How can I ignore the preview build after automatic download?

Frithjof Schulte

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Ignore preview build after automatic download

Hi together,

I need your help with the current preview build on my Lumia 930.
I had joined for some weeks the Insider program because of the chance to get the WP 8.1 GDR2 update for my L930 but without success. After that I uninstalled the insider app to get no Windows 10 builds for my primary device in future. What I not know that this is not enough, so have my L930 now downloaded the 10080 preview build automatically and remember me several times a day to install it.

My question is know, is there any way how I can ignore the preview build update completly and not only for some hours over the "Not now" button in the installation popup?
In the meanwhile I have leave the insider program via website, so that I really get no preview builds more in the future.

Thanks and best regards
Frithjof

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ignore preview build after automatic download

Welcome to Windows Central Frithjof,

If you already downloaded it it also gives a date when it will be automatically installed.
And only a hard reset can prevent that.
After the hard reset you also do not get preview builds anymore as long as you not use the insider app again. But in your case even installing and open the insider app should not do anything because you left the insider program.
But rest assured you are not the only one who was surprised with the w10 download.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ignore preview build after automatic download

Yes, I started a thread on the same topic. I also didn't want it, and had the Preview program only (I thought!) for the same reason as you, but there is no way to undo this without a Hard Reset unfortunately. I ended up trying W10 since I have to wipe the phone anyway.
I'm sure there will be some more annoyed people especially tomorrow, since the update was scheduled to happen automatically for me at least 5/18 at 3 am (depends on settings, but I think that's the default).
d
By the way, how do you leave the Insider program via website? I'd like to do that as well, so if you could tell that would be helpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes