Chat heads for facebook messenger

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey
I wanna ask , some said that it is not possible to have the chat head feature in wp8.1 because of missing API , is there any reason that it won't work in windows 10 ? I really find it annoying everyone having them , and I have to go to the already bad app :/

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not possible at this time because of security stuff and whatnot.

In Windows 10 I know that some restrictions are being relaxed, but whether it'll make chat heads possible isn't clear.
If its any consolation, iOS does not have chat heads either.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey
I wanna ask , some said that it is not possible to have the chat head feature in wp8.1 because of missing API , is there any reason that it won't work in windows 10 ? I really find it annoying everyone having them , and I have to go to the already bad app :/

There will never be chat heads. Even ios doesn't have chat heads. Only android gives that much freedom in the OS.

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I know it doesn't work in IOS, but iOS is already too restricted , windows phone is a bit better in that area , hope that chat heads could be used in windows 10 :/

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I know it doesn't work in IOS, but iOS is already too restricted , windows phone is a bit better in that area , hope that chat heads could be used in windows 10 :/

In this instance, nope. With the way Microsoft are sandboxing all the apps in the OS, it is impossible for facebook to add the feature. Not even windows 10 can do anything about it. However you can reply from the notification tray in windows 10 so that can compensate.

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
In this instance, nope. With the way Microsoft are sandboxing all the apps in the OS, it is impossible for facebook to add the feature. Not even windows 10 can do anything about it. However you can reply from the notification tray in windows 10 so that can compensate.

The problem is that if u used it , you'll really notice its absence and it is really annoying for me :/

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that if u used it , you'll really notice its absence and it is really annoying for me :/
Oh I've used it. Its awesome but if you use whatsapp or any other messenger app, there aren't chat heads. Do chat heads stop you from messaging others on Facebook? Sorry though, I wish Microsoft could work something out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos