank. :)
    RumoredNow and Jazmac like this.
    05-05-2015 11:21 PM
    I used a local credit union but when I moved I needed a new bank. All this talk about Ally on WP got me interested. I created some accounts with just a little to try it and so far I love it, and with all the good things here, I'm going to go all in. I've really enjoyed the app and mobile deposits, and the website is great. Funny how BoA's bad behavior has introduced what could've been potential BoA customers to a whole different bank. :)
    I think RumoredNow said it best and it is why I argue the bank issue in this forum. "And you are wasting everyone's time being an apologist for some huge corporation trying to elicit tears on what a paltry sum the app was costing them. BULL SNOT. Plenty of other smaller businesses manage it."
    I can't even hear this bleeding hearts defend what BoA an Chase did to its customers claiming we don't pay for them enough to do what they should be doing as a bank for free... "good business".
    05-05-2015 11:46 PM
33 12