Windows 10 mobile - the ugliest future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anshulkhemani

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I have not upgraded to w10 tp but isn't it a good idea like swiping from left to right opens the hamburger menus like android and swiping up and down in the blank space in hamburger menu selects the options?

sweatshopking

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
guize, it really doesn't matter. This OS isn't going to get any more market share, nobody is going to use it, and it'll die in the next year or two. Stop whining about win 10, and just buy an android device and be happy. You do realize you can make android look like WP8, and have all the apps, right?!

anon(5789608)

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft-METRO-UI-Description.svg_.png

qRjDsMs.jpg

S T1

Banned
Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
have you heard of the saying of, "beauty is in the eyes of beholder"? I can tell you millions of people do NOT find what you said about win10 or even 8.1 ugly. There many things in life, SOME people find ugly, and some people find the same thing beautiful. In my experience in life, there are those who get use to something, and really don't like change of anything in life, when you give them something new and different, that they are not use to, they suddenly find something to complain about it and perhaps find it ugly in their eyes.
IMO, Windows 8.1 or 10 with LIVE tiles, are absolutely beautiful, and was ingenious design from day 1. I find it so cool that each tile is an icon AND a live informative tiles. Yes you can have a boring icon just sitting around, and then you have to click it to access its content that its been around for YEARS, but I and millions of people want something NEW and FRESH that is different and gives us the ability to just look at it, and see we should open it or not , with its live features.
With Win10 for phn, you get a wallpaper background of your choice(your dog, cat, friends, kids,......hot chick) and a live transparency tile over it, that's even better than Win8.1 Denim. How is that ugly???????????? Also, you can have a solid White or Black background if you wish. its 10x better than Android and 100x better than iOS junk toy. So please explain in detail as to why in YOUR eyes its ugly, when many people find it beautiful, clean and nice. thx

Dyplexor

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 for phone is just a complete mess. The reason why I loved Windows phone was the uniqueness of the WP UI but MS decided to throw away its core design philosophies to copy Android and IOS. Official MS apps looks better on other platforms than on Windows phone. I must say I'm very disappointed. Hopefully they don't mess up Xbox like that.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
guize, it really doesn't matter. This OS isn't going to get any more market share, nobody is going to use it, and it'll die in the next year or two. Stop whining about win 10, and just buy an android device and be happy. You do realize you can make android look like WP8, and have all the apps, right?!

The day I can use Android phones with all those apps but not have to deal at all with Google is the day I start considering it...

Dyplexor

May 21, 2015
Visit site
IOS and Android users are not complaining cuz that's what they are used to. Google and Apple don't get up one day and make a complete overhaul of the UI. They gradually improved on the UI and made it better. It looks like MS has a disease of making one thing better and messing up the other. They exhibited symptoms with Windows 8 and Windows phone 8. Native Windows phone apps look like they were "borrowed from the other guys".

Dyplexor

May 21, 2015
Visit site

Hahahahaaa....!! Hey, we not gonna give up without a fight.. lol

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Not sure about anyone else but this is why WP stood out for me: Discovery News releases a dazzling universal Windows Phone app | Windows Central (note the following quote: "Perhaps even better than getting this official news app is that fact that it is stunning. Discovery News features some fantastic animations, smooth transitions". Even the article description lavishes praise on it). Trying to think of how adding a hamburger menu to this and removing the panorama navigation would make it more attractive, as some suggest....

David Hills2

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I pulled out an old device running wp 7.8 to set it up as a music player. It made me realize why I preferred windows phone. The flow and integration are still stunning.

David Hills2

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I agree. What held WP back was the lack of functionality to match ios and android. And what innovative features they had were discarded. Perhaps making it so I could use a keyboard years ago is more important than making it look like android now.

ryanchase12

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
have you heard of the saying of, "beauty is in the eyes of beholder"? I can tell you millions of people do NOT find what you said about win10 or even 8.1 ugly. There many things in life, SOME people find ugly, and some people find the same thing beautiful. In my experience in life, there are those who get use to something, and really don't like change of anything in life, when you give them something new and different, that they are not use to, they suddenly find something to complain about it and perhaps find it ugly in their eyes.
IMO, Windows 8.1 or 10 with LIVE tiles, are absolutely beautiful, and was ingenious design from day 1. I find it so cool that each tile is an icon AND a live informative tiles. Yes you can have a boring icon just sitting around, and then you have to click it to access its content that its been around for YEARS, but I and millions of people want something NEW and FRESH that is different and gives us the ability to just look at it, and see we should open it or not , with its live features.
With Win10 for phn, you get a wallpaper background of your choice(your dog, cat, friends, kids,......hot chick) and a live transparency tile over it, that's even better than Win8.1 Denim. How is that ugly???????????? Also, you can have a solid White or Black background if you wish. its 10x better than Android and 100x better than iOS junk toy. So please explain in detail as to why in YOUR eyes its ugly, when many people find it beautiful, clean and nice. thx

Completely agree with everything you said. I have been using a windows phone since day 1,when wp7 came (it was a 710 i think). It was my first smartphone and i have changed a lot of phones around and ALL of them were windows phones. Never touched an android or an iphone in life (completely hated their ui and everything). Then w10m came along and i admit i was worried for a moment. Hamburger menus, no pivots, no panoramic views etc. had me worried. But then i used it for the first time and i fell in love with it. I installed all the w10m builds on my daily driver and i still am using it and i wont ever stop. Some people hate it some people like it and some people love it. Its the latter two we should focus on as a community and ignore all the haters (they gon' hate). Maybe one day they'll get used to it and come back to windows phones or maybe they wont, doesn't matter. What matters is all of us sticking together and supporting the platform that we hold so dear to us. If do that, a year from now we'll rejoice and keep loving this os. Our os. By the people, for the people (with windows insiders that part becomes true). Anyway, my point is, support and guide, don't hate.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The best features would be ones that everyone wants to use. Something that people immediately think about when they talk about the OS. I almost never even remember the Me Tile exists. Most people I know don't know or care about it. It's not important in the grand scheme of things.

The reason people don't use or remember the ME tile now is because MS stripped the value out of it in WP 8.1 when the eliminated FB/Twitter integration from the OS. It used to be a universal place to read and post to FB and twitter as well as many other things. Now its useless.

The reasons to use a WP have been slowly stripped away since the switch to WP8. What once was an all-in-one integrated approach to using a smartphone is now the same as ios and Android simply with a different veneer.

Too bad..

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid I agree with some of these things too even though I don't want to. Going back from 8 to 8.1 many things I loved were slowly stripped away. They were offset by some improvements at least. But the Me tile, vision search, QR codes, music search, consistent use of system themes (supporting dark theme), square people tiles, etc.

I realize it's a beta but the but I want to make my opinion known before the tech media crucifies the next release. I do see much good in the direction as well. Just some good things seem to be getting thrown away. Perhaps in the interest of the common user and not the power user? Apple has the power to say "this is how it should be". MS is chasing things around. But when WP8.0 came out and they did something different. Apple copied the look and feel for the next iOS.

Now it seems like Windows 10 for Phone is moving to copy android without any of the real benefits of android.

Last edited:

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm fine with the hamburger menu. I'm fine with how MS trying to mimic Android. But please. Bring us more apps from Android / iOS! I really hate to use the Facebook app on my Lumia. It is simply a thrash as compared to the Android version. Even Messenger on Windows Phone is so slow when loading messages. While we may have a good OS, apps are really subpar as compared to rival platforms out there.

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
What matters is all of us sticking together and supporting the platform that we hold so dear to us. If do that, a year from now we'll rejoice and keep loving this os. Our os. By the people, for the people (with windows insiders that part becomes true). Anyway, my point is, support and guide, don't hate.

You do realize that this OS is the product of a Multi Billion Dollar, Multi National conglomerate whose only legal responsibility is to get a return for its shareholders, right?

Because Microsoft doesn't care about you (no corporation does); they just want to shake you upside down, until the coins and bills fall out of your pockets and they scoop them up. A company's OS isn't a rallying lifestyle cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99