Went back to WP 8.1, here's what I miss from W10M...

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So I couldn't take the bugs any longer on my Lumia Icon, and went back to WP 8.1.1

I must admit though, that even though the bugs are numerous and the UI is all over the place, I quickly got used to and now miss a couple of things...

The Settings menu - so much better in W10M, and the search there is great! Really miss it.
The expanded action center - was great not just having 4 buttons!
The new tile sizes - liked the new transparency setting, that the space between the tiles was smaller and the 4 column layout, and that finally I could have a large tile again that stretched from side to side, it looks soo much better than the 8.1 tiles.
The keyboard with voice!! Really liked the new keyboard and that voice commands were available almost everywhere. Got used to it very quickly and miss it now...

That's about it, I think... all these things could be implemented in "WP 8.2" though... but at least some good things will come with W10M for users too, and not just for developers.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Was temped to try it on my ICON but, after the list of bugs, I gave up on trying it, even though I get that message every day (update available), I skip it..

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the keyboard and the expanded action center. The rest is badly designed trash though, even the wannabe Android setting screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99