Stuck on 9941

Stephen Burysek

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
How would I go about updating my OS if i were stuck on this build? I've tried Windows update several times and it always downloads but fails to install. Is there a way to force an install or roll back and then update to the newest build easily? Lumia 635 phone, btw.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like what we happening to me and a lot of people on day one (our day one, anyway - it took a while before some phone models were admitted). First time I got stuck between two stages of updating in just the way you describe; it downloaded but wouldn't install. I did a full hard reset from the menu to wipe the phone and start fresh, said "no" to the offer of using one of my previous backups, and everything went smoothly after that.

Obviously, it's a last resort, but it's not too much trouble to reinstall your apps again and sort out your settings. If nothing else works, do that.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
All I can say is it worked for me and a lot of other people when we were stuck with the same problem. It seemed like some vestigial part of 8.1 was holding it up, but we don't know what the issue was to this day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos