How many people edit raw images from Lumia phones?

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
How many people edit raw images from lumia phones

So i been using raw for ages now, its the only way, what would you think of windows 10 having a Inbuilt raw editor for the next gen 1030 and 940

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: How many people edit raw images from lumia phones

I think this editor would "always" loose from a pc version. So for a "amateur" it would be good enough but for a "pro" not. But I wonder how many "amateurs" really take RAW pictures and know what they do in a editor. I for example I have no idea what buttons to push in a editor.

Last edited:

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

The reason i said lumia 940 and 1030 is because they will have lots of ram and far more powerful cpu and gpu, now if they design the editor to work amazing on just those phones it would set it apart from all the other phones and DLSR camera's on the market and i can't imagine Amateurs using raw but then again Lumia 930/1020 at not for amateurs, it would need to be just as good as photoshop's raw editor of course or close to it, and then your could scale it up on bigger screen for continum i think that's how you spell it. we already have a builtin editor which is really good for jpegs but a Raw one would have me at hello

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

I did not see it in your way but it really would makes sense. Not only a topnotch camera but also an editor would set the device indeed in a class apart.
And even if not everyone would use it the pro's would be happy and maybe some amateurs would become pro's.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Exactly :) Windows to me means being able to do everything on any device, i want to send the idea to Microsoft on the feedback thing, where ideas get voted but i don't know where to look, I mean you can buy a 600 pound laptop and it can do more things then you are even capable of doing, why can't phones be like that too, phones are just as powerful as computers back in 2003 maybe more so

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I've really been trying my hand at editing .dng via Rawer on my 1520 for a few months. I like the results and think it brings out a lot promise in an OK shot and makes it closer to ideal. I've not really messed with GIMP too much on desktop. There is a very steep learning curve there. I think they made the program way too complex and I get lost in the various options and can not accomplish much that is of any value.

I don't want to see something like that on Win 10 Phones. But I would like something with more in-depth controls that Rawer offers right now. And remember, it will be easy to port in Win32 applications. Desktop style editors for .dng should proliferate quite nicely to Win 10 Phones...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

PS you talk about the successor to 1020 and 930, but I believe what we will see will be successors to 930 and 1520.

Expect a 940 and a 940 XL.

rafal soboczynski

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

I think this editor would "always" loose from a pc version. So for a "amateur" it would be good enough but for a "pro" not. But I wonder how many "amateurs" really take RAW pictures and know what they do in a editor. I for example I have no idea what buttons to push in a editor.

How about continuum for phones, someone could create a app to work with this. Use it on a phone to get some basic things done, connect to tv and wireless mouse and keyboard and edit as much as you want

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

How about continuum for phones, someone could create a app to work with this. Use it on a phone to get some basic things done, connect to tv and wireless mouse and keyboard and edit as much as you want

My thoughts on point, it would help people become more mobile and lighter on there travails, A DLSR is still a pain to have with you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett