06-25-2015 06:47 PM
84 1234
tools
    Ok so here's my 50 cents :) I have l930, was on 8.1 Update 2, now 10 TP since yesterday.

The huge icons everyone talks about is the setting in "home screen". Just click show more tiles, and then you won't be able to make them huge anymore.
    Phone seems to kinda work pretty well, considering it's a PREVIEW. Outlook mail works fine, but it has combined both my outlook and gmail mail, and then you choose between the 2. Callendar is nice too. Store BETA works fine with me, but didn't try downloading. The main issue is basicly reduced OS speed (it should not happen to L930), and the "loading" bug. Also, apps don't close, but when you close them by holding down arrow key, you won't come back to home screen, but it will show a blank page. If i press the arrow again, sometimes only a restart will help. But when i press windows key, it shows home. Most of the 8.1 apps actually work, surprisingly, but some of the new ones don't. I can no longer open Excel files...No suitable app installed...
    Also, i can't change quick action on top (the menu that you expand down, and collapse). Setting are now very nice, and also there are a lot more of them now. Many new features. Bing search, under the search key, is very nice, and works fast. Now i can finally delete that google search app.

I like the way Microsoft is going with this. In the end it will be a very nice OS tho.
    PS: The touchscreen not respond issue i had before, seemed to be gone for a day, but now it's back. Missed my pin 3 times, and now i can't enter my PUK code. I might need to roll back and hope it's a software thing :/
    05-15-2015 01:26 PM
    I did a hard reset and it smoothed out.
    I still lost my contacts since the update except I have some really OLD contacts in there for some reason.
    They almost seem to be from when I had Windows Mobile 5.0 or something because some were old contacts I hadn't used since then.

I'm reinstalling a crap load of apps now.
    But just as it seemed to be working good I was using Cortana and now when I push the windows key to go home it is LOADING for seconds and then goes back to Cortana.

I think my apps are still installing in the background. After a few I think another soft reset will be in order.
    05-15-2015 01:28 PM
    I installed on my 930 just for shiggles really. Played around with it last night and today and have now reverted back to 8.1. The tiles are of a fuzzy low res, the transition animations take an age (as does unlocking), and half the settings are repeated on the app list. On the plus side the Xbox and new Music apps are pretty neat, but the Store Beta kept on crashing so took me an age to download them.

I restored using the Windows Recovery tool which seemed to work fine until I realized that it changed my handset from being locked to O2 (in the UK) to the CV. This wouldn't normally be an issue but only the o2 locked handsets have Visual Voicemail which I've become quite reliant upon. Thankfully I've still got Nokia Care suite on my PC so was able to use that to flash the o2 firmware to it, but a faff nevertheless.

I know that Windows 10 is a technical preview and still in development but I've been testing software for years and it feels more like a pre-alpha build than something that's supposedly less than 6 months from release.
    aximtreo likes this.
    05-15-2015 01:30 PM
    Did the start screen ever come up? Did you do something to make it come up?
    05-15-2015 01:58 PM
    Well after a soft reset I still have no home screen again.
    It just says LOADING and then goes back to the last app I used.
    05-15-2015 02:21 PM
    Is anybody ICON running hot since installing beta?
    Mine was when I was first installing the OS and apps, then it cooled off after that. I would say that it is still running a little warm though for me.
    05-15-2015 02:44 PM
    I'm slowly installing my apps again after the second hard reset.

I do notice that a few apps from Nokia will NOT connect. That being Nokia account and mix Radio. Which really sucks since I use mix radio a lot!

Also Verizon's Backup Assistant Plus is not working.
    That is why I have no contacts now. :-(
    05-15-2015 03:47 PM
    I'm slowly installing my apps again after the second hard reset.

I do notice that a few apps from Nokia will NOT connect. That being Nokia account and mix Radio. Which really sucks since I use mix radio a lot!

Also Verizon's Backup Assistant Plus is not working.
    That is why I have no contacts now. :-(
    I personally never use Verizon's Backup.
    But as long as you set them up in People, they will always be there, Including Windows 8/10 etc.
    No relying on some 3rd party app they may or may not ever work at any given time.
    05-15-2015 05:02 PM
    Is "Hey Cortana" working for anyone? I noticed that it was its own app, but when I select it it states that I have to turn Cortana on first which it is. Also using Cortana for navigation does not appear to be supported as of yet which is sort of a bummer.
    05-15-2015 05:28 PM
    So, I do have some issues, Pinch Zoom doesn't work in MyRadar.
    Moving icons around on screen is very choppy and at times icons at the very top will move to the bottom when moving things around
    I get a blank Start screen at time as well when try to go back to it, but locking and unlocking the phone fixes it

The backgrounds get squished to the right.

Not sure I like the new OneNote. It needs some tweaking big time.

I get Resuming for periods of time when moving back and forth, but I am sure this will be ironed out later.

So far so good. Can't wait till this thing gets more polish on it.

Really fast battery drain with BT on I think, and it gets hot with BT on.

Also notice the Mouse Cursor pop on screen at the very top left corner at times.
    think it is getting confused with Continuum.
    This MAY be the reason for some of the slow choppy resumes and blank screens
    Zippier likes this.
    05-15-2015 06:20 PM
    The new keyboard is a huge improvement from the last build! Weird bug iv'e come across is i can't pin the messenger/phone tile..it says it's already pinned as a tile but it isn't... anyone else come across this yet?
    05-15-2015 07:53 PM
    Pros:
    -New Customization for start screen
    -New format for settings
    -New keyboard
    -Word/Excel/OneNote/Outlook/Calendar.....office in general

Cons:
    -SLOW
    -takes forever to get back to start
    -customization of start screen keeps reverting to a 2 row mode instead of 3
    -some apps (for me 4castr, MyRadar, Simple Calendar just to name a few) don't work.
    -Cortana isn't as intuitive as she is in 8.1
    - for example she doesn't recognize all my "places" so Wi-Fi isn't turning back on when I want/need it too.

There's more but these are some big ones for me.
    05-15-2015 09:42 PM
    The tile resolution looks terrible on my phone . Does any one else have this issue
    05-15-2015 10:37 PM
    Is "Hey Cortana" working for anyone? I noticed that it was its own app, but when I select it it states that I have to turn Cortana on first which it is. Also using Cortana for navigation does not appear to be supported as of yet which is sort of a bummer.
    I noticed the same thing. I don't think the HEY CORTANA is implemented yet. So we just lost that feature.

As of tonight I am no longer able to pin any more apps to the start screen. So I've got a half filled screen. When I select PIN TO START I am taken to the start screen but the app don't show up.

MIX RADIO still wont sign in. Says can't connect. I'll really miss that app.

And now PHOTOS app crashes too. Hmm... But at least the start screen stopped doing the LOADING thing...
    05-16-2015 12:59 AM
    The tile resolution looks terrible on my phone . Does any one else have this issue
    Yes, but not for all apps. Phone is fine, messenger and most others are unpleasantly blurry.
    05-16-2015 01:44 AM
    My Band is still paired with my icon but it don't connect anymore since the update..
    05-16-2015 07:29 AM
    Have issues with a write-up saying "not for sale" when my phone turns on
    05-16-2015 07:46 AM
    People won't open
    05-16-2015 07:50 AM
    My phone storage won't open on my computer, any solutions????
    05-16-2015 07:57 AM
    Have issues with a write-up saying "not for sale" when my phone turns on
    It actually says: Not for resale. It's normal, means you can't sell it like that, with WP10 preview...

Funny how everyone's WP10 has different bugs. Even on the same phone heh...
    Also, i love the new keyboard design. They added a few language letter we use on a new letter, not joined in one like before. Nice.
    05-16-2015 08:39 AM
    I And now PHOTOS app crashes too. Hmm... But at least the start screen stopped doing the LOADING thing...
    My photo hub is crashing every time now too.
    05-16-2015 08:55 AM
    Lumia 930 here.

- Start Screen background doesn't scale correctly, it simply shrinks to the left side.
    - A lot of the tile art (even after hard reset) are incorrectly scaled and thus look blurry.
    - Performance in general is terrible (to be expected at this stage).
    - Actionable toast/notifications like messages cannot be tapped, the send icon simply doesn't work on 930/Icon.
    - Can't pin a separate mailbox to the start screen
    - Cannot pin Cortana to start screen
    - MSN News is incompatible.

Here's hoping we get these fixed in the next build.
    05-16-2015 12:40 PM
    Hello Everyone. I have recently ordered a used Icon to try out Windows phone 10. Before I start the process. Does anyone have any thoughts about the following:
    Is there a particular Windows phone 8.1 build that works best? Is there a Windows phone 8.1 build that should be avoided?
    Are there any apps that should be deleted beforehand to ease the installation process?
    Does it make sense to do a hard reset before making the transition?
    This is not my daily driver so I can be a bit adventuresome. Any "tricks" to try either before, during or after the installation? Until it seems to be working properly, I do not intend to install a SIM card.

Any comments would be welcomed.

Thank you in advance.
    05-16-2015 02:22 PM
    As of tonight I am no longer able to pin any more apps to the start screen. So I've got a half filled screen. When I select PIN TO START I am taken to the start screen but the app don't show up.
    I noticed the same thing when pinning apps. I think the fix was to go in and change the option to show more tiles and then go in and toggle it back. Seems toggling this setting seems fixes some of the start screen mess. I made the mistake right after the upgrade of removing all of the tiles so that I could start over, and then the app drawer became my start screen... that was fun!
    05-16-2015 02:29 PM
    My photo hub is crashing every time now too.
    Same, starting happening when I tried to upload a picture to Facebook using the app! Maybe the same for you guys?
    05-16-2015 02:57 PM
84 1234