Win10M.Build 10080 - My Discoveries

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Settings and App List
After I had the problem with the Start screen and my hard reset the Settings specific for the phones like audio, extras and info etc which where previously under the last settings menu all have been added to the normal App List. Is this a feature of that build or is the system a bit confused about all this things.

Data Sense
Adding 3000MB as a limit does not work - you have to select 3GB. Saving the limit with reset day 31 always substracts 1 from the reset day until counted down to 0. I think this happens every time I save the limit though.

Restore
Restore process still mentions 8.1 and Nokia everywhere. Recovery of passwords for office 365 and a Groupwise exchange server not working

Wifi Sense
Wifi Sense by default accepts Facebook friends to link to Wifi Sense

AdvertisingID
Advertising ID is enabled by default again

Fonts
Sometimes the fonds are really strange. Cortana tile for example says SEARCH but with default letters with dots on top and Grave accent for example.

- well . those are just my discoveries looking at it occasionally while work :O

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Settings and App List
After I had the problem with the Start screen and my hard reset the Settings specific for the phones like audio, extras and info etc which where previously under the last settings menu all have been added to the normal App List. Is this a feature of that build or is the system a bit confused about all this things.
Hi mine are in Settings > Extras

Fonts
Sometimes the fonds are really strange. Cortana tile for example says SEARCH but with default letters with dots on top and Grave accent for example.
Mine does this also, weird...

vlacocabios

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
My installation was problem free, and most everything seems to be working... after 2 hard resets... However, i have a major issue with onenote preview. App installs and syncs everything fine, displays all my notebooks, and looks beautiful- problem is i cant seem to be able to write anything... I try to work on my notes or create new ones, no matter how hard or often i tap at the screen , no keyboard... I only got it a couple of times when i created a new note, but most times when i tap inside the notes to write something nothing happens... It's not an office related bug, since word appears to be working perfectly. Anyone else???

Coan

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
On the fonts front: My stuck at loading phone had this problem yesterday and it eventually resolved itself. It almost seems like the update loads "just enough" to get you back up and running and continues to install/update as it's left on.

vlacocabios

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Coan, I have a Lumia 925... as far as the hard resets go, I did the first one as a matter of course- I always do that after a new build- and the second for something minor- cant remember what- but by no means not for a show-stopper glitch!!!! My major problem now is with onenote, which is the app of choice for me for all my note-taking and organizing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos