Rolled back to 8.1 now the touchscreen is broken

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Edit: Lumia 920

I have no idea how this even happened as i tried out windows 10 once before and rolled back to 8.1 successfully. However this time when it rebooted my touchscreen flat out doesnt respond at all. All the physical buttons and everything else works, i can see phone signal moving, the battery indicator works, volume buttons work, i can receive phonecalls (but cant answer them) etc.

So far ive tried:
1. Restoring with Windows phone recovery tool twice (once with sim, once without)
2. Hard reset with hardware combo
3. Restoring with Lumia recovery tool (re-downloaded firmware)
4. Flashing windows 8.0 on with NCS

All of these worked without a hitch, however touchscreen is still dead.

I dont know what to do now. Any advice?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
It sounds like somehow you have a hardware problem not a software/firmware problem. You may need to take it to a repair facility to have it opened up and examined and fixed. Maybe the cable or the touchscreen has com loose or broken somehow

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Its been working fine for 2 and a half years. The instant i restore from 10 to 8.1 it fails? Sounds like something software has caused something potentially hardware.

Also, how does the touch just stop working completely? Glass is still intact and screen still functions. Sounds like the digitizer came unplugged or something. Odd. Might have to open it up and take a look inside.

Wait.... how do i turn it off? Probably have to let it drain.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster