What do you guys think about new navigation keys for windows 10 mobile. I'm thinking why don't microsoft link the search (cortana) together and add a app switch. Essentially users will long press the windows key to access Cortana in supported and Bing in unsupported regions.

I know this is the same as on android, but having a app switch button makes multitasking faster and more convenient. Microsoft has already added a apps switching/multi desktop button to Windows 10, why not port it over windows 10 Mobile. insider-hub-cortana.png

It would also be great if they allowed users to customise the navigation keys, adding a few shortcuts here and there. And maybe allow developers to customise the navigation keys when users are in an app e.i. make them transparent, different colour e.t.c.

This entirely my opinion. Please vent or agree in the tread. If you disagree please say why (whyling simply because you can is not a reason)
    05-29-2015 06:13 PM
    Microsoft has the app switching enabled since the mango release, it's through the "long-press-back-button". Am I missing something here?
    Kram Sacul likes this.
    05-29-2015 06:21 PM
    Yeah, but the long press on the back button is confusing to many users, and can be slow at times. My friend recently came over to the microsoft world, he had the phone for almost 3 months, but were surprised when i showed him to switch apps using the back button... Also microsoft is trying to unify their operating systems, Windows 10 uses the multitasking button why not also implement in windows 10 mobile.

The new multitasking key can also take advantage of multi window apps on larger screened devices (The XL Lumias) if microsoft chooses to add the feature to Windows 10M
    05-29-2015 06:31 PM
    Agree with you.
    Marthinus Kotze1 likes this.
    05-29-2015 07:54 PM
    My friend recently came over to the microsoft world, he had the phone for almost 3 months, but were surprised when i showed him to switch apps using the back button
    Why would it be confusing? It's part of the OS feature that should not be ignored. How is that different than any other feature on the OS or even on any competing OS? For example, how would one know that double click on the home button opens multitasking on IOS? Unless someone is ignorant (not calling out on your friend or anyone in particular) I don't see any reason for anyone to miss out on core features of a device.
    05-30-2015 07:47 PM
    Why would it be confusing? It's part of the OS feature that should not be ignored. How is that different than any other feature on the OS or even on any competing OS? For example, how would one know that double click on the home button opens multitasking on IOS? Unless someone is ignorant (not calling out on your friend or anyone in particular) I don't see any reason for anyone to miss out on core features of a device.
    ^- this
    05-30-2015 08:00 PM