Is anyone else having extreme stability problems with 10080? I mean, I get it's a tech preview. I expect some issues. But I'm literally having to reboot several times a day. The last few days have been especially bad. No only are apps crashing but my touchscreen just completely stops responding on waking up and I'm forced to use the power and volume down buttons to force a reboot. At one point yesterday I had to reboot 5-6 times in the space of an hour or two and I've had to reboot twice today already for that same reason.

Is anyone else having that sort of an issue? I'm starting to wonder if it's not a hardware issue. It keeps activating the search without my touching it too. Speaking of search, Cortana is borked and just gives me a message that interests aren't available and I can't figure out how to get them back working. A lot of other apps will just stop working for no apparent reason and keep crashing to desktop. Some won't ever work any more, others work until they crash and decide to stop working. It's a serious hot mess. So, again, is anyone else having this many issues or is it just me?
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-28-2015 09:52 AM
    Sounds like you need to try a hard reset.
    You never mentioned your model phone?
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-28-2015 09:58 AM
    I've been having to hard reset all because my start screen won't load and I can't access apps or my phone runs out of storage. At least a hard reset a week on my 635
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-28-2015 10:48 AM
    Is anyone else having extreme stability problems with 10080? I mean, I get it's a tech preview. I expect some issues. But I'm literally having to reboot several times a day. The last few days have been especially bad. No only are apps crashing but my touchscreen just completely stops responding on waking up and I'm forced to use the power and volume down buttons to force a reboot. At one point yesterday I had to reboot 5-6 times in the space of an hour or two and I've had to reboot twice today already for that same reason.

Is anyone else having that sort of an issue? I'm starting to wonder if it's not a hardware issue. It keeps activating the search without my touching it too. Speaking of search, Cortana is borked and just gives me a message that interests aren't available and I can't figure out how to get them back working. A lot of other apps will just stop working for no apparent reason and keep crashing to desktop. Some won't ever work any more, others work until they crash and decide to stop working. It's a serious hot mess. So, again, is anyone else having this many issues or is it just me?
    Encountered the screen not responding issue as well on my Lumia 930.

Had to Soft Reset my phone few times per day... ​​
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-28-2015 11:02 AM
    Sorry, it's a 1520. I had to hard reset it when I first installed this build because I encountered the issue where it would never load the start screen.
    05-28-2015 03:50 PM
    Encountered the screen not responding issue as well on my Lumia 930.

Had to Soft Reset my phone few times per day... ​​
    Glad it's not just me then.
    05-28-2015 03:51 PM
    I'm not having too many major problems at all. In fact, I just started using it as my daily driver. Yes, there are issues and many things seem to lag quite badly but it is easy enough for me to live with on my 925. I rarely have to resort to a restart.
    05-29-2015 10:30 PM
    I only ran the last build for a few days to give enough feedback. But the stability and polish of 8.1 feel sooooo nice after being on the TP.
    jojoe42 and Nightwolf88 like this.
    05-29-2015 10:34 PM
    I own the tp on my 1520 its buggy as fxxx but cant complain since i ve been warned .. Now waiting for next build hoping for daily driver stability
    05-29-2015 10:40 PM
    Like already suggested try a hard reset. It does wonders. I do find the build 10080 to be a lot more stable and faster than earlier build, so they are definitely making good progress.

On my 1020 it's stable. The battery drain thou is killing the experience for me, so I'm rolling back since I probably won't see enough improvement before summer holiday, then the battery life is of higher priority then the new stuff

EDIT: i see you already did a hard reset, try another one. Sounds stupid but when i didn't do a clean update from 8.1 i needed 3(!) hard resets to get a good working TP.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-30-2015 04:17 AM
    This is test software, not for mainstream use.

Wait about 3 months if you want something to try on a daily phone.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-30-2015 08:37 AM
    Hard resetting doesn't do much.

The phone TPs will make you question if your hardware is failing. That is normal.

I only made it about two days on the last build before I rolled back.
    05-30-2015 03:05 PM