05-15-2015 09:31 PM
34 12
tools
    Because it happened with WINDOWS 8.1. The desktop OS was released in October and the mobile OS was released next year in April. I suspected, that they might do the same with Windows 10 too
    This makes no sense though. Look at your thread title. Look how you said "according to this article", which said no such thing. Look at how Windows 10 is a completely different prospect, as regards integration of the phone OS and the desktop OS.

You came up with an idea by yourself, and then you said "WTF" to your own idea.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-03-2015 01:37 PM
    Apple has been releasing new phones in September so I'm sure MS has some kind of strategy relating to this. Admittedly, I don't know whether it's beneficial to release new Lumias before or after Apple dominates the headlines for a week or so (which is inevitable). Samsung sure hasn't figured that one out.

The interesting thing here is that Apple is only rumored to be releasing the 6S with the same form profile which implies there just isn't enough new "orgasmic" tech to call it a 7. (Just some major camera changes perhaps). The more I think about it, Maybe MS should wait until after the lackluster introduction of the 6S to present any of their new flagships because many are waiting to see what Apple does first anyway. I certainly wouldn't give Apple the last word in this phone cycle.

Regardless, I think the spacing of MS offerings is necessary if not just to milk them for all they can. There's just too many major products coming up including the Surface Pro 4.

But what the hell do I know?
    05-03-2015 02:24 PM
    Nokia's denying it's even got a phone-manufacturing business anymore, and it's hard to see how it would benefit them to lie. Maybe they've got some R&D, but I doubt they're ready for making phones, let alone Windows phones.

The notion of an end of July Win10 release is actually the best-supported rumour we have. Unless MS overruns this date for other reasons, there's no reason to suppose the CEO reading a carefully prepared report would make a mistake on the fly: AMD may have revealed Windows 10 launch date in earnings call - Industry - News - HEXUS.net
    Nokia kept the whole R&D out from the MS deal. That said i doubt they would start to make phones again, why would they? No one is doing well with phones, except AAPL of course. The N1 way makes more sense. However Nokia might do something that's new technology, that would make sense.
    05-03-2015 02:35 PM
    I am going to re post a comment that I made at the start of the Build conference when there was no mention of what type of flagship device MS might or might not be working on... "If they had something any where near ready to announce, I think they would be so full of themselves over it that they wouldn't be able to keep it a secret. There isn't any reason that I can think of not to mention it if they were truly working on and committed to a quality flagship type advice. I think if they ever release anything like that it will not be this year. "
    All you have to do is research what their track record is regarding the amount of time between when they announce a new phone and the amount of time it actually takes to get said phones into the hands of the consumers. Keep in mind that MS has yet to release ANY type of Flagship that they have developed themselves. I remain all in on the Windows platform for Mobile, but color me completely skeptical when it comes to their ability to develop and manufacture high end mobile hardware.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-03-2015 03:01 PM
    I'm sitting here using a Lumia 930, great phone but I'm ready to upgrade. I'm holding out for the flagship device that has been mentioned. At my local Vodafone store they are saying that the Lumia 940 is the flagship phone coming. Personally I can't see it. Microsoft needs to release the killer phone. One that takes on the Galaxy S6, LG4 and iPhone 6. These are impressive phones, and with MS releasing all the major apps to these devices it makes keeping an allegiance to Windows Phone difficult. I want to stay with Windows Phone and the upcoming release of Windows 10, but they are making it difficult...

05-03-2015 03:28 PM
    Black Friday and Christmas? Not so much a bad idea..
    It's not a bad idea if they can avoid stock issues as well as having it release by end-October.
    Yeah it is, the iphone 6s will come with 2GB of ram and the note 5 will probably come out with 4GB of ram/ 4k screen. Both will be release before late October. How could the Windows 10 flagships complete with those phones or at least get to 5% of the US market?
    05-04-2015 05:47 AM
    Yeah it is, the iphone 6s will come with 2GB of ram and the note 5 will probably come out with 4GB of ram/ 4k screen. Both will be release before late October. How could the Windows 10 flagships complete with those phones or at least get to 5% of the US market?
    If RAM is the only factor, then the 930/1520 must be destroying the iPhone 6/6+ right? There's more than just raw spec count, although its a plus.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-04-2015 01:04 PM
    If RAM is the only factor, then the 930/1520 must be destroying the iPhone 6/6+ right?
    What? I never said RAM is not the only factor, and you know this. We all know what the iphone/IOS 8.whatever brings to the table. So, there was no need to bring that up in that paragraph you quoted. Kinda self-explanatory, imo.
    There's more than just raw spec count, although its a plus.
    Yes, of course, but in the case of the Iphone 6s, raw spec count will improve IOS9 experience dramatically. As for the note 5, not so much, but then, again high specs were & still is a huge selling point for android phones.
    05-05-2015 06:56 AM
    That comparison is unfair to snails.
    05-15-2015 09:31 PM
34 12