WIndows 10 is now avaiable for the ICON, What issues do you have ?

Ben Fulks

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Took the plunge and DL'ed the preview. The UI looks clean, but the menu placements change a lot (should be fixed in the future). Biggest glitch i found is with folders on the start menu. I had a real issue getting the start screen to launch when i had apps grouped. if you do download the preview i would suggest getting rid of all folders before you do the install. Can say much about battery life yet as i haven't been away from my desk charge, but will try and keep everyone posted. The dark UI seems to have issues compared to the white UI and i can't change the "type" of lockscreen image in the settings as they crash. overall there isn't much to write home about and i would highly suggest waiting for now till they fix the start screen issue. Oh, and the back ground image doesn't scale on my icon...not sure what thats about but will try out different resolution pictures to see if its a global issue. (looks like 1920x1080 isn't the native screen size for this build.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I just did a hard-reset and after installing my apps again, it has already broken the start-screen again. So hard-resetting is not a permanent solution i'm afraid
Probably one of the apps has some compatibility issue and is breaking it. hard reset worked for me though I only have 3 apps on it. The phone is for work, If I want to do more then calls or text I'll use my iPad. Don't have the best eyes in the world.

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I also found that if you select a wallpaper that doesn't show across whole screen, the fix is to change to tiles and then back to the wallpaper to fix the issue.

A.

mikeofthegarden

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the constant "Loading" screen as well. I wish I could go to Settings and do a hard reset, but when I hit Settings in the Action Center, it just goes back to Loading...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm....Although I want to play, I NEED my phone to be available 24 hours a day. Crap, seems too buggy for me to try...When about 90% of the posts here are in a reboot loop or the tiles just don't work right and removing exchange data ? DAM ! Not even close to prime time yet, huh ?

I guess I cant touch it right now :(

CRAP, been waiting for this for a while too...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Definitely waiting for the final release. The Icon is my daily driver and I can't afford the risk. Keep us posted :)

I'm not sure about the final, because that would be a Verizon thing and if getting Cyan/Denim was any clue, we'll be the last to get it.

Maybe when it hits to be a little more bug free, I might. I just need my phone to work and I don't want to hard reset it now.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I've got the sister 930 and the download and installation seemingly went fine. Except that I have everything except the two things I most use: Outlook Calendar and Outlook Mail. I've got Contacts, and appointments show up on the screen, but the tile doesn't open either program. Calendar looks like it's opening, says loading and then returns to the tile screen. Also I've got a OneNote Tile (with gibberish as a title) but it doesn't open.

sweatshopking

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Can not get any lte data on my icon NO MATTER WHAT. claims LTE in the top, it's turned on in the sim menu, but doesn't work. I'm on Bell in Canada with it, and never had any issues with 8.1. doesn't work at all, and 2 hard resets later, completely clean starts with no backups and still no luck. manually entered my apn, tried using automatic settings, still no data. No idea why. Turned it off and on, still no luck.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Did this cycle through 8.1 Update 2 on the way to 10? And has anyone tried it out, any problems? I would actually prefer that version I think.

Ankit Gupta2

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Installed on my L930. it first updated to 8.1 update 2 which went fine. But then W10 started and now I am getting a blank start screen, no Loading message, no action center. Can receive calls, and volume rocker pop down comes up. but that's it am leaving it for an hour, will update if anything come up. :angry::crying::cry::cry::cry::crying:

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I can report that I didn't have any problems installing. Do far, issues are:
1. Getting to stay screen is slow, sits at "loading..." For a few seconds.
2. I had 3 start screen folders; one works fine but was mislabeled with the name of another, the other two have disappeared and the apps contained in them can't be pinned to start (as if they already are pinned but they can't be found).
3. It's a bit slow/laggy/not smooth
There are other sniggles but so far these are the most significant

On the plus side:
LOVE the new OneNote app
Like Xbox music beta
Like the start screen background/transparency look
Like the dark theme
Like the settings and notifications
All settings seem more intuitive

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads