Win10 on L930: Stuck on loading startscreen

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Microsoft Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

For what it's worth the recovery tool didn't work for me. When I restarted the phone went to a screen with a lightning bolt and a gear and got stuck. I eventually gave up and did a hard reset and it seems to be working, but I couldn't get it to rollback to 8.1. So I hope this is semi stable because it looks like it would be a pain trying to roll it back.

Gunzta

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth the recovery tool didn't work for me. When I restarted the phone went to a screen with a lightning bolt and a gear and got stuck. I eventually gave up and did a hard reset and it seems to be working, but I couldn't get it to rollback to 8.1. So I hope this is semi stable because it looks like it would be a pain trying to roll it back.

The recovery tool will flash the latest official version of the OS to your phone, and it does it much much quicker than any previous tool for recovery. I flashed my 930 back to 8.1 in about 45 seconds this morning. Logged in with my MS account, selected backup to restore. By the time I got to work, 20 mins later, everything was back to normal. No issues.

This is not a rollback, this is a wipe and clean flash of the firmware.​

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone did anything to really solve the issue.

For now I can access a couple of apps using Cortana. ::itssomething::

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
People who suggest a couple of steps then at the end say hard reset. You know that steps really don't matter? Right?

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
To chime in for my 930, I went the whole day at work with the slow responses and loading screens. Got home, copied all my stuff to my notebook as a backup and then went into my settings and reset my phone with no backup recovery (started fresh)

Working like a charm all things considered.

Currently posting this on my 930 through the Spartan/Edge browser.

I think it has more to do with some conflicting / lingering stuff from 8.1 kicking around in the background. Wiping and starting fresh with 10 works really well.

Though some apps are having problems installing/updating, no live tiles, and my start screen stopped adding apps in the list.... Plus the Sports app seems to be stuck in one spot and is actually taking up a spot of another app, it is still functional for daily use.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
coming from a flashaholic Android background, one thing I learnt, is always to hard reset before flashing a new rom, if you want to test things on a fresh level and not dragging across corrupted migrated data, Its OK to update a ROM or firmware on an interim update, but something major like 8 to 10 WP, its the same as google 4.4 to 5...nightmare if you tried to do it OTA as a basic update, best way in the end was Hard reset and then update, or update then Hard reset.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My 920 is stuck there too OP. I will have to get the recovery and go to work this weekend. I also have to fix my laptop after Windows 10 TP broke it and now it doesn't boot up at all either.

Lingeshwaran R

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me before, you have to use the recovery tool and try the process again.

So it was just done installing but i have a major issue: my startscreen won't load.
I can use the notifications dropdown and hold back to show (empty) taskmanager but thats it.

I had an issue while installing that it wouldn't reboot (it powered off but didn't turn back on again) and now i have this issue.

More people with this issue? And does hard-reset help?

I was checking out the settings and restarted one time and checking out the settings again. After a while (a minute or 4/5) the start screen came up. Then I changed the start screen to show more tiles and I got the 'Loading...' back, but now it took only a minute or so.

Now the start screen is always instant available...

Edit:

Some one else reported 20 minutes of 'Loading...' before the start screen showed up...

just goto action center>settings>personalization>start> and change from full to tiles. also switch off show more tiles and change the background to some pic.

you can revert back to full once the start screen is loaded.

(this was the only method that worked for me)

Martinspire

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that method (or changing any settings for the matter) doesn't work at all on my machine. I'm back at 8.1 waiting for a fix to get around it. I think many here that had the loading issue, will get it back once they reboot their phone.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded and mostly installed easily and quickly. Most programs and apps work. BUT

The ones I use most often and most depend on: Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar, One Note; Office either didn't install or didn't work. Calendar showed the next appointment in the Start screen tile, but wouldn't open. Emails showed up after pulling down the Start Screen in Actions, but there was no place to open or read them or send new ones. No One Note, no Office.

There was a message that some things did not install and I should try again but many attempts over several hours resulted in nothing. I also did repeated soft and hard resets to no avail.

Finally I just wiped it out with the Lumia Reset Tool and am back to a prior version of 8.1. (I also temporarily took myself off Fast and Slow track) of Windows Insider.

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Um...I can reproduce the problem using 920 after hard reset and restore from backup.
After that, I try to uninstall Skype via setting->Storage Sense, then do a soft reset
The start screen can be loaded.

Not sure it is the root cause or not.

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
just goto action center>settings>personalization>start> and change from full to tiles. also switch off show more tiles and change the background to some pic.

you can revert back to full once the start screen is loaded.

(this was the only method that worked for me)
After how much time did the start screen show up? And did you press the windows button after doing the settings? Because nothing is working for me. I don't want to hard reset but I guess that's my last option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo