I bricked my Lumia while downgrading from W10 Tech. Preview, how can I fix this?

drushtant

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
bricked lumia while downgrading from w10 tech. preview

device lumia 620
i was on latest build of w10 tp. and decided to revrt back to 8.1 . so i followed steps given by microsoft when instllation begin the mobile screen turned brown and software begins to install and then it stopped.
by phone wont start. no buttons are working (power volumia camera)
what sould i do ??

how to get my phone start just at least for calling ???

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: bricked lumia while downgrading from w10 tech. preview

What tool did you use to downgrade? Your device may be totally bricked and in need of repair from the official Care people.

Mark Sarson

May 4, 2015
Visit site

Same issue here with my Lumia 1020. The MSFT Recovery Tool (1.2.4) went through the process of recovering the phone but then an error message saying unable to recover.

Since that point, the phone will not reboot or start (which as it probably doesn't have any OS on there now is expected) and recovery tool does not recognise the phone.

Where should one go to get this fixed in the UK?

Regards

Mark

orionben

May 5, 2012
Visit site

I fixed my issue with Nokia Software Updater (NSU) for retail. And reinstalled windows phone 8 from there.

drushtant

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

Same issue here with my Lumia 1020. The MSFT Recovery Tool (1.2.4) went through the process of recovering the phone but then an error message saying unable to recover.

Since that point, the phone will not reboot or start (which as it probably doesn't have any OS on there now is expected) and recovery tool does not recognise the phone.

Where should one go to get this fixed in the UK?

Regards

Mark

THIS MAY INTEREST YOU
MyOwnSteps: [FIX] YOUR HARDBRICKED LUMIA PHONES [NO JTAG] [Only for QHSUSB_DLOAD lumia (black screen, no vibration)]

xiphumbra

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Just wanna say the guide revived my Lumia 520! Wouldn't turn on or vibrate, but now it's as if nothing ever happened! :D I now have a secondary phone to put Win10 on since I bought a 635 as a replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion