PowerPoint Presentations in W10 for Phones!!!

TLuck Sharma

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Guys I want to know that will I be able to make PowerPoint presentations on W10 in final version? Currently all windows phones can only make Word and Excel files and there is no way to make Presentations,
I've also read that Microsoft is making whole new office apps.
So I'm looking forward to W10, if I can make presentations on my phone that would be very useful feature for me...
If you guys have any news about this, Do let me know, your answer will be appreciated :)
Thank You....

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm willing to wager yes, but we'll know for sure when we get our hands on the Office preview for phones sometime soon.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Seems that I remember something about that when Joe Belfiore was talking about continuum for phones. He stated that you could use the phone as the remote control to control a PowerPoint presentation that was being presented from the phone itself. Using the phone as a second screen, the phone could be the remote.

Also, all Windows 10 Touch Office apps are Universal Apps and will run on phone. That means, from my understanding, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Publisher. I am unsure if Access is included with this, but it should be as well.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Seems that I remember something about that when Joe Belfiore was talking about continuum for phones. He stated that you could use the phone as the remote control to control a PowerPoint presentation that was being presented from the phone itself. Using the phone as a second screen, the phone could be the remote.

I believe you can already do that. I know I can do it with my Android.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I believe you can already do that. I know I can do it with my Android.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

We aren't talking about using the phone to remote control a PC presentation of PowerPoint. We're talking about using a phone to project to a large screen in full HD (not phone dimensions, but full desktop mode), then remote control the phone's presentation that is shown on the big screen from the phone's small screen. Can't be done on Android. Android can only show the phone dimensions and can't enter into a continuum like mode for full desktop sizing options and doesn't have a PowerPoint that can take advantage of full desktop sizing options.

Sorry I didn't post this the first time, I had never used it so didn't know until now. Here is how to do the new presentation.
As far as creating a PowerPoint presentation using Windows Phone 8.1, open the Office app, go to Recent Documents, scroll all the way down to Sample Documents, and open Sample presentation. Then you can Edit the Sample presentation to make a new one, and do a "Save As" to create a new file name for it. Voila! A New PowerPoint Presentation created from the phone.

TLuck Sharma

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

Also, all Windows 10 Touch Office apps are Universal Apps and will run on phone. That means, from my understanding, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Publisher. I am unsure if Access is included with this, but it should be as well.

Controlling presentations is one thing but Creating Presentations is another, would love if they add this feature in Office preview...

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Controlling presentations is one thing but Creating Presentations is another, would love if they add this feature in Office preview...

Perhaps you missed my second post. You can create a presentation!
Sorry I didn't post this the first time, I had never used it so didn't know until now. Here is how to do the new presentation.
As far as creating a PowerPoint presentation using Windows Phone 8.1, open the Office app, go to Recent Documents, scroll all the way down to Sample Documents, and open Sample presentation. Then you can Edit the Sample presentation to make a new one, and do a "Save As" to create a new file name for it. Voila! A New PowerPoint Presentation created from the phone.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Yes, you can totally create presentations with PowerPoint Preview for Windows 10 Mobile. I'm doing it right now.

It's pretty much full blown PowerPoint... has all the fancy transitions and everything. My 928 is way to small to really do much, I need a Windows Mobile device with a stylus... like a Note 4 with Windows Mobile on it. A guy can dream....

TLuck Sharma

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you can totally create presentations with PowerPoint Preview for Windows 10 Mobile. I'm doing it right now.

It's pretty much full blown PowerPoint... has all the fancy transitions and everything. My 928 is way to small to really do much, I need a Windows Mobile device with a stylus... like a Note 4 with Windows Mobile on it. A guy can dream....

Lucky you :p So, You are using preview version of PowerPoint, right?
Can't wait to get it on my L730, I'll better wait for final release cz this is my only phone,
Could you share some ScreenShot of whole new PowerPoint?
Thank You so much for the Good News 😊

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my 928 is not my primary phone, I'm not sure I would have installed this if it was.

Here you go... it's the transition "ribbon." Anything in particular you want to see, let me know.

ppt1.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes