Call recorder for windows 10 for phone?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Oh, if OTG (MS promised feature) is included in Redstone builds, then- it's gonna be awwesome

Microsoft has definitively stated that OTG requires new hardware, hence will only be available on new phones that also have Continuum. Non-continuum phones will not get OTG. What I would like to find out is if the call recording also requires new hardware.

Since the 650 has it, it does not require a continuum phone, but is there a different hardware requirement and is there a reason we're not seeing it yet?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
That's an old "click bait style" title, with not technical development. Then many official sites had given specs about OTG usb ready models.
Sure there are many other phones with OTG since years, like top rated Nokia

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
h ttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/supported-usb-devices-in-windows-10-mobile

There's nothing wrong in wishing OTG will arrive in future builds! :love:

Petru Moldovan

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Voice recording works on all recent builds and phone models but is disabled by default.
In order to enable it, go to Settings -> System -> Phone and in the "Default apps" section choose Voice Recorder to manage recorded phone calls. After this, when you are in a voice conversation the button "Record" will be enabled near "Video Call".

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
There's no voice recorder in default apps for me(i have uninstalled skype as I dont handle video calls). Which build are you in?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
There's no voice recorder in default apps for me(i have uninstalled skype as I dont handle video calls). Which build are you in?

Yeah, there's no such option in default apps on my phone, running build 14295, too. Does this have to do something with carrier or region? Because, my phone doesn't even show my phone number under Settings > Phone > My phone number and also doesn't support visual voice mail.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Voice recording works on all recent builds and phone models but is disabled by default.
In order to enable it, go to Settings -> System -> Phone and in the "Default apps" section choose Voice Recorder to manage recorded phone calls. After this, when you are in a voice conversation the button "Record" will be enabled near "Video Call".

This option is not available to phones that have upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile. It is only available on phones that come with Windows 10 Mobile out of the box.

For example, on the Lumia 640, the most common phone being upgraded from WP 8.1 to W10M, the default apps under that screen are for Calling & Messaging, caller ID, and default app for video call. Nothing else there. Nothing for Voice Recorder anywhere.

mohanparmar1

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay in that case it may be limited for WM10 preloaded devices only? I haven't seen any posts that suggest that pre-WM10 are getting this feature.

That's what I was saying above.

This option is not available to phones that have upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile. It is only available on phones that come with Windows 10 Mobile out of the box.

For example, on the Lumia 640, the most common phone being upgraded from WP 8.1 to W10M, the default apps under that screen are for Calling & Messaging, caller ID, and default app for video call. Nothing else there. Nothing for Voice Recorder anywhere.

I believe that this is something that has some additional hardware that had to be enabled installed or enabled during manufacturing, which has only been done for W10M out-of-the-box devices. There was some vague mention of it by Microsoft somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it again. I believe it's similar to how, even though a 1520 is powerful enough to handle Continuum, and it has the capability for dual display, it doesn't have the extra silicon required for OTG, which breaks Continuum. I think it's the same with the call recorder.

If you want to record calls on W10M, you'll have to buy a new phone.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
There's some 3rd party app in Store, isn't there?

There is a 3rd party app in the store, where you basically go through their service that you pay monthly for. You call their line, it is recorded to their servers. Your call is put through like a conference call, with their servers being the 3rd party that records the call for you. Not quite the same thing as your "phone" doing the recording.

jimn9879

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Call recording works perfectly on my 950 XL. In the United States, call recording is perfectly legal in all states if both parties agree. It is also legal in all "single party" states like my state Colorado. I am the party that knows the call is being recorded and that is all that is necessary. I have used call recording instead of taking notes (I let the other party know) and I also have used it for quality assurance on my end -- like calls with CenturyLink or Comcast, etc. as mentioned by someone else in this thread. See American Legal Guide on Recording Telephone Conversations (USA) for more info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo