WIndows 10 is now avaiable for the ICON, What issues do you have ?

benception

May 16, 2015
Visit site
The new keyboard is a huge improvement from the last build! Weird bug iv'e come across is i can't pin the messenger/phone tile..it says it's already pinned as a tile but it isn't... anyone else come across this yet?

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Pros:
-New Customization for start screen
-New format for settings
-New keyboard
-Word/Excel/OneNote/Outlook/Calendar.....office in general

Cons:
-SLOW
-takes forever to get back to start
-customization of start screen keeps reverting to a 2 row mode instead of 3
-some apps (for me 4castr, MyRadar, Simple Calendar just to name a few) don't work.
-Cortana isn't as intuitive as she is in 8.1
- for example she doesn't recognize all my "places" so Wi-Fi isn't turning back on when I want/need it too.

There's more but these are some big ones for me.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Is "Hey Cortana" working for anyone? I noticed that it was its own app, but when I select it it states that I have to turn Cortana on first which it is. Also using Cortana for navigation does not appear to be supported as of yet which is sort of a bummer.

I noticed the same thing. I don't think the HEY CORTANA is implemented yet. So we just lost that feature.

As of tonight I am no longer able to pin any more apps to the start screen. So I've got a half filled screen. When I select PIN TO START I am taken to the start screen but the app don't show up.

MIX RADIO still wont sign in. Says can't connect. I'll really miss that app.

And now PHOTOS app crashes too. Hmm... But at least the start screen stopped doing the LOADING thing...

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Have issues with a write-up saying "not for sale" when my phone turns on

It actually says: Not for resale. It's normal, means you can't sell it like that, with WP10 preview...

Funny how everyone's WP10 has different bugs. Even on the same phone heh...
Also, i love the new keyboard design. They added a few language letter we use on a new letter, not joined in one like before. Nice.

Ushae

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 930 here.

- Start Screen background doesn't scale correctly, it simply shrinks to the left side.
- A lot of the tile art (even after hard reset) are incorrectly scaled and thus look blurry.
- Performance in general is terrible (to be expected at this stage).
- Actionable toast/notifications like messages cannot be tapped, the send icon simply doesn't work on 930/Icon.
- Can't pin a separate mailbox to the start screen
- Cannot pin Cortana to start screen
- MSN News is incompatible.

Here's hoping we get these fixed in the next build.

JBG1952

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everyone. I have recently ordered a used Icon to try out Windows phone 10. Before I start the process. Does anyone have any thoughts about the following:
Is there a particular Windows phone 8.1 build that works best? Is there a Windows phone 8.1 build that should be avoided?
Are there any apps that should be deleted beforehand to ease the installation process?
Does it make sense to do a hard reset before making the transition?
This is not my daily driver so I can be a bit adventuresome. Any "tricks" to try either before, during or after the installation? Until it seems to be working properly, I do not intend to install a SIM card.

Any comments would be welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
As of tonight I am no longer able to pin any more apps to the start screen. So I've got a half filled screen. When I select PIN TO START I am taken to the start screen but the app don't show up.

I noticed the same thing when pinning apps. I think the fix was to go in and change the option to show more tiles and then go in and toggle it back. Seems toggling this setting seems fixes some of the start screen mess. I made the mistake right after the upgrade of removing all of the tiles so that I could start over, and then the app drawer became my start screen... that was fun!

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the same thing when pinning apps. I think the fix was to go in and change the option to show more tiles and then go in and toggle it back. Seems toggling this setting seems fixes some of the start screen mess. I made the mistake right after the upgrade of removing all of the tiles so that I could start over, and then the app drawer became my start screen... that was fun!

Oh wow that would be fun.
I think I tried the show more tiles toggle, except I was already on SHOW MORE TILES.

I finally had to use the recovery tool and reinstall 8.1

I did send feedback to Microsoft for several things and I will install the next build to try again when it comes.

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
When I upgraded from 8.1 to 10, it was not usable; too many hard resets.I factory reset it (in about settings) started from scratch and its much more tolerable; no resets needed for simple wall paper or loading when changing settings. There are still bugs. Blutooth keyboard work. Miracast works however doesn't landscape as 8.1 did. Battery is much better. Its usable now

red1wj

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problems as described already by numerous posters and finally re-installed 8.1. I can't tell for sure but the phone seems to run faster and smoother after the reset than before. Which is pretty incredible since it was flying before the 10 install. One hell of a phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa