10-01-2017 06:01 PM
29 12
tools
    I've been wanting to roll back my 1020 to WP8.1.
    The recovery tool recognizes my phone, but is stuck at 'READING PHONE INFORMATION' screen.
    I've tried re-connecting the phone several times, did not help.

1. Anyone facing the same issue?
    2. If you fixed the problem, what was the process?
    Sakdichote Totiam likes this.
    05-16-2015 11:21 PM
    I ran into this on my Icon. I switched the micro usb cable to the one that came with my icon and connected it to a usb port on the back of my PC. (I had run into the issue with the micro usb cable into a usb hub i have.) That seemed to do the trick.
    I haven't faced this problem but anyway try to remove the drivers manually from device manager and then reconnect your phone to see whether the windows phone recovery tool recognizes or not.
    05-16-2015 11:32 PM
    The recovery tool recognizes my phone, but is stuck at 'READING PHONE INFORMATION' screen.

I have experienced same issue in my L1520

Use Nokia software updater for retail.
    05-17-2015 12:08 AM
    I have the same problem. Did the Nokia tool work?
    05-18-2015 06:56 AM
    I ran into this on my Icon. I switched the micro usb cable to the one that came with my icon and connected it to a usb port on the back of my PC. (I had run into the issue with the micro usb cable into a usb hub i have.) That seemed to do the trick.
    05-18-2015 08:42 AM
    I have the same problem. Did the Nokia tool work?
    Yup, it worked
    05-18-2015 03:27 PM
    May I suggest you??
    Could you plz start the recovery tool first, and then connect the phone after the picture of pc and phone showed... dont connect the phone first and then start recovery tool. It worked for me...
    10-01-2015 08:25 PM
    first of all open up windows recovery tool
    .then dissconnect your device if its connected after that you can see option "my phone was not detected" click on it and the just keep on follow the instructions it will definitely work
    10-15-2015 09:45 AM
    When phone is restarted by program press and hold Volume Down after short vibration.
    10-15-2015 10:31 AM
    I had same problem with Nokia 830. Using the Nokia original cable (instead of third-party cable) solved my problem.
    Sakdichote Totiam likes this.
    10-20-2015 10:11 PM
    Same issue with a 635 and my Asus PC. Fixed it by using my Surface 3 Pro instead. Worked right away.
    10-21-2015 08:21 AM
    Same issue with a 635 and my Asus PC. Fixed it by using my Surface 3 Pro instead. Worked right away.
    after reading your post I switched to my Surface Pro 2.. bingo, worked like a charm!

Thanks!
    10-21-2015 04:38 PM
    Nothing here worked for me (I don't have a surface); however everything worked after I installed the Nokia recovery tool - which wouldn't work for my phone of course, it's just something it installs that fixes things, it seems. Running the Windows recovery tool afterwards worked just fine.
    11-20-2015 10:15 PM
    I had that problem. I fixed it by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows Device Recovery Tool. Before that I had other connection issues and had to try 3 different USB cables before I found one that would connect my phone properly to the PC.
    11-21-2015 02:15 AM

Have you installed the drivers for the phone before using it with the tool?
    (Plugged in the phone via USB without the tool running and waited for all the drivers to install first)
    11-21-2015 02:46 AM
    This worked for me
    02-02-2016 01:32 AM
    none of this solutions works for my lumia 640
    what should i do now ?!
    03-26-2016 07:04 AM
    Same for my Lumia 640. I'm using original USB cable, but also stuck on Reading Phone Information.
    04-18-2016 09:18 AM
    Hi,
    I've posted a fix here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphon...recovery_tool/
    I hope it works for you
    abilashkanna likes this.
    04-19-2016 03:05 PM
    Steps to solve problem on lumia 640:
    1. Exit WDRT
    2. Leave phone connected to computer
    3. Go to Device Manager/Portable devices/Windows Phone and uninstal driver
    4. Disconect phone
    5 Start WDRT and connect phone
    "u have to use USB 2.0 port"
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    05-07-2016 03:14 AM
    There is another possibility:
    WDRT identifies phone model using Product Code. If this code is corrupted, then WDRT will fail and report error.

In this case, you have to manually find the Code (printed on SIM slot), download corresponding firmware, and flash it to your phone using a third party software.
    Actually WDRT should provide an alternative way to identify phone model, because Product Code can be inquired on Microsoft warranty database using your IMEI. (*No public inquiry webpage, but there is some kind of API.)
    05-15-2016 12:45 AM
    05-15-2016 01:24 AM
    This worked for me:
    if you are booting into the OS your phone will not downgrade. once device recovery is searching, reboot your phone. it will pick it up in UEFI mode and start the download. You will have to reboot it one more time after the download to install the new "old" image.
    remember to back everything up first, it will factory reset your phone.
    Thanks a lot AaronZollinger! It worked :)
    I'll just describe my steps more detailed in case someone don't understand yours:
    1. Unplug the phone from the PC
    2. Click on "My device was not detected"
    3. Select your model and you will enter the "Searching Screen"
    4. Reboot your phone (pressing volume down + home button for some seconds until it vibrates) and immediately plug it back in the PC
    1. If you take too long to plug it in the PC you will have to reboot it again (the Recovery Tool will show a message to you)
    5. The tool will recognize your model, but not the OS or Firmware
    6. Click in "Download Software" and wait the process to complete.
    7. When finished, click next and check your Battery as the screen says
    8. The next screen will try to install the software BUT IT WILL FAIL, don't worry it is normal. Wait (3-4 minutes) until it fails and click Finish.
    1. Repeat steps 1-5.
    2. Now you will see that the screen will not show "Download" but "Install", click it.
    1. You will see the installation progress both in the Tool and in your Phone. Wait until it finishes (2-3 minutes).
    1. Done :)
    06-04-2016 08:39 AM
    This worked for me:
    if you are booting into the OS your phone will not downgrade. once device recovery is searching, reboot your phone. it will pick it up in UEFI mode and start the download. You will have to reboot it one more time after the download to install the new "old" image.
    remember to back everything up first, it will factory reset your phone.
    Thanks a lot AaronZollinger! It worked :)
    I'll just describe my steps more detailed in case someone don't understand yours:
    1. Unplug the phone from the PC
    2. Click on "My device was not detected"
    3. Select your model and you will enter the "Searching Screen"
    4. Reboot your phone (pressing volume down + home button for some seconds until it vibrates) and immediately plug it back in the PC
    1. If you take too long to plug it in the PC you will have to reboot it again (the Recovery Tool will show a message to you)
    5. The tool will recognize your model, but not the OS or Firmware
    6. Click in "Download Software" and wait the process to complete.
    7. When finished, click next and check your Battery as the screen says
    8. The next screen will try to install the software BUT IT WILL FAIL, don't worry it is normal. Wait (3-4 minutes) until it fails and click Finish.
    1. Repeat steps 1-5.
    2. Now you will see that the screen will not show "Download" but "Install", click it.
    1. You will see the installation progress both in the Tool and in your Phone. Wait until it finishes (2-3 minutes).
    1. Done :)
    We need a medal here!This works thank you!
    06-17-2016 09:09 AM
    Hi,
    I've posted a fix here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphon...recovery_tool/
    I hope it works for you
    This method fixed the issue for my Lumia 820 Insider Preview.
    07-03-2016 09:56 AM
29 12