05-24-2015 12:32 AM
180 ... 45678
tools
    :D You haven't been here long, have you?
    Nah, I just bought the L640XL few months back. Not really enjoying not customizing anything like on my old Android phone. Apps are decent but not good very "Rigid" . Guess I've been roped by The MS Way™ lol
    sweatshopking likes this.
    05-22-2015 02:50 PM
    WP is about Dark theme..I see dark theme in Photos app, Music Preview, Video Preview then why have they not introduced dark theme in Outlook app yet? I am pretty sure those so called "ugly" icons will look "cool" if app uses dark theme :-)
    I hope they do introduce dark theme in upcoming build..
    I LOVE THE NEW MUSIC PREVIEW!

i hope more of the OS gets this makeover.

the now playing area at the bottom of the App needs to be the replacement for the now playing in the volume drawer.
    05-22-2015 04:03 PM
    The Music Preview looks awful. You'd think that would be a top priority after the Xbox Music debacle.
    05-22-2015 05:04 PM
    Whereas I am new to this forum, I have been following Microsoft and Windows development from the late 90's, the age of the "dot com" boom, and I have been in the field of IT for 20 years of my adult life.

I must say that this has got to be the single most ignorant and uneducated thread I have ever seen posted in a forum. Just because they took away ONE feature you 'loved' in the absolute earliest technical builds for WP, doesn't mean it is gone. WP 10 won't be done until "later this year" - that is a long way away from slapping down a judgement of "ugly"...

You, sir, need to recognize that and have some patience.
    MikeSo and OwenDL like this.
    05-22-2015 06:34 PM
    Whereas I am new to this forum, I have been following Microsoft and Windows development from the late 90's, the age of the "dot com" boom, and I have been in the field of IT for 20 years of my adult life.

I must say that this has got to be the single most ignorant and uneducated thread I have ever seen posted in a forum.
    Your experience with forums must be a lot less than it is with Microsoft if you think this is the worst the Internet has to offer lol
    tgp, idokamaroq and Kram Sacul like this.
    05-22-2015 06:48 PM
    I heavily disagree, every build that MSFT is releasing is showing me that they are giving up to original ideas "copycatting" from other OSs "in order to make the UX familiar" only IF YOU switching from other platforms, well, I think they are doing well because they are showing me what I'm going to see when I switch from Windows 10 Mobile if they continue the same way. I will prefer to choose an ugly UX-UI with apps (iOS/Android) than an ugly UX-UI without apps (Windows Phone/Mobile), MSFT is making it easy releasing their apps to other platforms first.
    Sorry to jump so far back in the thread (I guess I didn't jump as far back as you did, though...), but did you even read my post? That has nothing to do with what I said. Lol

If you want to talk about that, though, there are reasons people go with the other platforms other than apps. The platform had to get popular first, before it got the apps, which helped it grow, (generating a positive feedback loop, but that's sorta irrelevant).

The way I see the new UI is MS using the other (more successful) platforms as a baseline and then throwing their own spin on it and improving it. It almost makes the old UI feel a little restrictive, even if it was more "flowy" and had some great ergonomic related design standards.

Once you're used to one UI, though, you won't like change. Ya, I don't like everything that they're doing with the UI, but I don't think they're ruining it by any means. And all hope is not lost, as we aren't even anywhere near release. Look at the update to Outlook on W10 mobile that just came out. Buttons back on the bottom where we like them.

And if you want to go with something that isn't "copycat," jump over to Sailfish or something. But even that implements stolen ideas.
    Last edited by idokamaroq; 05-22-2015 at 07:32 PM.
    05-22-2015 07:16 PM
    Used to be a hardcore windows phone fan.... Converted 19 people from an android to wp user... But i quit too......i am just Waiting for the official version to be sure......
    I'm in till the wheels fall off. So you say you quit. Hey I understand if you have friends and you all tend to think alike, date the same kinds of women or the same woman, eat the same kind of food, etc. My friends only care if I answer my phone when they call or text me. We go out for beer, wings, football and phones kinda never come up as a topic of conversation. Well, not never but not usually. We don't sit around ogling each others home screens like that's some life altering en devour. A little too delightful for my crowd.

But I get it why you took off, you weren't happy. What I don't get is why you still come here? Shouldn't you be having some of that stimulating conversation over on android central? I mean, its sort of a morgue over there but, just curious.
    xibartx and OwenDL like this.
    05-22-2015 07:21 PM
    I'm in till the wheels fall off. So you say you quit. Hey I understand if you have friends and you all tend to think alike, date the same kinds of women or the same woman, eat the same kind of food, etc. My friends only care if I answer my phone when they call or text me. We go out for beer, wings, football and phones kinda never come up as a topic of conversation. Well, not never but not usually. We don't sit around ogling each others home screens like that's some life altering en devour. A little too delightful for my crowd.

But I get it why you took off, you weren't happy. What I don't get is why you still come here? Shouldn't you be having some of that stimulating conversation over on android central? I mean, its sort of a morgue over there but, just curious.
    It Isnt that we do everything alike ,but the wp was a common point among us.....we all loved Tge way it was ,but msft screwed it....as i said i am waiting till the official realease of win 10 to be sure why i am leaving.
    05-22-2015 08:44 PM
    I'm not abandoning Windows Phone, Microsoft is taking it away from me.
    EspHack and Kram Sacul like this.
    05-22-2015 10:09 PM
    It Isnt that we do everything alike ,but the wp was a common point among us.....we all loved Tge way it was ,but msft screwed it....as i said i am waiting till the official realease of win 10 to be sure why i am leaving.
    I missed why it was being screwed by MS IMO. You don't like the way it is evolving? You don't like what exactly?
    apple-SUCKS likes this.
    05-22-2015 10:48 PM
    I'm not abandoning Windows Phone, Microsoft is taking it away from me.
    I think they want you to have it and you are talking selfish. If your phone is upgradable, you'll get it the upgrade for free. They are not even charging you for any of the development work going on.
    05-22-2015 11:07 PM
    Can we please just stop acting like a mass of horribly treated, violated, victims of abuse that are the recipients of some sort of atrocity and hold off on whining and complaining until Windows 10 actually comes out?

Half this forum is doing the equivalent to going into a Ferrari or Lamborghini factory, looking at a car when it's still a husk, halfway to completion, and saying 'Nope, don't like it! This car has absolutely no chance to look and perform the way it should. I'm leaving!' and then storming out and then spewing endless negativity about the brand of car for the rest of eternity, even though the final product is a masterpiece, both in both visual aspect and performance.

This forum is becoming less and less bearable as it fills up with naysayers and negative, impatient types.
    05-22-2015 11:30 PM
    I think they want you to have it and you are talking selfish. If your phone is upgradable, you'll get it the upgrade for free. They are not even charging you for any of the development work going on.
    Typical American thinking. Nothing is FREE. The carriers subsidize the phone putchase in return for a 2 year commitment to stay at your carrier. Just about everywhere else in the world we have to pay hundreds for a phone. If you think that means 'free' then your mistaken and a puppet of the carriers anyway.

"Charging for development work"? You actually think this is a good point? Who does that?
    apple-SUCKS likes this.
    05-22-2015 11:41 PM
    Can we please just stop acting like a mass of horribly treated, violated, victims of abuse that are the recipients of some sort of atrocity and hold off on whining and complaining until Windows 10 actually comes out?

Half this forum is doing the equivalent to going into a Ferrari or Lamborghini factory, looking at a car when it's still a husk, halfway to completion, and saying 'Nope, don't like it! This car has absolutely no chance to look and perform the way it should. I'm leaving!' and then storming out and then spewing endless negativity about the brand of car for the rest of eternity, even though the final product is a masterpiece, both in both visual aspect and performance.

This forum is becoming less and less bearable as it fills up with naysayers and negative, impatient types.
    as soon as I see that huge 12v engine and tons of electronics and carbon fiber parts I know that's gonna be a hell of a car, the same happens with wp10, I see what they are doing and... you telling me they are going to do a 180 turn when the time comes? lol
    05-22-2015 11:59 PM

I can agree with you to a point. I actually have no issues with new/evolved "look" of WP10. Things evolve, some ways of doing things change over time, So be it.

My quarrel and frustration with MS has to do with the discontinuing of what were, in my opinion (and Microsoft's too if you watch their marketing from WP7 time), key features to the way WP operated (People Hub, FB/Twitter integration into the OS, ext). My concern now is that MS is taking WP in a direction that is too similar to Andriod and iOS and that's an app centric model. You lose the consistancy in the way things work with this model. I'm not sure if you have experience with the fluidity and baked in integration of WP7/8.0, but it was wonderful to be able to see all of your FB and Twitter feeds in one place and post to them in the same spot via the People Hub. Sure it lacked all of the features of the app, bit that's not the point. It was very useful for 80% of my usage of FB and Twitter. I could use my tablet or laptop for the rest.

Also, MS has a history of discontinuing hardware and features with no backward compatibility, ie WP7 to 8 conversion. I was one of the ones stuck with a new Lumia 900 (which I loved by the way). This way of doing things works in the US and some other Western countries that rely on subsidies and a 2 year upgrade cycle. But for us in countries that pay hundreds for a phone, we'd like to see it last a few years without the worry of being left behind with old, nonupdated apps and features. Tech moves fast enough without having the powers-that-be build in planned obsolescence.

Anyway, rant over..cheers! :)
    05-23-2015 12:18 AM
    you have to wait few short months(time is flaying by) for it.
    Have to admire the unfounded optimism.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-23-2015 12:44 AM

I must say that this has got to be the single most ignorant and uneducated thread I have ever seen posted in a forum. Just because they took away ONE feature you 'loved' in the absolute earliest technical builds for WP, doesn't mean it is gone. WP 10 won't be done until "later this year" - that is a long way away from slapping down a judgement of "ugly"...

You, sir, need to recognize that and have some patience.
    The thing he was talking about is being killed off and has been getting killed off for a while. The speculation would be that it could come back, I think we'll see square people tiles come back and consistent use of the dark theme before the Me tile returns to what it had been in 8.0.

But it goes to a long standing joke on here that Microsoft keeps removing features that people love most about the platform. I've seen it myself since the release of 8.0. Sure, new good things also come along but I've had plenty of WTF moments after performing updates. Major functionality just disappears.
    jefbeard911 and Kevin Rush like this.
    05-23-2015 01:07 AM
    so true. so many Cry bides and whiners. How many times MS has side, THIS IS NOT THE FINAL RELEASE, and it may not be stable. We still have several months to go, and these people are BoooHoooing already. OMGosh.
    Are you serious ? You are expecting win 10 to completely change its design direction and head back to 8 era? Even Though its a preview build,it does hints you about the future design and if you are waiting for your feedbacks to be heardthen i am feeling sorry for you...get ready to be dissapointed.....
    05-23-2015 01:29 AM
    I can agree with you to a point. I actually have no issues with new/evolved "look" of WP10. Things evolve, some ways of doing things change over time, So be it.

My quarrel and frustration with MS has to do with the discontinuing of what were, in my opinion (and Microsoft's too if you watch their marketing from WP7 time), key features to the way WP operated (People Hub, FB/Twitter integration into the OS, ext). My concern now is that MS is taking WP in a direction that is too similar to Andriod and iOS and that's an app centric model. You lose the consistancy in the way things work with this model. I'm not sure if you have experience with the fluidity and baked in integration of WP7/8.0, but it was wonderful to be able to see all of your FB and Twitter feeds in one place and post to them in the same spot via the People Hub. Sure it lacked all of the features of the app, bit that's not the point. It was very useful for 80% of my usage of FB and Twitter. I could use my tablet or laptop for the rest.

Also, MS has a history of discontinuing hardware and features with no backward compatibility, ie WP7 to 8 conversion. I was one of the ones stuck with a new Lumia 900 (which I loved by the way). This way of doing things works in the US and some other Western countries that rely on subsidies and a 2 year upgrade cycle. But for us in countries that pay hundreds for a phone, we'd like to see it last a few years without the worry of being left behind with old, nonupdated apps and features. Tech moves fast enough without having the powers-that-be build in planned obsolescence.

Anyway, rant over..cheers! :)
    Exactly! My biggest complaint with msft is the same as yours....why on the earth are they removing all the coolest and most unique features from wp?
    jefbeard911 and Kevin Rush like this.
    05-23-2015 01:33 AM
    I missed why it was being screwed by MS IMO. You don't like the way it is evolving? You don't like what exactly?
    The WHAT has a long list of thing.....some of them.
    The new ****** ui , killing of me tile , the new photos app ( please dont tell me if thats going to update an be fixed ) , etc...specially that ****** round profile pics.....and for god sake dont start that preview build drama again....i undersall this but none of you can deny that this things wont change as much as you are saying.....
    05-23-2015 01:43 AM
    No, Akssingh is absolutely correct. Windows 10 is HORRIBLE. Not because it's a work in progress. It's horrible because that's how Microsoft is DESIGNING it. They are making very specific DESIGN CHOICES that are ugly and user-spiteful. I am beyond angry about the loss of the Me Tile and pivots and addition of the IDIOTIC hamburger button (there is NO reason at all why they couldn't have simply expanded upon the use of the Ellipses to do what the Hamburger button does).
    05-23-2015 01:45 AM
    as soon as I see that huge 12v engine and tons of electronics and carbon fiber parts I know that's gonna be a hell of a car, the same happens with wp10, I see what they are doing and... you telling me they are going to do a 180 turn when the time comes? lol
    Yeah......nice to see some people are smart enough here to look out of their fantasy world where msft does all.....😃
    05-23-2015 01:46 AM
    For your INFORMATION, I have been using both the Windows 10 for PCs and Windows 10 Mobile SINCE THE PREVIEWS WERE FIRST AVAILABLE. I can say, without ANY reservation, that I HAVE seen "hot it works"---and it works like CRAP. It LOOKS like crap, too. It is DESIGNED like crap by people who have exactly THAT for BRAINS -- starting with Satya. I have given it a chance and it sucks. I don't believe it will ever NOT suck. Why? Because I was SO ready to see Windows 7 go buh-bye and Windows 8 to be the future. And then Microsoft totally puked all over it.
    white_Shadoww and Kevin Rush like this.
    05-23-2015 01:49 AM
    Um....have you actually USED it? Do you even have a clue what you're talking about? I've been using the previews for both PC and Phone since they were first available. I'm speaking from experience, buddy. Don't you DARE give me that ignorant "wait until it comes out" garbage. WE ARE SEEING EXACTLY HOW IT'S GOING TO BE right now. And it sucks compared to how awesome Windows 8.1 is. "Halfway to completion" my hind end! You're out of your mind.
    Kram Sacul and Kevin Rush like this.
    05-23-2015 01:52 AM
    windows mobile os is going to die as no developers are interested, now there is one option for all windows mobile user to shift to Apple iphone, apple ios is more stable and all most all developers are there
    sweatshopking likes this.
    05-23-2015 02:13 AM
180 ... 45678