USB Connectivity to Windows desktop

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
So far how is connectivity over USB to a Windows desktop or laptop? Right now WP8.1 is a joke for stable connectivity via USB.

Really disappointed in what should be BASIC functionality.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Can you explain what your issues are exactly? What are you trying to do? What phone are you using?

I've had no issues at all with USB connection between desktop and WP and I doubt few others have.

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Can you explain what your issues are exactly? What are you trying to do? What phone are you using?

I've had no issues at all with USB connection between desktop and WP and I doubt few others have.

Have you tried searching? this is a very easy topic to find TONS of topics on this matter. Please don't dilute my original post, I'm also not looking for support help here but pose a question.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried searching? this is a very easy topic to find TONS of topics on this matter. Please don't dilute my original post, I'm also not looking for support help here but pose a question.
What answer are you looking for?

You'll need to explain your question further.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
What answer are you looking for?

You'll need to explain your question further.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Also is there a way to disassociate my account from Windows Central? I'm not enjoying this community at all. I would like to have WC removed and the Android community left.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've been on this forum for over two years helping people so your statement doesn't ring very true to me. As for 'diluting' your original post, had it made any sense I wouldn't have asked for further clarification. You were stating there are issues with WP8.1 USB connectivity but gave no evidence for this.

Asking you to clarify is about engaging and gaining information. You know that thing called communication? That's the whole point of being on a forum. You don't seem to get that from what I can tell.

Also is there a way to disassociate my account from Windows Central? I'm not enjoying this community at all. I would like to have WC removed and the Android community left.

I can't see Android Central being any better with dealing with such a vague question either. TBH

Though I see the original OP has changed. Originally you stated 'issue' and 'connectivity' which made me think of a technical problem. Your second line stating that it was bad on WP8.1 confused me. Providing no links to your concern made it unclear what you were on about. That's what 'having a conversation and asking questions' is all about. A forum is a place to communicate. You seem to have some issues with that.

Thinking about your original OP the only thing that comes to mind is the secure nature of WP where you only have access to certain folders. I don't see that changing and it so far hasn't changed in W10 TP. W10 mobile will probably not change that aspect of things.

If you're referring to any new features via a desktop app we don't know at this stage other than universal apps.

If this is what you were asking those are your answers. WP/W10 isn't Android. It will never be like Android in that regard. You won't gain access to areas that MS doesn't want you to have access to. It's very much like iPhone in that regard.

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I've been on this forum for over two years helping people so your statement doesn't ring very true to me. As for 'diluting' your original post, had it made any sense I wouldn't have asked for further clarification. You were stating there are issues with WP8.1 USB connectivity but gave no evidence for this.

Asking you to clarify is about engaging and gaining information. You know that thing called communication? That's the whole point of being on a forum. You don't seem to get that from what I can tell.

I can't see Android Central being any better with dealing with such a vague question either. TBH

Though I see the original OP has changed. Originally you stated 'issue' and 'connectivity' which made me think of a technical problem. Your second line stating that it was bad on WP8.1 confused me. Providing no links to your concern made it unclear what you were on about. That's what 'having a conversation and asking questions' is all about. A forum is a place to communicate. You seem to have some issues with that.

Thinking about your original OP the only thing that comes to mind is the secure nature of WP where you only have access to certain folders. I don't see that changing and it so far hasn't changed in W10 TP. W10 mobile will probably not change that aspect of things.

If you're referring to any new features via a desktop app we don't know at this stage other than universal apps.

If this is what you were asking those are your answers. WP/W10 isn't Android. It will never be like Android in that regard. You won't gain access to areas that MS doesn't want you to have access to. It's very much like iPhone in that regard.

When I read a post, I only answer when the post makes sense to me.

Other's have replied with helpful information, thanks for your input but it isn't helpful or related to what I asked.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Other's have replied with helpful information, thanks for your input but it isn't helpful or related to what I asked.

Are you F'ing kidding me! You are either baiting people or confused.
Edit- apology offered. That was inappropriate. I do, however, think the poster you were responding to addressed your primary question quite well, considering it was somewhat confusing as to what exactly you needed to know. And unlike me, he was very nice about it...

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You're right. I'll do my best never to answer any of your posts again. :).

At least with other people when I ask clarification questions are nice and helpful. They seem to get that sometimes they may not be asking the question clearly. Mostly because English isn't their first language.

Can't say the same about you. You would rather be rude not just to me but to the team leader of the mods. Not very classy.

Hope you find what your searching for.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The question of the OP is also not very clear to my and the reply on the offered help is also not one which I like.
Anyhow I still will give it a try.

We get regular posts of people who have problems when they want to roll back using the LSRT or WSRT because the phone is not recognized. Keep trying, changing the USB cable, changing the used USB port or changing the used PC often helps.
So in that sense the "connectivity to a laptop/PC" is not 100% perfect but hard to say that this is WP 8.1 related or hardware or whatever.

You can not use and USB connection to tether an internet connection. So the connectivity for that is indeed 0.

If you have to copy large amount's of data between your PC and phone it will take a "long" time because it is a USB2 connection and not a USB3. But this is obvious hardware related.

If you mean the use of syncing your phones data with your PC then we regular get complains that Zune was much better. So a "better? sync software could be helpful.

If you mean that you only can make a backup from your apps and settings to the cloud and not to your PC then you may have a point.

If you mean that you can not use your PC to see text messages (or copy) and sent messages from your PC or something like that you also may have a point.

If you mean that if you copy stuff from your phone to your PC and the copy fails I never notices it.

If all above is not at all what your question is about then I also don't know how to help.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The question of the OP is also not very clear to my and the reply on the offered help is also not one which I like.
Anyhow I still will give it a try.

We get regular posts of people who have problems when they want to roll back using the LSRT or WSRT because the phone is not recognized. Keep trying, changing the USB cable, changing the used USB port or changing the used PC often helps.
So in that sense the "connectivity to a laptop/PC" is not 100% perfect but hard to say that this is WP 8.1 related or hardware or whatever.

You can not use and USB connection to tether an internet connection. So the connectivity for that is indeed 0.

If you have to copy large amount's of data between your PC and phone it will take a "long" time because it is a USB2 connection and not a USB3. But this is obvious hardware related.

If you mean the use of syncing your phones data with your PC then we regular get complains that Zune was much better. So a "better? sync software could be helpful.

If you mean that you only can make a backup from your apps and settings to the cloud and not to your PC then you may have a point.

If you mean that you can not use your PC to see text messages (or copy) and sent messages from your PC or something like that you also may have a point.

If you mean that if you copy stuff from your phone to your PC and the copy fails I never notices it.

If all above is not at all what your question is about then I also don't know how to help.
All they needed to do was to supply a link about their concern. Guess it was too much to ask?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
All they needed to do was to supply a link about their concern. Guess it was too much to ask?

I totally agree with you. But I guess it's all in his name.
So just keep up your good work and remember some people can not be helped.

(And I would also have asked to make the question more clear.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte