Discovered:How to change Glance settings in Windows 10 for phones

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if people know of tis already, but there's an easy way to get Glance and other Nokia apps to open in Windows 10. This only works for phones which get Update 2 via Insiders before getting Windows 10.

1. Update to GDR 2, pin the settings (that don't open in Win 10) to the start screen
2. Update to Windows 10, the settings will still be there and will work. You can even take a backup beforehand, and factory reset after updating to Win 10 and the shortcuts will still work.

I can change glance settings now and also use motion data/touch.

wp_ss_20150509_0001.pngwp_ss_20150509_0002.pngwp_ss_20150509_0003.png

Nightwolf88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
In the new build 10080 you can reach it via the settings and extra's. Strange thing is that i lost the extra tab after performing a hard reset when i got into an infinite reboot loop.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
In the new build 10080 you can reach it via the settings and extra's. Strange thing is that i lost the extra tab after performing a hard reset when i got into an infinite reboot loop.

Yes, I have a feeling if we had let the upgraded build sit for a while, it would have disappeared.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I updated to 10080 yesterday and got snagged with the Loading... issue, so I did a hard reset and chose to not restore the backup. I see in downloads that glance was something that downloaded, but if I tap on glance in downloads and then chose view, I'm not taken to it anywhere. I cannot figure out where the glance settings are? Anybody in the same boat or can explain how to access the glance settings?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I updated to 10080 yesterday and got snagged with the Loading... issue, so I did a hard reset and chose to not restore the backup. I see in downloads that glance was something that downloaded, but if I tap on glance in downloads and then chose view, I'm not taken to it anywhere. I cannot figure out where the glance settings are? Anybody in the same boat or can explain how to access the glance settings?
Its in the app list to the right of the start screen.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
was glance background beta removed from the store? i remember its development had been cancelled... but not vanished :C

i used it without even one problem ever since it came out :C i'm so sad. i can't even use my lockscreen as background since i'm using an unsupported App :C

Mr Philo

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to sideload the glance app? I have set up everything, logged in but my glance is on everytime! I don't want to do it all again :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786