How can I add an Gmail account in Windows phone 10?

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: how can i add gmail account in windows phone 10?

Originally posted by Shalaka Patil
Why should we create a new exchange account if I have a working Microsoft account. And even after creating new exchange account if it not working for calendar/contacts whats the use of creating it.

Cause there is a bug for now that prevent to log to you gmail account. So for my case, until it is fixed, I use the old way to connect to mail account.

About the use of calendar/contact, I didn't look if exchange account sync it or not, I just said IMAP/POP doesn't. Because in fact, I personally don't care since my gmail account is just for mails, important mails, but I have no use of calendar nor contacts. So I found a way to have a usefull mailbox to avoid a bug during the time it's fixed and I shared it.
If you're not happy with this, well, please enjoys your unhappy life or roll back to another W10M build, or well, find another way to connect to your gmail account.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Yeah, can't add a google account on my new 950XL...fast ring. Says browser not supported. Lame, Google (and Microsoft?).

They need to fix this ASAP as lots of new customers are coming on with the $449 sale. Looks real bad.

dkshao

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
They seem to have fixed it.
Was having this issue last night when setting up a friends gmail on a new Lumia, now this morning it worked.

Hopefully its fixed for everyone.

dano853

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
When i was getting the same "unsupported" message before, I set up my gmail through the pop/imap feature, which worked, but did not support contacts or calendar.
This morning I was able to set up my account through the gmail option. It took several minutes to initiate and update, so don't do this if you need to use the phone immediately
A tip: once you know you CAN set up through the gmail option, go through and cancel/delete it from any previous option you had set up/linked it to before..... do this FIRST to avoid confusion with duplicated accounts.
You will NOT get a Gmail tile. When you want to ACCESS your gmail click the Outlook tile and hit the 3 lines in the upper left. That will allow you to select which accounts to view.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
When i was getting the same "unsupported" message before, I set up my gmail through the pop/imap feature, which worked, but did not support contacts or calendar.
This morning I was able to set up my account through the gmail option. It took several minutes to initiate and update, so don't do this if you need to use the phone immediately
A tip: once you know you CAN set up through the gmail option, go through and cancel/delete it from any previous option you had set up/linked it to before..... do this FIRST to avoid confusion with duplicated accounts.
You will NOT get a Gmail tile. When you want to ACCESS your gmail click the Outlook tile and hit the 3 lines in the upper left. That will allow you to select which accounts to view.

Google fixed it and apologized a couple of days ago

Shalaka Patil

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
They seem to have fixed it.
Was having this issue last night when setting up a friends gmail on a new Lumia, now this morning it worked.

Hopefully its fixed for everyone.

Can you describe the whole procedure what you did in your friends phone?
And can i know which phone(model No.) he is using.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Can you describe the whole procedure what you did in your friends phone?
And can i know which phone(model No.) he is using.

It was a Google iussue, they fixed it last week and made public apologizes (see articles on Central or Google)
Now you can simply add your gMail account like any other

scott miller10

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: how can i add gmail account in windows phone 10?

On start screen swipe to the left to the app list.
Open the Outlook mail app
Tap on the hamburger menu in the left top corner
Tap then on the setting wheel in the right bottom corner
Under the setting page tap on accounts
And then on + account
And then on Google
Now you can add your google account.

But i do not know if you get a live tile.

You can't, period.

This isn't the answer, all this does is link your gmail account to your outlook inbox, you have the option of adding a "livetile" to the homescreen but it's not a real gmail tile it's just another outlook tile with the gmail name.

You'll understand when you get an email to your gmail inbox and it also shows on the outlook tile as well.

There is no true option of adding gmail as a separate client to your windows 10 phone. If you unlink your gmail from your outlook account the supposed gmail "livetile" will disappear.

Why is it that when there are any issues with anything Microsoft it's always passed onto Indian people?

Is all Microsoft product troubleshooting handled by people in India?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb