Waiting Room for Windows 10 Mobile Build 10136

Status
Not open for further replies.

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My 10080 catastrophically failed suddenly yesterday, so no programs would load and wifi stopped functioning and stuff, so I downgraded to 8.1. Wow! It's so fast and things work! After 2 months on 10, 8.1 feels like the most amazing upgrade ever. I don't know if I'll go back to the 10 TP anytime soon, it's just so nice that things work. And I can finally use all the Band features I could never use before (I got the band after upgrading to the TP). Speed and Bluetooth finally working will be important things, so we'll see what 10136 brings. I do miss some features from 10, but there were more broken things than new things.

Yes! The exact same thing happened to me, very weird. The phone would connect to wi-fi only when it felt like it, and even when it did, the wi-fi toggle in the action center would sometimes appear to be toggled-off. If you wanted to go to settings to double-check the connectivity, the phone would be stuck on trying to load settings, which would then result in a crash/freeze. Trying to open any app was a challange, especially with Spartan, you'd have a guaranteed Loading/Freeze, which if you wanted to get out of by calling the multitasking (longpress on back), would result in unresponsive capacitive-keys so you'd have no choice but to soft reset. And after soft reset, cellular data would stop working for which you would need another reset, etc.. :) It was quite a nightmare.. And as you said, it started happening yesterday completely out of nowhere, I was suspecting I had done some physical damage to the phone. It is very interesting to see that multiple people started seeing these exact issues on the exact same day. (I'm on a L920 btw)

I also downgraded to 8.1 and it is like heaven right now :) However I will be upgrading to 10136 since it is said to be quite stable (even Gabe uses it as his daily driver)

dev-marcel

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Never ever use WPRT for older phones such as 920/820/1020/720/520/620/925. use Lumia software recovery tool instead
the LSRT has the same problems as the WPRT. Your phone will not detect or will detected but the process doesn't working. Sometimes you need to try all USB-Ports on your Computer/Notebook to find someone that works. I don't think that's a Problem of the WPRT.

sorry for my bad english but i hope you understand what i mean :)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
No, I have used LSRT to revert my 920 from 10080 to 8.1 Denim update. Although, it says like that LSRT works fine with older Lumia phones, it works fine with newer Lumia phones too. Also at the same time, wprt was unable to detect my phone. I know it, because I tried it. So my recommendation is first try LSRT, if it doesn't see your Lumia then try WPSRT.

So far, I have tested LSRT with 920 and 930, and it works perfect.

In my case, both LSRT and WPRT were able to detect my phone; however I used WPRT to downgrade and it worked like charm.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
OK so pushed back to 8.1 using the Microsoft tool as opposed to the Lumia seemed to work ok. Enrolled in the insider fast programme and received two updates one additional language the other prep for the insider and now its says we have no updates. This I guess is good and means I am ready for the good times to roll.

So lets roll people.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I also rolled my Lumia 920 back to wp8.1, after a lot of effort. The Lumia recovery tool worked but the one Microsoft provides always crushes or doesn't work.

Truthfully I don't miss the wp8.1 and I miss windows 10 even though the many bugs it had. I loved it's fresh look, the new UI and all the new features it brought...

I hope the new build is coming in a couple hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo