11-28-2015 10:11 AM
111 ... 345
tools
    I have exactly same problem with my Lumia 830.
    I've tried hard reset, nothing changed. every time i go to start screen just loading . . .
    when i touch any bottom a mouse cursor blink on top left of my screen.
    The back-light of navigation bottoms doesn't work after upgrading to windows 10 TP.
    05-28-2015 01:08 PM
    I faced the same issue on my Lumia 620. Soft reset (Power button + Volume down) once brought Start screen back!
    05-31-2015 03:05 AM
    I'm on Lumia 920 and having the same problem this morning.
    Yesterday was normal but still having "pending" status on some apps.
    Couple hours just loading screen but still can access drop down and I just press the "All Settings" and it was in the setting.
    Then I get out and suddenly my screen is normal again and the "pending" apps has been normal again.
    Not sure whether it needs some time for the phone to load things up or I managed to lure by opening the settings menu.
    06-15-2015 09:44 PM
    I have the same issue, I can get to F8, but then nothing else will work, the repair will not repair... any idea's
    06-27-2015 05:16 AM
    Same issue, but a semi-decent workaround (in case you can't wait it out, which seems to be the only thing to do): Launch Cortana...you can now search your apps via Cortana, so...it isn't ideal, but better than waiting forever. Hopefully it gets resolved soon because I actually like the new jazz a lot...this is with a 1520, by the way. Good luck everyone!
    07-27-2015 12:29 AM
    Your mileage may vary and it might just be coincidence, but what seems to work for me (did this 3 times when it happened)is:

as it shows the "Loading..." message on startup, i invoked Cortana
    Had her open Viber
    Had Viber load up
    exit viber by pressing back multiple times to go back to the start screen
    a few seconds later, my start screen comes back.

Not sure if any other app works to do this. One other thing i've tried is to go to personalization and then change start background settings from Tile to Full background or vice versa. But i've tried this just once. The viber trick seems to work better for me.

07-27-2015 02:13 AM
    When I have this problem I launch kid's corner mode ,after I back to normal mode>> sometime it can help!!
    07-29-2015 09:09 PM
    What fixed the Loading... with a backup was while your phone is 'broken', go to settings via the notification center, go to backup and untoggle the apps backup. Now do a backup from your device.

This will lose your installed apps, but if you now do a hard reset and use that backup all the rest will still be put back in place except for your apps (which is most likely the cause of this mess).

Update: looks like the apps arent installed, but they are in the store but show as a failed installed. Strange.

Looks like this is the fix then:
    1) While your phone is stuck on Loading... head over to the notification center and go to settings
    2) Browse to settings > Update & security > Backup
    3) Untoggle 'Backup my app data to OneDrive'
    4) Tap on 'Change OneDrive backup settings'
    5) Tap on 'Backup now' (sometimes it doesnt start immediately, a few taps/moments waiting should kickstart it, you'll know it started when the button is replaced by a progress bar)
    6) When the backup is finished, do a hard reset
    • Power the device off
    • Press the power key once, device will vibrate
    • Immediately press and hold the Volume Down key
    • Exclamation point will appear, release Volume Down key
    • Press these buttons one at a time in this order: Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down
    • Device should vibrate, reboot, show the Nokia flash screen, and then go to the spinning gears install screen.

7) When it asks for the backup, choose the one you made
    8) Wait for the restore to finish, then head over to the Store app (NOT the beta Store)
    9) You'll see your old apps in the downloads section, they show as failed (in my case there were 54 apps).

From what I can see it's the start screen that keeps crashing and trying to restart over and over again. When a WP app crashes it closes and returns to the previous app (or start screen). This is exactly the case, it crashes and keeps going back to the previous app (the start screen), thus an infinte loop.

I found this by opening the settings, and then pressing the home button (so not closing the settings), The start screen opens with 'Loading...' but crashes so the phone goes back to the previous app (in this case, the settings app).
    Has any one else had success with this work around I'm thinking about trying it as I still have this problem daily.
    08-01-2015 09:14 PM
    I have a L1520 which would take several minutes to load the start screen. The issue was resolved when I transferred the Apps to the Micro SD Card. Some Apps will not transfer but a good percentage do and takes the load off the phone when starting. Prior to transfer of Apps, the phone would take 15+ minutes to get start screen, now 40secs.
    08-09-2015 09:46 PM
    Hi,

I have the same problem on my L830.
    The solution for me is:
    - All settings
    - Personalisation
    - Start
    - Background: Full screen picture
    Go back and the Start screen works.
    If you don't want the background picture full screen, wait a few minutes and do the same again but choose Tile picture.

This works for me every time.
    Hope it helps some people.

Grtz,
    ARos77
    08-10-2015 02:44 AM
    Had the same problem on L950 but the tile option didn't solve anything to me.

I fixed it without reseting my phone nor losing anything. here is the solution:

Opened the action panel and clicked all settings.
    - Reverted the last change i made which was the language settings
    - Restarted and worked
    - Reapplied the language setting i wanted
    - Restarted and the bug didn't reproduce.

I had also changed some other settings along but I think some settings shouldn't be changed along with some others when a restart is required. Just a guess.
    11-28-2015 10:11 AM
111 ... 345