05-24-2015 12:32 AM
180 12345 ...
tools
    So your admitted lack of use of a feature, for whatever reason, makes you an expert on it? So you chime in to contribute in what way?
    The best features would be ones that everyone wants to use. Something that people immediately think about when they talk about the OS. I almost never even remember the Me Tile exists. Most people I know don't know or care about it. It's not important in the grand scheme of things.
    05-21-2015 07:27 AM
    No. It's in the upper left hand corner of the screen which is hard to impossible to touch one handed.
    My hand is small and I can reach the hamburger menu. In what situation do you think you cannot reach it with one hand? You should observe those iOS/Android users how they reach, quickly and comfortably every corner of the screen with just one hand.

I don't think your thumb can only reach the lower part of the phone, unless you just do not want to move your fingers.

Again, it has proved to be working in iOS/Android. So there is no room for debate here.

The current implantation of the hamburger menu in W10 doesn't even have that. It's a total design fail.
    So you mean iOS/Android is a total design fail? Yet many people are using iOS/Android. Why? Just for the apps? So all people are sacrificing good UI for rich of apps?

Hamburger menus, circle profile pictures, wireframe icons, rounded iOS toggles, etc. These aren't the things that WP needs to succeed. These are the rejects of user design.
    These are kind of personal tastes. For me, using squares/rectangles in all user interface is very odd. I think rounded toggles look nice. Why aren't iOS users complaining rounded toggles??? I don't agree Apple users have bad taste.

Live tiles being squares do not mean that such design apply well in every situation. Is there any design theory stating that squares and circles cannot exist together? I think Microsoft has made a wise and flexible decision here.

You should better ask some non-WP users whether they like the look & feel of Win10 or Win8.1. Most will say Win10 :)
    Harrie-S and Raj Poladia like this.
    05-21-2015 07:43 AM
    Yes it is ugly now, because it is very inconsistant... But then again, they are not focusing on polishing the UI yet. Right now they are clearly testing features, but still new bits of the UI/UX shines through, and some of the parts look great. I think when it gets consistant across the whole OS, it will be very pretty.

But you can't tell from the state of things in Preview...
    Saying it will be ugly from the state of things now, is like saying the W10P will be really unstable and buggy because that's what the Preview is like now...
    05-21-2015 08:30 AM
    One thing that all my freinds ( all of us are windows enthusiast) have agreed to, that except start screen , every single thing related to win 10 is ugly.. And we all are heading to an ugly future... And killing the me tile completely, was probably most rude thing done to the OS... Hope you agree with me and buddies..
    I agree with you on the ugly factor of W10m. Can't say on the Me tile since I have never seen a use for it. I know what I look like, so I don't really need a picture of me on my Start screen.

Maybe the ugliness will be fixed in 10.1 LOL! As we all know, the techworld slogan is "Wait for the Next Version"
    Dyplexor likes this.
    05-21-2015 10:43 AM
    My hand is small and I can reach the hamburger menu. In what situation do you think you cannot reach it with one hand? You should observe those iOS/Android users how they reach, quickly and comfortably every corner of the screen with just one hand.

I don't think your thumb can only reach the lower part of the phone, unless you just do not want to move your fingers.

Again, it has proved to be working in iOS/Android. So there is no room for debate here.

So you mean iOS/Android is a total design fail? Yet many people are using iOS/Android. Why? Just for the apps? So all people are sacrificing good UI for rich of apps?

These are kind of personal tastes. For me, using squares/rectangles in all user interface is very odd. I think rounded toggles look nice. Why aren't iOS users complaining rounded toggles??? I don't agree Apple users have bad taste.

Live tiles being squares do not mean that such design apply well in every situation. Is there any design theory stating that squares and circles cannot exist together? I think Microsoft has made a wise and flexible decision here.

You should better ask some non-WP users whether they like the look & feel of Win10 or Win8.1. Most will say Win10 :)
    I agree with you most of my friend use iOS and android..... And they said they liked w10 and even they are hoping developers will make apps for w10 when there would be enough apps then they would like to w10 atleast those who use android will switch I guess
    05-21-2015 10:50 AM
    I agree with you on the ugly factor of W10m. Can't say on the Me tile since I have never seen a use for it. I know what I look like, so I don't really need a picture of me on my Start screen.

Maybe the ugliness will be fixed in 10.1 LOL! As we all know, the techworld slogan is "Wait for the Next Version"
    LOL....good one....
    05-21-2015 11:34 AM
    Then it's simple, that uservoice was against the company's strategy,
    Or do you think if someone started a uservoice with the request to give up the sandboxing and got 1000.000+ votes Microsoft would do it?
    Bad analogy, you're comparing two vastly different functions
    05-21-2015 11:55 AM
    Bad analogy, you're comparing two vastly different functions
    Why? They are different functions but they are part of one strategy.

And what if I changed the "giving up the sand boxing" in getting an app locker app (which is basically the same)
    05-21-2015 12:05 PM
    i like the look very much
    Jazmac likes this.
    05-21-2015 01:32 PM
    i like the look very much
    You can't please the skinny jeans crowd. Fact.
    05-21-2015 02:05 PM
    I have not upgraded to w10 tp but isn't it a good idea like swiping from left to right opens the hamburger menus like android and swiping up and down in the blank space in hamburger menu selects the options?
    05-21-2015 02:20 PM
    guize, it really doesn't matter. This OS isn't going to get any more market share, nobody is going to use it, and it'll die in the next year or two. Stop whining about win 10, and just buy an android device and be happy. You do realize you can make android look like WP8, and have all the apps, right?!
    05-21-2015 02:47 PM
    I think very interesting the new interface... in every sense
    05-21-2015 03:04 PM
    05-21-2015 03:17 PM
    have you heard of the saying of, "beauty is in the eyes of beholder"? I can tell you millions of people do NOT find what you said about win10 or even 8.1 ugly. There many things in life, SOME people find ugly, and some people find the same thing beautiful. In my experience in life, there are those who get use to something, and really don't like change of anything in life, when you give them something new and different, that they are not use to, they suddenly find something to complain about it and perhaps find it ugly in their eyes.
    IMO, Windows 8.1 or 10 with LIVE tiles, are absolutely beautiful, and was ingenious design from day 1. I find it so cool that each tile is an icon AND a live informative tiles. Yes you can have a boring icon just sitting around, and then you have to click it to access its content that its been around for YEARS, but I and millions of people want something NEW and FRESH that is different and gives us the ability to just look at it, and see we should open it or not , with its live features.
    With Win10 for phn, you get a wallpaper background of your choice(your dog, cat, friends, kids,......hot chick) and a live transparency tile over it, that's even better than Win8.1 Denim. How is that ugly???????????? Also, you can have a solid White or Black background if you wish. its 10x better than Android and 100x better than iOS junk toy. So please explain in detail as to why in YOUR eyes its ugly, when many people find it beautiful, clean and nice. thx
    05-21-2015 03:29 PM
    Windows 10 for phone is just a complete mess. The reason why I loved Windows phone was the uniqueness of the WP UI but MS decided to throw away its core design philosophies to copy Android and IOS. Official MS apps looks better on other platforms than on Windows phone. I must say I'm very disappointed. Hopefully they don't mess up Xbox like that.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    Kram Sacul likes this.
    05-21-2015 03:29 PM
    guize, it really doesn't matter. This OS isn't going to get any more market share, nobody is going to use it, and it'll die in the next year or two. Stop whining about win 10, and just buy an android device and be happy. You do realize you can make android look like WP8, and have all the apps, right?!
    The day I can use Android phones with all those apps but not have to deal at all with Google is the day I start considering it...
    Kram Sacul likes this.
    05-21-2015 03:30 PM
    That's literally like 3 years ago.
    05-21-2015 03:35 PM
    IOS and Android users are not complaining cuz that's what they are used to. Google and Apple don't get up one day and make a complete overhaul of the UI. They gradually improved on the UI and made it better. It looks like MS has a disease of making one thing better and messing up the other. They exhibited symptoms with Windows 8 and Windows phone 8. Native Windows phone apps look like they were "borrowed from the other guys".

05-21-2015 03:47 PM
    Hahahahaaa....!! Hey, we not gonna give up without a fight.. lol

05-21-2015 03:51 PM
    Not sure about anyone else but this is why WP stood out for me: Discovery News releases a dazzling universal Windows Phone app | Windows Central (note the following quote: "Perhaps even better than getting this official news app is that fact that it is stunning. Discovery News features some fantastic animations, smooth transitions". Even the article description lavishes praise on it). Trying to think of how adding a hamburger menu to this and removing the panorama navigation would make it more attractive, as some suggest....
    05-21-2015 03:52 PM
    Hamburger Menu...YEA RIGHT...!!!!

05-21-2015 03:59 PM
    I pulled out an old device running wp 7.8 to set it up as a music player. It made me realize why I preferred windows phone. The flow and integration are still stunning.
    white_Shadoww and Kram Sacul like this.
    05-21-2015 04:44 PM
    I agree. What held WP back was the lack of functionality to match ios and android. And what innovative features they had were discarded. Perhaps making it so I could use a keyboard years ago is more important than making it look like android now.
    05-21-2015 04:49 PM
    have you heard of the saying of, "beauty is in the eyes of beholder"? I can tell you millions of people do NOT find what you said about win10 or even 8.1 ugly. There many things in life, SOME people find ugly, and some people find the same thing beautiful. In my experience in life, there are those who get use to something, and really don't like change of anything in life, when you give them something new and different, that they are not use to, they suddenly find something to complain about it and perhaps find it ugly in their eyes.
    IMO, Windows 8.1 or 10 with LIVE tiles, are absolutely beautiful, and was ingenious design from day 1. I find it so cool that each tile is an icon AND a live informative tiles. Yes you can have a boring icon just sitting around, and then you have to click it to access its content that its been around for YEARS, but I and millions of people want something NEW and FRESH that is different and gives us the ability to just look at it, and see we should open it or not , with its live features.
    With Win10 for phn, you get a wallpaper background of your choice(your dog, cat, friends, kids,......hot chick) and a live transparency tile over it, that's even better than Win8.1 Denim. How is that ugly???????????? Also, you can have a solid White or Black background if you wish. its 10x better than Android and 100x better than iOS junk toy. So please explain in detail as to why in YOUR eyes its ugly, when many people find it beautiful, clean and nice. thx
    Completely agree with everything you said. I have been using a windows phone since day 1,when wp7 came (it was a 710 i think). It was my first smartphone and i have changed a lot of phones around and ALL of them were windows phones. Never touched an android or an iphone in life (completely hated their ui and everything). Then w10m came along and i admit i was worried for a moment. Hamburger menus, no pivots, no panoramic views etc. had me worried. But then i used it for the first time and i fell in love with it. I installed all the w10m builds on my daily driver and i still am using it and i wont ever stop. Some people hate it some people like it and some people love it. Its the latter two we should focus on as a community and ignore all the haters (they gon' hate). Maybe one day they'll get used to it and come back to windows phones or maybe they wont, doesn't matter. What matters is all of us sticking together and supporting the platform that we hold so dear to us. If do that, a year from now we'll rejoice and keep loving this os. Our os. By the people, for the people (with windows insiders that part becomes true). Anyway, my point is, support and guide, don't hate.
    apple-SUCKS likes this.
    05-21-2015 05:26 PM
180 12345 ...