Windows 10 mobile - the ugliest future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaustubh Debnath

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Just wait for a while. Microsoft will fix all the aesthetics by the final version comes. For reference, look at these images of the Windows 8 developer preview.windows8_explorerribbon.pngwindows-8.jpg Microsoft has the record to release preview builds with crappy UI and fixing it by the RTM build.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
WP is about Dark theme..I see dark theme in Photos app, Music Preview, Video Preview then why have they not introduced dark theme in Outlook app yet? I am pretty sure those so called "ugly" icons will look "cool" if app uses dark theme :)
I hope they do introduce dark theme in upcoming build..

Lobbie1978

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
You never used it because msft made it useless..... It was my most loving point in windows phone 8.

They killed the ME tile as soon as they dropped the integrations with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
They changed the integrations to the individual apps because of "Updating reasons".

Slowly but surely, Windows 10 Mobile turns into a iOS meets Android OS and that's something I am very disappointed about. Everything that makes Windows Phone the superieur OS is now dropped. The complete personal experience which made WP so great is totally discontinued. I really don't understand why MSFT did this. No more hubs, no more ME tile, no more Rooms. The complete heart and soul of WP killed. It's a shame :(

Jragar

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm just going to put this out there:

I haven't used the Me tile since windows phone 7. and I mean the original version, even by 7.5/8 I had stopped using it, it was definitely unpinned.

The information in it was just not rich enough to interact properly and to be honest I just went in and update in the corresponding app. Mainly after the notification/action centre was implemented.

I dont see what all the fuss is about it if I'm honest.

ryanchase12

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
What is exactly ugly?
View attachment 105069
View attachment 105070
View attachment 105071
View attachment 105072
View attachment 105073
It all looks rather modern and slick to me. I've used WP since it debuted in 2010 and I couldn't care less if they hide functions I rarely use in Hamburger Menu's. I used the me tile for about 10 minutes when I first got my htc Mozart back in the day. Never really cared for it to be honest and having the ability to compose proper emails while on the go and using first rate apps ported from iOS like facebook trumps any medicore feature that integrates social media from other services in a poor way. Besides they're still keeping the 'What's New' Feature in the people hub, so... Also, what does removing the 'Me' tile have to do with how an OS looks??

Couldn't agree more. The new look really is modern and slick. I love it. And to the people ******** about the dark/light theme inconsistences, remember, its still beta. They will implement a universal dark or white theme just like win8.1.

Jibily

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My favorite part of Windows Phone is the live tiles and design philosophy. Also the less convoluted system management stuff and better granular control of notifications.

Facebook wouldn't let them integrate with People Hub. Not their fault.

ryanchase12

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
As a former iPhone user I remember very well how the design changes went through:
iOS 7 was introduced and everybody said, that it looks crap, the design is bad etc. and everybody wanted iOS 6 back
iOS 8 was introduced and everybody said, that it looks crap, the design is bad etc. and everybody wanted iOS 7 back

The thing is that people will get used to Windows Mobile 10 and that's it...

Same thing happened with windows 8/8.1. First they hated and now they want it back. They are gonna hate win10m and they wont get enough of it. And thank god its that way, otherwise it'll end up like android lollipop. First everyone loved its new design and everything and then when it came out everyone hated it (i have heard so many complains you wouldn't believe it). Just the way it is.

Lokesh Bichhwalia

May 5, 2015
Visit site
but its no longer WP. its W10 and they need to sync every part of the os for every device. hence the new ui. coz i think wp ui (bottom ribbon and no hamburger)cant serve on desktops.

Pavstar619

May 4, 2015
Visit site
It all looks rather modern and slick to me. I've used WP since it debuted in 2010 and I couldn't care less if they hide functions I rarely use in Hamburger Menu's. I used the me tile for about 10 minutes when I first got my htc Mozart back in the day. Never really cared for it to be honest and having the ability to compose proper emails while on the go and using first rate apps ported from iOS like facebook trumps any medicore feature that integrates social media from other services in a poor way. Besides they're still keeping the 'What's New' Feature in the people hub, so... Also, what does removing the 'Me' tile have to do with how an OS looks??

Looks good to me. This is actually the first time I actually saw the UI haha. This be like wayyy better than Android

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
guize, it really doesn't matter. This OS isn't going to get any more market share, nobody is going to use it, and it'll die in the next year or two. Stop whining about win 10, and just buy an android device and be happy. You do realize you can make android look like WP8, and have all the apps, right?!
Just because you gave up doesn't mean that we have.

caspervir1

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I hope they will do something With the New switching buttons (like in the alarms app, on/off)......... Those one we have now is much better! They're big and easy to use... But this is just a preview so we do not know how the final Version will look like.... Hope they will change something at least!

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
No, WP 10 is a freaking disaster mess, because it isn't remotely close to being finished and is just bits and pieces of old WP8.1 and new W10 UI/UX cobbled together. Once it's actually done, it'll all be more streamlined and flow together better. A lot different from WP8.1 (not saying better or worse because it's hard to tell from little buggy glimpses), but not a "freaking disaster mess."

I heavily disagree, every build that MSFT is releasing is showing me that they are giving up to original ideas "copycatting" from other OSs "in order to make the UX familiar" only IF YOU switching from other platforms, well, I think they are doing well because they are showing me what I'm going to see when I switch from Windows 10 Mobile if they continue the same way. I will prefer to choose an ugly UX-UI with apps (iOS/Android) than an ugly UX-UI without apps (Windows Phone/Mobile), MSFT is making it easy releasing their apps to other platforms first.

anon(5789608)

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. The new look really is modern and slick. I love it. And to the people ******** about the dark/light theme inconsistences, remember, its still beta. They will implement a universal dark or white theme just like win8.1.

Skype for WP 8.1 still beta? GroupMe too? OneDrive? Health? Facebook?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
apps aren't improving. the new porting isn't going to change that, as every organization repeatedly says "it's not building the app, it's supporting it" and this won't solve that problem. Microsoft has already acknowledged that their app store is useless and EVEN PEOPLE WITH DEVICES AREN'T BUYING FROM IT, so who cares if they have 1 billion users that aren't using the app store?! NOBODY DOES. The fact that x86 is going hard, and RT is dead means people will stick with win32 even more.

start looking at android and finding a rom you like. windows is done.

Well said! Even if a new flagship is released for W10, I'm going to hold on and see how's the situation is with W10. If apps are still as bad as now, I will just continue to use my current Lumia OR move to Android for good. No point supporting a dead platform when I'm just a mere consumer.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
If they want me in the W10 ecosystem they have to show it is an upgrade for all my touch devices. Otherwise, it would be a downgrade and what would be the point? W8 is not a dead platform. I stuck with W2K because XP never offered anything over 2K except clunky Lego styling and Disney search dogs etc. Never suffered one disadvantage from that decision. I'll wait for Win12 if Win10 doesn't exceed Win8 in usability. A downgrade would be pointless but W8 is still the apex touch OS so, happy daze. That's the thing with Windows. With other OSs you're supposed to upgrade each and every time. With Windows you are expected to upgrade only if the 'new way' fits with your usage. It has always worked that way, and is why MS has the freedom/tendency to start concepts from scratch for each release. You are not supposed to just blindly update because a new shiny thing comes along. Windows is bigger than the phone in your pocket unlike many OSs and updates must be treated in an appropriately considered manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb