Windows mobile 10

hisham nasr

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
When Windows mobile 10 will released ( official ) ?? .. And I need to know , if my Lumia 1020 will have all Features of Windows 10 ?? .. Thank you 😊

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
We don't know. WindowsCentral is a fan based site with no affiliation to Microsoft.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

mgerbasio

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
From what I've read, it looks like October 2015 for the release date. I believe MS said it will run on all hardware that can run Win 8.1. I've seen a few articles saying phones with 512mB RAM will not have all the features; probably too early to tell right now.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 will also supports Continuum and as stated by Microsoft this needs new hardware.
Furthermore it will support Hello for which you need additional hardware(camera's).
So no your 1020 will not be able to use all W10 features.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Windows 10 will also supports Continuum and as stated by Microsoft this needs new hardware.
Furthermore it will support Hello for which you need additional hardware(camera's).
So no your 1020 will not be able to use all W10 features.

Continuum isn't for phones anyway.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

It is for newer phones, most probably flagship phones. It's when you can turn your phone into a full W10 pc with a mouse, keyboard, and another computer (for processing power and the display streaming)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Sorry what was that?

Not for phones you say? :winktongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oi1B9fjVs4

It is for newer phones, most probably flagship phones. It's when you can turn your phone into a full W10 pc with a mouse, keyboard, and another computer (for processing power and the display streaming)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I imagine it won't just be for flagships, but possible for upto Mid tier phones when docked?. Newer hardware is needed to drive two screens independently one of another. You can already Screen Mirror via Miracast so Continuum for Phones would just be an extension of that.

For others who may start jumping up and down about this and begin to throw their PC out their window in excitement :evil:.

However this doesn't mean it will replace a full fledged computer, it will just give a PC-like-experience which why Universal apps (well one of the reasons) will scale to adjust to the screen they are being displayed on. [More details in Joe Belfiore's video:wink:] .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)