Another reason to buy a new phone to take full advantage of Windows 10!

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Buy a new phone and get caught in another trap?
What about users that bought an 830 on AT&T and still don't have camera 5 for lack of updates.

I received it through Rogers in Canada and honestly lumia camera 5 is not even that great. I find the Microsoft camera takes better shots.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Even though I recently picked up the 830 for $200 off contract, I'm still looking forward to a new Windows 10 flagship at some point. But I won't jump on it right away but will wait till it goes on sale and has all my carrier updates. I'm not going through another Denim & Lumia Camera 5 carrier delay fiasco. I don't just want Continuum but any other cool new Windows 10 features need to be preinstalled and proven to work out of the box. Not coming SOON like this Denim BS!

And add this to the new hardware Continuum confusion. If this is true it will not go over well with WP consumers!

"the higher end Cityman will support the new Continuum for phones feature but the slightly lower end Talkman will not have the feature"
Updated: Now with statement by Microsoft -The Verge corroborates Cityman and Talkman Lumia flagship rumours, but add a worrying note

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Even though I recently picked up the 830 for $200 off contract, I'm still looking forward to a new Windows 10 flagship at some point. But I won't jump on it right away but will wait till it goes on sale and has all my carrier updates. I'm not going through another Denim & Lumia Camera 5 carrier delay fiasco. I don't just want Continuum but any other cool new Windows 10 features need to be preinstalled and proven to work out of the box. Not coming SOON like this Denim BS!

And add this to the new hardware Continuum confusion. If this is true it will not go over well with WP consumers!

"the higher end Cityman will support the new Continuum for phones feature but the slightly lower end Talkman will not have the feature"
Updated: Now with statement by Microsoft -The Verge corroborates Cityman and Talkman Lumia flagship rumours, but add a worrying note

From the updated article:
The ability to support a second screen through a micro hdmi or a docking station will require new hardware. Ability to support a second physical screen is something the latest processors enable. Connection to a keyboard and mouse would be by Bluetooth.

My initial assumptions were correct, however they have yet to explain why a phone like the Lumia 1520 could not take advantage of adaptive scaling when mirroring to a miracast receiver.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What is Continuum?? lol

It is a coined term that encompasses several of the new features available on WP10 devices.

1. USB OTG and Bluetooth HID - Connect keyboards, mice, flash drives
  2. Adaptive Scaling - W10 Universal App feature - Apps have multiple UIs, OS can trigger layout changes
  3. USB MHL - Send HDMI signal via USB
  4. Multiple independent simultaneous display support

With these four features, Windows Phones can be docked, and open apps can switch layouts to match the target screen (Monitor, TV, etc). Phone can be paired with mice or keyboards. Additionally, the multiple display support would allow the phone to draw a mouse on the touchscreen while rendering the apps on the target display.

EDIT: In a nutshell, a W10 phone could be docked as a desktop, laptop, tablet, home theater system, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss