09-17-2016 05:26 AM
42 12
tools
    h ttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/supported-usb-devices-in-windows-10-mobile

There's nothing wrong in wishing OTG will arrive in future builds!
    Don't wish to much.... or it could finish some like "all the windows 8.1 phone will be upgraded to 10" :/
    04-11-2016 12:20 PM
    Voice recording works on all recent builds and phone models but is disabled by default.
    In order to enable it, go to Settings -> System -> Phone and in the "Default apps" section choose Voice Recorder to manage recorded phone calls. After this, when you are in a voice conversation the button "Record" will be enabled near "Video Call".
    Maurizio Troso and rusty502 like this.
    04-12-2016 05:34 AM
    There's no voice recorder in default apps for me(i have uninstalled skype as I dont handle video calls). Which build are you in?
    04-12-2016 05:57 AM
    There's no voice recorder in default apps for me(i have uninstalled skype as I dont handle video calls). Which build are you in?
    Yeah, there's no such option in default apps on my phone, running build 14295, too. Does this have to do something with carrier or region? Because, my phone doesn't even show my phone number under Settings > Phone > My phone number and also doesn't support visual voice mail.
    04-12-2016 06:14 AM
    Voice recording works on all recent builds and phone models but is disabled by default.
    In order to enable it, go to Settings -> System -> Phone and in the "Default apps" section choose Voice Recorder to manage recorded phone calls. After this, when you are in a voice conversation the button "Record" will be enabled near "Video Call".
    This option is not available to phones that have upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile. It is only available on phones that come with Windows 10 Mobile out of the box.

For example, on the Lumia 640, the most common phone being upgraded from WP 8.1 to W10M, the default apps under that screen are for Calling & Messaging, caller ID, and default app for video call. Nothing else there. Nothing for Voice Recorder anywhere.
    Deepak and xandros9 like this.
    04-12-2016 08:15 AM
    Call recording feature will be available within the phone app .... But not sure when, as it is clearly mentioned in feature of
    Microsoft Phone for Windows10 Mobile http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=v2suxVpW
    04-12-2016 11:25 PM
    Call recording feature will be available within the phone app .... But not sure when, as it is clearly mentioned in feature of
    Microsoft Phone for Windows10 Mobile http://forums.windowscentral.com/ext...2F9wzdncrdtbwp
    Check rhapdog's response above. Even if your device is supported, it may or may not be available due to local country laws.
    04-12-2016 11:40 PM
    I think there is no such issue on India
    Originally posted by pankaj981
    Originally Posted by mohanparmar1
    Microsoft Phone for Windows10 Mobile http://forums.windowscentral.com/ext...2F9wzdncrdtbwp
    Check rhapdog's response above. Even if your device is supported, it may or may not be available due to local country laws.
    04-13-2016 10:21 PM
    I think there is no such issue on India
    Okay in that case it may be limited for WM10 preloaded devices only? I haven't seen any posts that suggest that pre-WM10 are getting this feature.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-13-2016 11:00 PM
    Okay in that case it may be limited for WM10 preloaded devices only? I haven't seen any posts that suggest that pre-WM10 are getting this feature.
    That's what I was saying above.

This option is not available to phones that have upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile. It is only available on phones that come with Windows 10 Mobile out of the box.

For example, on the Lumia 640, the most common phone being upgraded from WP 8.1 to W10M, the default apps under that screen are for Calling & Messaging, caller ID, and default app for video call. Nothing else there. Nothing for Voice Recorder anywhere.
    I believe that this is something that has some additional hardware that had to be enabled installed or enabled during manufacturing, which has only been done for W10M out-of-the-box devices. There was some vague mention of it by Microsoft somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it again. I believe it's similar to how, even though a 1520 is powerful enough to handle Continuum, and it has the capability for dual display, it doesn't have the extra silicon required for OTG, which breaks Continuum. I think it's the same with the call recorder.

If you want to record calls on W10M, you'll have to buy a new phone.
    04-14-2016 07:38 AM
    Reading this makes me nostalgic for Palm Treo 650. Call recording on by default, until the lawyers howling.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-14-2016 07:52 AM
    Reading this makes me nostalgic for Palm Treo 650. Call recording on by default, until the lawyers howling.
    There's some 3rd party app in Store, isn't there?
    04-14-2016 10:34 AM

It's Palm Treo 650 circa 2004 with PalmOS, not WP Lumia 650. At that time MS with WM5 has to disable that function due to legal issues.
    Maurizio Troso and xandros9 like this.
    04-14-2016 10:54 AM
    There is a 3rd party app in the store, where you basically go through their service that you pay monthly for. You call their line, it is recorded to their servers. Your call is put through like a conference call, with their servers being the 3rd party that records the call for you. Not quite the same thing as your "phone" doing the recording.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    04-14-2016 12:26 PM
    Call recording works perfectly on my 950 XL. In the United States, call recording is perfectly legal in all states if both parties agree. It is also legal in all "single party" states like my state Colorado. I am the party that knows the call is being recorded and that is all that is necessary. I have used call recording instead of taking notes (I let the other party know) and I also have used it for quality assurance on my end -- like calls with CenturyLink or Comcast, etc. as mentioned by someone else in this thread. See American Legal Guide on Recording Telephone Conversations (USA) for more info.
    04-17-2016 12:50 PM
    In Ohio, my understanding is that you can record any call....but, to be admissible as evidence in a court of law all parties involved must be advised ahead of time that the call is being recorded....and call recording works great on my AT&T 950.

Sent from mTalk
    04-17-2016 01:29 PM
    its not about legal or illegal ! if its like that than why there is a call recording in android phones and why the Microsoft 950 and 950 xl have a built in call recorder
    i have a cell phone shop and i actually used all kinds of phones and generally all android phones worked with the free automatic call recorder
    some people say that its a hardware advantage the phone must have the right hardware to record the calls but this fake stories can be believed by people that they dont know in microcontrollers and electronics and microelectronics and how does the phone work

i know why there is no call recording soft for old windows phones.
    they dont want to upgrade the software for any old Microsoft or Nokia phones or whatever it is the phone because the want you to buy the new one which has call recorder
    why is it a big deal to add a tiny and small script to have a built in software that records calls ??
    answer ???
    09-17-2016 05:26 AM
42 12