06-25-2015 06:47 PM
84 123 ...
tools
    Just today, the Windows 10 for phones preview was updated and the ICON is on the list to get it.

If you don't have it and are in the Preview Program, just check for updates, it showed it for me on my ICON.

SO, after you install it, what do you think and what issues are you seeing with it ?
    05-14-2015 02:32 PM
    My phone is stuck in a reboot loop and cant get out, i may have to hard reset. Advice for all, dont install it just yet.
    DavidinCT and Wilson Tran like this.
    05-14-2015 02:36 PM
    On my 1520 it installed just fine, but it's the worst build so far for me. Store beta doesn't work so no Office, Xbox or Music/Video Preview apps. After pressing the home button it takes ages to load the Start screen, and the new background features are bugged
    05-14-2015 02:41 PM
    Oh, not sounding good so far, Anyone else have something possibly good to report ?

Like to play if it's semi stable, if I have to reboot my phone once or so a day, not a big deal to play with the new software but, I really don't want to rebuild right now and lose app settings, AGAIN.
    05-14-2015 02:45 PM
    Installing it now, I'll update in a few.
    05-14-2015 02:47 PM
    I have been at the first "tick" of the gears screen for what seems like quite a while now (10-15)...gonna wait it out and see what happens...and honestly as I was typing this it bumped to 50% will report back when its done.
    wpn00b likes this.
    05-14-2015 02:48 PM
    Lumia Icon stuck in a reboot loop for me as well.
    05-14-2015 02:50 PM
    Same here, reboot loop.
    05-14-2015 02:53 PM
    I have not seen my Start screen yet .... for the past 30 minutes a white screen just shows "Loading..."
    I can pull down and access settings, but no access to programs.
    05-14-2015 02:57 PM
    Some of the times during my reboot loop, there is a mouse icon on my screen and also the windows logo pops up , then it continues to loop.
    05-14-2015 03:00 PM
    Uh, I probably should have read this thread before starting the install on my Icon which is also my daily driver and my only form of communication with my girlfriend who I am about to leave to commute across town to...
    05-14-2015 03:15 PM
    Whoa! The icons are way too big! So far everything is working pretty well, but man, that start screen. It looks like it's in very low resolution... Not sure how long I'll keep this if I can't change those tile size options to something more reasonable.
    05-14-2015 03:31 PM
    I have not seen my Start screen yet .... for the past 30 minutes a white screen just shows "Loading..."
    This is me. The start screen just doesn't work. I can hold down the search button and Cortana comes up. The phone goes to sleep, and incoming calls works. Also, my Exchange email lost its name and is using a bunch of letters and numbers.
    05-14-2015 03:57 PM
    It was mentioned on the front page post that if you get to this point on the icon, access settings from the pull down and do a hard reset and everything should be working after that.
    05-14-2015 04:19 PM
    It was mentioned on the front page post that if you get to this point on the icon, access settings from the pull down and do a hard reset and everything should be working after that.
    I will look again...

EDIT: Yea I can't find this.
    05-14-2015 04:22 PM
    So I am experiencing the same freaking HUGE icons as everyone else, noticed that a few apps are not installing from the Beta Store such as: IE, Windows Insider, a dark grey unlabeled one, One Drive, and Translator. I had a cool Tile Art background and layout before so I am going to see if it works and play with the tile layout a bit. Overall a little on the slow side but not too painfully slow so far...Also I didn't have to enable cellular data as was reported by a few.

And the testing rolls on...just the fact that the Icon is included in this round is a relief!

A.
    05-14-2015 04:30 PM
    hard reset instructions can be found here.

Nokia Lumia Icon hard reset

Not able to cut and paste from the website for some reason.
    05-14-2015 04:46 PM
    attempting the hard reset myself right now. Once windows 10 finished installing and the lock screen came up the digitizer was unresponsive. possibly the driver did not install correctly. Weirdly just as I was starting to attempt the hard reset I received a notification stating "Welcome to Lumia Cyan"
    Owen Dugmore likes this.
    05-14-2015 05:10 PM
    I got a fun new bug...I removed all of the start screen tiles in order to re-add the ones that I wanted with tile art and now no start screen! My start screen is the app list. Trying a few things before a reset.

A.
    05-14-2015 05:16 PM
    I just did a hard-reset and after installing my apps again, it has already broken the start-screen again. So hard-resetting is not a permanent solution i'm afraid
    05-14-2015 05:17 PM
    Took the plunge and DL'ed the preview. The UI looks clean, but the menu placements change a lot (should be fixed in the future). Biggest glitch i found is with folders on the start menu. I had a real issue getting the start screen to launch when i had apps grouped. if you do download the preview i would suggest getting rid of all folders before you do the install. Can say much about battery life yet as i haven't been away from my desk charge, but will try and keep everyone posted. The dark UI seems to have issues compared to the white UI and i can't change the "type" of lockscreen image in the settings as they crash. overall there isn't much to write home about and i would highly suggest waiting for now till they fix the start screen issue. Oh, and the back ground image doesn't scale on my icon...not sure what thats about but will try out different resolution pictures to see if its a global issue. (looks like 1920x1080 isn't the native screen size for this build.
    05-14-2015 05:23 PM
    I just did a hard-reset and after installing my apps again, it has already broken the start-screen again. So hard-resetting is not a permanent solution i'm afraid
    Probably one of the apps has some compatibility issue and is breaking it. hard reset worked for me though I only have 3 apps on it. The phone is for work, If I want to do more then calls or text I'll use my iPad. Don't have the best eyes in the world.
    aximtreo likes this.
    05-14-2015 05:28 PM
    I found the solution for the huge tiles. Go to Settings - Personalization - Start. Slide, "Show more tiles" to On.
    antonius138 and David Feifer like this.
    05-14-2015 05:32 PM
    I of course found that as well just right after kicking off the reset...now waiting for the apps to finish installing.
    05-14-2015 05:51 PM
    I also found that if you select a wallpaper that doesn't show across whole screen, the fix is to change to tiles and then back to the wallpaper to fix the issue.

A.
    05-14-2015 06:37 PM
84 123 ...