Is there an original #BURST mode available for the WP 10 camera?

Mr Question himself

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
#BURST mode camera

I haven't tried WP10, still on 8.1 update 2, heard microsoft will replace "microsoft camera "to "Lumia camera" and make it default in WP10. Is there the original Burst mode available for wp10? and no, the sequence mode in lumia camera will never top the #BURST mode!
please anybody respond!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: #BURST mode camera

That is also in wp8.1 with the exception that in newer devices the Microsoft camera seems to be disappeared.

Smart_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

That is also in wp8.1 with the exception that in newer devices the Microsoft camera seems to be disappeared.

Kinda. It's actually still there. I can't find it in my app list (I have the 930) but you can select it as a default camera app

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

To answer the original question, there's no "real" burst mode in Windows 10, yet.

The 8.1 update burst mode was actually pretty cool, my 830 could take probably 7-8 pics in a second, and hundreds of frames in total, and a cool UI where you could choose which frames to keep.

The Windows 10 camera app is quite similar to Lumia camera. Burst in these apps is just taking one photo after another in series. My 830 can do maybe 1 frame a second in this mode and all photos are saved individually, with no easy way to choose which to keep.

There's also moment capture where it records a video clip and lets you choose which frames to keep, but it is low res on 830/735, however works as usual on 930/1520 and saves 8Mp stills.

Hope this helps.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

There is a burst mode in Windows 10, just needs to be enabled in the camera settings. Change to burst instead of video. Then you can now hold the camera shutter then it will take bursts.

Mr Question himself

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
@slyronit you just answered what i exactly needed. thanks. @mjyumping is the burst mode in wp10 same as in 8.1? where you can select a picture yourself among all (20) pictures the camera took?
Honestly, with that great UI and that clarity even being in low res, That mode deserves to be inbuilt forever into the phone.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
@slyronit you just answered what i exactly needed. thanks. @mjyumping is the burst mode in wp10 same as in 8.1? where you can select a picture yourself among all (20) pictures the camera took?
Honestly, with that great UI and that clarity even being in low res, That mode deserves to be inbuilt forever into the phone.

Yes, just a little different though, its just like you captured lots of photos. But there is no selection of the photos you've taken on the bottom.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, just a little different though, its just like you captured lots of photos. But there is no selection of the photos you've taken on the bottom.
That's not what burst is. It's the equivalent of pressing the shutter again and again. Burst is supposed to be fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6