I've started a user voice for this and would like for anyone to vote on it.

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...ter-hard-reset

After a hard reset you loose access to all apps on sd card. I can't get them back at all. This needs to change. The OS should be smart enough to know that these apps belong to me and should continue using them. This is a huge annoyance.
    05-14-2015 02:01 PM
    This cannot be done. Few part of the app stay in the phone memory so that the app is not used by any other device! Hard reset removes those files which makes it equal to a new device. If they make a feature like this then WP would not be so secure at all. I mean, these files have codes which tell that you downloaded this app from the windows phone store. If this restriction was not there then people would have been downloading apps from other sources and put them SD card to make it read!
    So this feature cannot be done
    05-14-2015 02:24 PM
    I have to disagree. It could easily be handled in several ways. For instance, a hardware ID and an app instance ID could be saved to their account or embedded in the file at installation time. The hardware ID would be the same regardless of the OS version so it ensures that it only works on that one device.
    05-14-2015 03:28 PM
    I have to disagree. It could easily be handled in several ways. For instance, a hardware ID and an app instance ID could be saved to their account or embedded in the file at installation time. The hardware ID would be the same regardless of the OS version so it ensures that it only works on that one device.
    Microsoft account ID would be better, as it could, in theory, allow apps on a SD card to work in multiple phones, as long as the same user is logged in... Would be nice for when you buy a new phone... Could just move the SD card over and have all your games/apps ready to go.
    Last edited by sinime; 05-14-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    Laura Knotek and rhapdog like this.
    05-14-2015 03:55 PM
    Microsoft account ID would be better, as it could, in theory, allow apps on a SIM card to work in multiple phones, as long as the same user is logged in... Would be nice for when you buy a new phone... Could just move the SIM over and have all your games/apps ready to go.
    I presume you mean SD card and not SIM.
    sinime likes this.
    05-14-2015 04:10 PM
    I presume you mean SD card and not SIM.
    Yeah 😌 that's what I meant... Went ahead and edited it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-2015 09:06 PM
    These can be manually read or added if its on a SD card
    Harrie-S likes this.
    05-15-2015 12:37 PM