07-17-2016 03:13 PM
44 12
tools
    So I had exactly same problem. Sometimes installation progres went to 5% sometimes to 45% and then checked for Anti-Theft and failed. After 3hours or restarting and repeating process I was done. I was desperate, so I contacted Microsoft Chat Support, but they said they do not give support for Windows Phone soft, BUT when I was writing with them the installation got through to 100% and finaly finished. Luck? Dunno.
    06-16-2015 04:45 PM
    Well, I'm there. With my Lumia 920. Got sick and tired of the brand new (10136) build's wonky wifi and Bluetooth and quick actions going all dead on me so I decided to rollback. Thinking "what are the odds I'll kill my phone AGAIN with it?"

It's dead. Well, not quite, but almost. WPRT is stuck in the endless loop of tryting to install software, then failing at Checking Anti Theft Protection then killing my phone completely, then downloading emergency flash (3,x MB) and repeating the process all over again. I'm on the 10th cycle so far. I wonder for how long I'm gonna keep doing this. :/

EDIT: It's dead for good. Emergency flashing now fails every time, no more red screen with Nokia logo. It now simply says "The connected device cannot be recovered". That's that, then, bye bye my Lumia.
    Last edited by Kristijan87; 06-17-2015 at 04:23 PM.
    06-17-2015 04:06 PM
    Same with me. I used the Lumia Software Recovery Tool v.5.0.8 to rollback my 930. Windows Phone Recovery Tool won't work.
    06-19-2015 12:13 PM
    I am having the same issue. Build 10080 is unusable for me. I can't roll back with either tools either. Ive posts on the MS Insider community site with not much help.

The last thing I am going to do is try it from another laptop. If that doesn't work I will box up my 920 and go back to Android. It's that bad.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    06-20-2015 12:21 AM
    i have the verizon icon and am unable to rollback to 8.1 as well not sure on the build i have but very irritated that i cant go back any ideas
    06-24-2015 02:18 AM
    i have the verizon icon and am unable to rollback to 8.1 as well not sure on the build i have but very irritated that i cant go back any ideas
    Did you already try both tools the WPRT and the LSRT, uninstalled them and try again, use different USB cables, use different USB ports, disable the "Reset protection" in Settings > UPDATE & SECURITY > Find my phone, did a hard reset, use another PC.

And keep trying, I ones needed 5 USB cables and 2 USB ports before it worked,
    sickness2001 likes this.
    06-24-2015 02:33 AM
    ive gone through 18 diffrent cables and 5 usb ports and found one that works but now that ive done that it sits on the reading phone info please wait with the dots going around in a circle any idea on how long this part takes or if i need to change cables and ports again ive been sitting here for almost 45 minutes now on this one screen
    06-24-2015 03:19 AM
    Doing a factory reset and then using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool BEFORE going through the initial setup wizard did the trick for me.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    06-26-2015 04:25 AM
    I know I'm late to the party but had to share this in case it saves someone from an entire day of troubleshooting this problem like I just went through. I literally just switched USB cables and the WPRT worked. I've been fighting with my Lumia 521 stuck in a loop for 12 or more hours. The loop looked like this, for those looking for someone in the same boat: Phone starts up, shows small NOKIA logo, then carrier logo, then goes to the gears and starts the factory reset process, but the progress indicator only gets about 1/10 of the way across, then quickly jumps to about 95%, then gives the frowny sad face then reboots and starts again. I have seen this sequence so many times. I tried all sorts of things, crazy things, to fix this. Then I switched USB cables based on comments above, and voila, it's installing as we speak, with the red screen and the big NOKIA logo. Before the closest I got to what people were talking about with this red screen was just a big NOKIA logo on a black background. Thank you guys for bringing up the USB cable. Curse whoever made this cheap cable that just cost me a day.
    07-10-2015 12:01 AM
    Worked for me as well!
    07-10-2015 10:59 PM
    Hey guys, having this issue, tried all the USB cables I have that fit the phone, none of them are doing jack for me... pun not intended. I did a hard reset and didn't instal from a back up and when I click update I get prompted to update to windows 8.1... has anyone tried this? Do they know if it will work or just brick my phone?
    07-12-2015 05:28 AM
    Hi, I was batteling this problem for about a month, windows recovery tool has been useless, and Lumia recovery was quite difficult to find for download. When I found some old version of Lumia recov. tool on third party web page, install it and update it to newest ver. it finally worked. And all it turned out to be, was a problem with USB drivers on my computer. It just reinstalled usb drv. (add some lumia its own + emergency usb driver ????) I'm back to win. phone 8.1 and happy again
    07-12-2015 07:16 AM
    Thank You garbagedrew! After several days of unsuccessful attempts to "recover" WP8.1 on my device, trying different USB cables and ports, this worked for me: Entered PIN to unlock , turned Airplane Mode ON and tried again. That time WPRT worked perfectly!
    I'm kind of curious to know if having a PIN lock set had anything to do with it, although I did try Resetting WP10 to get rid of it once without any luck.
    FYI AT&T LUMIA 920 with Windows tech preview.
    08-03-2015 02:12 PM
    Nokia Software Updater for Retail 4.3.2 was the solution for me after having failed attempts at rolling back to 8.1 on my lumia 830 using Windows phone recovery tool and Nokia software recovery tool.
    09-21-2015 02:41 AM
    Thank You garbagedrew! After several days of unsuccessful attempts to "recover" WP8.1 on my device, trying different USB cables and ports, this worked for me: Entered PIN to unlock , turned Airplane Mode ON and tried again. That time WPRT worked perfectly!

I'm kind of curious to know if having a PIN lock set had anything to do with it, although I did try Resetting WP10 to get rid of it once without any luck.

FYI AT&T LUMIA 920 with Windows tech preview.

Mine kept failing until I removed the pin lock, three pin definitely has something to do with our failing.
    09-21-2015 03:02 AM
    Nokia Software Updater for Retail 4.3.2 was the solution for me after having failed attempts at rolling back to 8.1 on my lumia 830 using Windows phone recovery tool and Nokia software recovery tool.
    Awesome! This finally solved my conundrum! Thanks a bunch!
    10-12-2015 10:08 AM
    I had the same issue. I was originally plugged into a USB 3.0 port, though I'm not sure if that would actually cause an issue for the software. Upon switching to a second USB 3.0, the operation ended with failure again. However, switching to a 2.0 port allowed me to complete the operation successfully. Maybe the software isn't compatible with USB 3.0?

EDIT: Side note, I did try the Nokia Recovery Tool, but it told me my phone wasn't compatible with the software, and the Software Updater wouldn't update to the most recent version, which I couldn't find an legit download for either.
    01-30-2016 11:58 AM
    I had the same issue. I was originally plugged into a USB 3.0 port, though I'm not sure if that would actually cause an issue for the software. Upon switching to a second USB 3.0, the operation ended with failure again. However, switching to a 2.0 port allowed me to complete the operation successfully. Maybe the software isn't compatible with USB 3.0?

EDIT: Side note, I did try the Nokia Recovery Tool, but it told me my phone wasn't compatible with the software, and the Software Updater wouldn't update to the most recent version, which I couldn't find an legit download for either.
    The new Insider app permit you to exit to Production, letting you back to official original build without pc or notebook
    01-30-2016 12:10 PM
    Hola amigos soy de Per tengo el microsoft 435 de movistar y estuve instalando diferentes rooms hasta que instale la rom de t mobile que viene con la update 2 del 8.1, quize regresar a la rom anterior y no pude, actualiz a windows 10 intent de nuevo, siempre es lo mismo se reinicia y en el recovery sale el mensaje comprobando seguridad antirrobo se reinicia y no pasa nada (en la pgina de microsoft y en encuentra el telfono la desactiv y me dieron una contrasea), he intentado solucionarlo con el recovery tool, con nokia care suite, cmd thor y nada. no s que ms podra hacer espero que haya alguna solucin, gracias de ante manosin-t-tulo.jpg
    Last edited by enriquejhonnyz; 07-17-2016 at 03:25 PM.
    07-17-2016 03:13 PM
44 12