I installed windows 10 tp on my 1020. I was having problems updating apps- updates were not installing. I was having a long queue of apps waiting to be updated. So, i decided to hard reset the phone today. But after the hard reset, there are no apps for phonebook, messages and email. I wanted to hard reset the phone again, but settings too aren't available. Of course, i did lot's of soft reset to see whether i would be lucky for all the missing apps to bounce back, but that didn't yield any results. I'll be glad to have suggestions on how to fix these probs
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-31-2015 07:36 AM
    And now i tried nokia software recovery tool......'the available software is older....'
    05-31-2015 08:26 AM
    For these kind of issue there is no 100% tip which always works.
    You could do a hard reset (use the buttons) and hope for the best.
    Or roll back to 8.1 and try the update to W10 again.
    (And give it time. I would not have used the hard reset you used because the updates did not install.)
    Good luck.

How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA
    lawalhu and xandros9 like this.
    05-31-2015 08:29 AM
    And now i tried nokia software recovery tool......'the available software is older....'
    Use the WPRT see above link.
    And just accept what ever the tool is saying.

The tool may bring you back to CYAN and the you have to do a OTA update to get DENIM.
    lawalhu and prasath1234 like this.
    05-31-2015 08:33 AM
    Use the WPRT see above link.
    And just accept what ever the tool is saying.

The tool may bring you back to CYAN and the you have to do a OTA update to get DENIM.
    This. I can confirm that the tool will bring you to cyan and you need to update OTA to denim.
    You can then use in the store the 'my apps' list to get a full list of apps you ever had on your phone to easy install them back.
    Harrie-S, lawalhu and xandros9 like this.
    06-01-2015 04:28 AM
    The first thing you should have done is do a soft reset power button and volume down at the same time. That it has been reported in several places to download all your apps which had been seemingly stuck on pending update or reloading to all there. I experienced this my self on the second window 10 M TP. Is the 1020 your daily driver? If so I would recommend you roll back and not update to W10M TP. Wait for the final release. You'll be better off. The kinks and bugs will have been fixed.
    06-03-2015 11:45 AM
    My 1020 also have some issues, low battery even let the phone unable boot up, and feel everything slow, most important the camera function become weird, slow and cannot focus well.
    And I cannot back to WP8.1 just the recovery tool cannot find me an old image file.
    06-04-2015 04:36 AM
    My 1020 also have some issues, low battery even let the phone unable boot up, and feel everything slow, most important the camera function become weird, slow and cannot focus well.
    And I cannot back to WP8.1 just the recovery tool cannot find me an old image file.
    Welcome to Windows Central

Try using different USB cables, USB ports or even a different PC because this sounds as a "connection" problem.
    Furthermore a hard reset may help to get a more stable W10

Good luck..
    lawalhu likes this.
    06-04-2015 04:55 AM
    A hard reset has fixed the problems and improves the general performance of the phone. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    06-04-2015 08:15 AM
    Hey guys I just installed windows mobile 10 preview build 1080.plz tell me whether offline navigation with voice guidance functioning.For me no voice guidance is there when I use maps app.Plz help
    06-04-2015 01:05 PM