No need to wait for Windows 10 anymore

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
When is the next preview coming they Said the end of April and I haven't seen anything
There was an article in the News section here the other day. As with most things Microsoft, they were aiming/trying/hoping for end April. And missed. No definite dates were given.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
What I see is a consumer who is getting a little impatient about the windows 10 build but is going to try it once it comes out. That is the only reason why someone would exhaust the time and energy to present such a dissertation. I will admit that is was pretty detailed, however you never mentioned continuum which I think is a revolutionary feature that no other mobile OS offers. With your first phone being a 1520 you are still a neophyte when it comes to the Windows mobile revolution.

Motor_Mouth

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
This platform seems abandoned already. Why does this remind me of WP 7?
Really? Because I am far more excited about the way Windows 10 Mobile is going than I am about what's happening with the PC version.
Overall I am pretty disappointed with development regarding mobile platforms like smartphone and tablet. It appears much more like a playground for MS to try out some new concepts than a solid platform for daily use especially in comparison with its competitors.
I don't know how you can come to this conclusion. WinPhone 8 seems to me to be far and away the most stable phone OS. I can't recall it EVER crashing. I had a few crashes with WP7 on my Lumia 800 but I really can't recall any at all since. Even the times when apps have stopped responding and I've had to restart are so few and far between as to be insignificant. My Lumia 925 can run for 6 months or more with ever being restarted.
For desktop things are different and also with Windows 10 I feel being on the right track and for sure will upgrade to Windows 10, no doubt.
I'm the opposite. I think W10 brings absolutely nothing of value to the desktop. There are a couple of very minor new features that look like improvements but most of it has the feel of shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic. Unless they can pull out some big improvement in the next few weeks, I will be staying away until I am absolutely forced to upgrade. Meanwhile, I am already running W10 Mobile on my daily driver and quite enjoying it. No, it is not very stable right now and I am not convinced of some of the design but I feel it is definitely heading in the right direction.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
...as a revolution for mobile devices at least for me.

Being owner of a Lumia 1520

Blah, blah and blah. I also own a Lumia 1520, along with a 1020 on camera duty, so know what they can both do. I'm pretty happy with both as they don't crash, are easy to use, plus I don't have to constantly update x or y times as everything seems to work.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Somehow i doubt he have windows phone.

Have you ever use LINE? When someone calling via LINE the notification call appear just like land call

Lumia 625H

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Somehow i doubt he have windows phone.

Have you ever use LINE? When someone calling via LINE the notification call appear just like land call

Lumia 625H

Speaking of LINE, the Android version is far more polished that Windows Phone version. Just saying..... :wink:

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Speaking of LINE, the Android version is far more polished that Windows Phone version. Just saying..... :wink:

Still it's currently the most complete IM on market

Sticker : Ok
IM : Ok
VOIP : Ok
VIideo Call : Ok
Timeline : Ok
Chat background : Ok
Password Lock : Ok

What WP lack simply Games and Theme which not important and not the core feature. and they update their apps. Which like some feature isn't available due to wp8.1 sdk limitatio

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb