W10 Tech Preview - 10080: Lumia Icon - To install, or not to install

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
HA! How?s this for a bug/user error? So I was reading that doing a hard reset would help with some issues with the phone so I did a hard reset. What happened is hilarious. I can?t help but laugh. So my 930 is from Thailand(?) and after the hard reset was done I was asked to set my language and region. Well, I would hit the little box to bring up the list of possible languages and every single time I tried to scroll to English the list of languages disappeared. After doing this five times I somehow set the language in Thai(or probably Chinese) and now my phone is in a language I can?t read. Hopefully I can fumble my way through the settings to change the language

Matthias Verboven

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
How you liking it?

For me it's quite stable. One major bug that is annoying me: when setting a background picture behind the tiles, and when I make the tiles transparent, half of my picture is black, the other half displays a cropped picture.

Funfact: 'old' WP8.1 apps launch faster than before, no resuming.

Other little bug: the tiles of official apps by MS, and some other from the store, have a fussy logo on it.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
So mines was stuck on the loading screen, would stay there for about 5 minutes then reboot on it's own. Just been a continuos loop of that since installing it. Doing a hard reset now to see if I can at least get into W10 to play with it a little bit. During the loading screen I could swipe down and go to all settings. Also a noticed a text file in my documents folder (called Non_Production Errors) that read as follows lol

// Production Self Test Log

// This log file describes test failures from the Production Self Test.
// If you see this log file, it means that this device is not ready to ship
// because some of the production self tests are failing. If this is a pre-production
// device, this is an expected result and this file can be ignored (or deleted). If this
// is supposed to be a production ready device, check the log below to identify tests that
// are failing, and see the Windows Phone documentation for information on how to fix the
// issues identified by these tests.

TEST FAIL: SBCP Policy Publisher mismatch
TEST FAIL: PRERELEASE: Pre-Release software - Not approved for release

I accessed this through my PC

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll do it tonight. Wish me luck.

DONT DO IT!!! I played with it for an hour straight and too many issues. The Screen resolution is all jacked up, the phone experience is laggy... overall not good. I am literally downloading the recovery tool now and rolling back to 8.1

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
After an hour with the build I would say a strong no unless you want to provide feedback and roll back after a few days. It's really rough and buggy still.

tsax6010

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Most of my issues have gone away after a hard reset. Start menu no longer gets stuck on "Loading..."

I also have found a few old system app icons seem to have been carried over from my start menu restore like Pictures that will not load. Once I removed the old app pin and pinned the new Pictures app it works fine.

I have a ton of apps still downloading which is sucking battery faster than I can charge. Phone is VERY hot.

Also, I have noticed bugs where clicking "Download Message" in a MMS text causes the message app to crash. Start menu background image comes up half screen on reboot, but changing from full background to tiles and back to full fixes it until the next reboot.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Uggg...
The toils of being a beta-tester.
Hard resets (and roll-backs) lose saved games, for those developers that chose not to enable cloud saving.
:(
JJ

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Guys I did a hard reset and all is good. Just that I no longer have my ME tile and can't create folders by dropping an app on another app.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Also stuck on loading here. But i can hold back button but taskmanager is not really showing anything. I can get into notifications and via that into settings, but other then that i can't do anything. Not sure if hard-reset will fix

Hard reset is the one and only solution!! if you have a backup then go on~~~

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
No issues here after hard reset other than not being able to set up my exchange server on the new mail app. For security reasons we use a non standard address for our mail server and there does not seem to be a way to manually enter this when setting up the account.

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hard reset is the one and only solution!! if you have a backup then go on~~~
*coughcough*
iTunes -> Restore Backup. Just kidding.
Why doesn't MS have a 1:1 backup system?

EDIT: I noticed that Power + VolDown starts the Feedback application.
If you want to submit feedback, you could do this... but hold it a bit longer to soft-reset, of course.

Last edited:

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
*coughcough*
iTunes -> Restore Backup. Just kidding.
Why doesn't MS have a 1:1 backup system?

EDIT: I noticed that Power + VolDown starts the Feedback application.
If you want to submit feedback, you could do this... but hold it a bit longer to soft-reset, of course.

it's not too bad. When restoring from the same os version it's just about that way.

Biggest problem is apps that don't store to the cloud. WiFi setting too. Don't understand if we can have WiFi sense sharing why that doesn't restore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea