A couple hours back on WP8.1 now and the thing I found the most significant was how much easier the keyboard is to use when typing a text message. It was such a relief. I hope the next build improves on the keyboard.

Second thing that struck me was how much easier it is to see notification counters and text.
    05-02-2015 01:02 PM
    Yeah the W10 keyboard is hard to use on a smaller device. I've got it on my 630 and it's far harder to type than in 8.1, they keys don't look that smaller but it makes a difference.
    05-02-2015 04:25 PM
    Initally, the WP10 keyboard wasn't bad... But a further update pushed some changes that actually made it smaller on my 1520.... The right/left hand mode isn't super useful either. Flow does't work.... and there is no autocorrect for the Spanish language. (I'm Irish/American but spend allot of time communicating in Spanish)...

Now when texting... the text falls behind the keyboard, so you can't actually see what is being typed... Strange. I've waited a few weeks for the fix.

It's enough to have me roll back as well. The question is, prior to WP10.. I was on 8.1 gdr1 (8.1 gdr2 was not available for 1520 at the time)... If, I roll back, I'd like to get gdr2.. (couple things in 8.1 gdr2 I like)...
    05-04-2015 12:21 PM
    The keyboard margins are what really drove me crazy. When you accidentally touch it the keyboard closes.

I also had problem with hitting send instead of delete causing me to frequently send unfinished messages that ended with a typo. The typo was usually a b at the end of the word from where I tried to hit the space key.

The old iPhones have small keyboards but they were always easy to use.
    05-04-2015 02:32 PM
    The keyboard margins are what really drove me crazy. When you accidentally touch it the keyboard closes.

I also had problem with hitting send instead of delete causing me to frequently send unfinished messages that ended with a typo. The typo was usually a b at the end of the word from where I tried to hit the space key.
    I did exactly that - super-annoying.

The combination of the keyboard shrinking, plus being a little sluggish (noticeable lag between when tapping Shift or &123 keys - just enough to interrupt what little rhythm & momentum these fat clumsy fingers can muster), PLUS moving to a slightly smaller form factor (635 from an 820) has made hurt my typing.

I see from the Feedback app that they're getting a LOT of feedback along these lines, though - so hopefully tweaks will happen.
    05-07-2015 07:56 AM
    I did exactly that - super-annoying.

The combination of the keyboard shrinking, plus being a little sluggish (noticeable lag between when tapping Shift or &123 keys - just enough to interrupt what little rhythm & momentum these fat clumsy fingers can muster), PLUS moving to a slightly smaller form factor (635 from an 820) has made hurt my typing.

I see from the Feedback app that they're getting a LOT of feedback along these lines, though - so hopefully tweaks will happen.
    I'm on a 1520 so I can't imagine what it would be like on a little phone. My keyboard issues were so bad I found myself not wanting to message people as it was exhausting.

I love the insider feedback program as it gives the community a chance to participate in development process. I don't recall ever seeing projects of this size with such a level of end user interactivity.
    05-07-2015 10:50 AM
    Same here. I kept making typos. But I have to send alot of messages so I had to revert to Denim. Left alot of feedback. I like the "original" keyboard (8.1).
    05-07-2015 11:00 AM