How do I leave Windows Insider?

anon(6098928)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I am going to rollback the firmware on my Lumia 930 from Window 10 to 8.1 Denim. I intend to acheive this via the Windows Phone Recovery application.
In doing so, will I also be removed from the Windies Insider program?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Wondering the same. In the old Preview for Developers app there was a checkbox where you could easily opt in/out. In Windows Insider, I see no such setting??

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I am going to rollback the firmware on my Lumia 930 from Window 10 to 8.1 Denim. I intend to acheive this via the Windows Phone Recovery application.

You will still be in the insider program (with you m's account) but as long as you don't re-install the app and then proceed to use it, you will not get the TP update. Hope this helps.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

Yes, and if you want to, you can re-enroll to get GDR2, then when it updates, uninstall the Windows Insider app before your phone has a chance to look for any more updates.

Just reinstall the Windows Insider app when you're ready to get back into the program.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre