different tile sizes incoming?

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I did some more screwing around with my 1520 on the newest build of windows 10, and i found this in the personalization settings

k0czeqA.jpg

What do you think? Good idea/bad idea? New feature/bug?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
As it is, I believe that one of the central ideas of the Windows Phone experience is customization. More tile sizes means more customization options. If other Technical Previewers find this feature appealing, supportive or contributory to the Windows Phone experience and if Microsoft approves their feedback, I think that having additional tile sizes would add a degree of flexibility to the customization options of the users and wouldn't be detrimental to the user experience as a whole.

As a Technical Previewer, what do you think? :cool:

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
As it is, I believe that one of the central ideas of the Windows Phone experience is customization. More tile sizes means more customization options. If other Technical Previewers find this feature appealing, supportive or contributory to the Windows Phone experience and if Microsoft approves their feedback, I think that having additional tile sizes would add a degree of flexibility to the customization options of the users and wouldn't be detrimental to the user experience as a whole.

As a Technical Previewer, what do you think? :cool:

lol, I didn't wanna throw up a big wall of text in the OP this time, so I figured I'd let a post or two pop up before I gave my opinion... but since you asked so nicely... :p

I share a pretty similar opinion to it as you. I think its a good idea, the only thing I fear is that users will start expecting all apps to use every tile size, which would quickly start becoming a tedious endeavor for the developers, I can definitely see some use for a tile this size, but, most apps wouldn't really be suited to it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
lol, I didn't wanna throw up a big wall of text in the OP this time, so I figured I'd let a post or two pop up before I gave my opinion... but since you asked so nicely... :p

I share a pretty similar opinion to it as you. I think its a good idea, the only thing I fear is that users will start expecting all apps to use every tile size, which would quickly start becoming a tedious endeavor for the developers, I can definitely see some use for a tile this size, but, most apps wouldn't really be suited to it.

I agree with you.:cool:

Hopefully that will be addressed in the final Windows 10 release - on the part that makes programming for developers "easier" or something to that effect. Not sure how much tediousness adding more tile sizes would be, but I hope it won't be as tedious as making the app itself alone. Then again, one cannot please everybody, and the most vocal among users are those who have something to complain about (in the forums). We'll just have to wait and see for now.:wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)