06-17-2015 03:47 AM
513 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    where you able to find solution on this one? Settings app on my phone is missing. TIA
    06-16-2015 05:08 PM
    This was the hardware hard reset path for the lumia icon. may work the same for other lumias. I did the hard reset and I swear this feels like a totally different operating system compared to the upgrade path. (Did not restore any backups)

1. Turn the power Off.
    2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger or the USB cable with PC, for about 8 seconds, you will see an exclamation mark (!) on the screen. Note: If you do not press any of the following keys, then the phone wp8 will starts boot normally.
    Then press the keys in this exact order:
    1. Volume up
    2. Volume down
    3. Power
    4. Volume down
    The phone will reset and restart. Please note this may take a few minutes.
    All data will be lost!
    astrodub likes this.
    06-16-2015 05:30 PM
    Updated my 1520... working great so far... much better than the last version. I just wish I could pin separate mail accounts to the start screen like the old mail.
    I think that u can do that I've read about it on wmpoweruser
    mikepalma likes this.
    06-16-2015 05:37 PM
    Would also like to add that once you are up and running check for updates. My icon is currently downloading and installing 29 updates from the beta store and quite a few of them are system updates.
    chintsen likes this.
    06-16-2015 05:44 PM
    Updated my 1520... working great so far... much better than the last version. I just wish I could pin separate mail accounts to the start screen like the old mail.

Go to each account and long press, a flyout menu will be popped up and select Pin to start.
    06-16-2015 05:52 PM
    I have no store beta app, hence no Edge, Outlook, Calendar or any other new apps. Doing a default now to see if it clears it up.

This version's polish is certainly noticeable over last preview. It's not perfect but it's better.
    06-16-2015 06:09 PM
    Just a quick update on some of the issues I'm experiencing on 10136 on the HTC One M8:

1) Can't install the Music app (says already installed). I was able to install Music Preview, although not sure if this is the latest version.
    2) Tile wallpaper/background images are very blurry.
    3) Action center sometimes doesn't respond to input (ie, dragging down)
    4) Some apps slow to load, especially the new universal MSN apps.
    5) Can't seem to set sounds for individual notifications (ie, like messages, emails, etc.). Not sure if this was moved or if it's actually a bug.
    06-16-2015 06:10 PM
    After resetting my phone I now have a full screen of tiles compared to a bit ago when they was all mashed up all over the place, but the phone app now loads up.

A few issues so far are that.

1. Apps can take a tad longer to open up.
    2. Loading all my music took awhile to add within the Music app.
    3. Touch is a bit speedy, but not a big issue atm.

Overall this is much better than the last preview and will most probably continue to use it on my main phone for the time being.

Weird thing I did notice is that i was looking for the Cortana app but I found it on the Search app.
    06-16-2015 06:18 PM
    Yes you'll need 10080 to install 10136... Gabrial Aul clarified it in one of its tweet
    No you won't. All you need is 8.1 gdr2. That's what I upgraded from and it's running smooth as butter.
    06-16-2015 06:31 PM
    Sure thing! It's not my primary device so I'm not too worried. I'm currently at the 'We're getting there.." screen as it does the data migration.. so i'm close.
    How is it?
    06-16-2015 06:43 PM
    So overall is this build okay to try out on your main device ?
    06-16-2015 06:43 PM
    And are the any 928 users out there?
    06-16-2015 06:44 PM
    thx! works on the 925.. was not able to open the settings after the upgrade. will let you guys know if it helps
    06-16-2015 06:44 PM
    To those upgrading...

"For those of you that do choose to make the jump to this build it is SUPER IMPORTANT TO READ THIS: At the end of the upgrade the Lock screen will appear frozen without the date and time for up to 10 minutes. Please be patient and let it sit eventually the date and time will appear and it will allow you to unlock your phone. There is a post-upgrade migration status screen missing, which normally would show you that it was making progress. If you get impatient and restart or mess with locking/unlocking your phone, youll wind up in a funky state so just relax and let it do its thing."
    06-16-2015 07:00 PM
    ok... I think I may have ruined my 1520 :(

The phone was almost towards the end of the spinning gears when my battery died and now it's stuck in a loop. Every time I plug it in the charger, it boots up then goes straight to the spinning gears. Seconds later, it reboots since the battery doesn't have a full charge. I tried getting to the exclamation screen to see if it will charge without going to the spinning gears again, but no luck...

Any ideas??
    06-16-2015 07:07 PM
    Please help, im done updating but was only giving me resuming/loading screen. I have done hard reset multiple times but still no luck. TIA
    Last edited by HungryPotter21; 06-16-2015 at 07:30 PM.
    prelude2 likes this.
    06-16-2015 07:20 PM
    Just installed windows 10 build 10136 on my lumia 535, so far its better and usable. There was a problem with Music app first, but then it took around 60 minutes to settle everything down.
    The only problem im facing is that error messages of any app cannot be seen. The screen dims but there's no dialogue box on the top, just a little mark on the top left. This problem is just in portrait mode, the dialogue box is displayed once I get in the landscape mode. This is happening in the photos app, messaging app and almost everywhere, the low battery notification as well.
    Is anyone facing a similar issue on any other device?? I think this is a scaling issue:
    06-16-2015 07:26 PM
    This was the hardware hard reset path for the lumia icon. may work the same for other lumias. I did the hard reset and I swear this feels like a totally different operating system compared to the upgrade path. (Did not restore any backups)

1. Turn the power Off.
    2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger or the USB cable with PC, for about 8 seconds, you will see an exclamation mark (!) on the screen. Note: If you do not press any of the following keys, then the phone wp8 will starts boot normally.
    Then press the keys in this exact order:
    1. Volume up
    2. Volume down
    3. Power
    4. Volume down
    The phone will reset and restart. Please note this may take a few minutes.
    All data will be lost!
    I haven't tried hard resetting yet. Was there a change in the overall performance of the OS after a hard reset/clean install?
    06-16-2015 07:29 PM
    Piece of ****, no other way to put it.... I installed 10080 and had a endless loading screen, went back to 8.1, Tried this build on my ICON, endless reboot loop...

Phone boots, see the Windows logo for a split second, goes to gears, shuts off after 10 seconds, hit the power button and rinse and repeat....

Tried to hard reset, no matter what I tried (following above directions), I would never get a exclamation point, tried about 10 times (I have done it before, so, know how it's done)

After 2 attempts will fully NON-WORKING phones, I guess I am done for a while. I guess I need to see very little posts with install issues and hear the word "stable" before I attempt it again...

Lumia Software Recovery tool is my savior !
    06-16-2015 07:29 PM
    Does this work on ICON?
    06-16-2015 07:39 PM
    Does this work on ICON?
    It works on my 930. Same hardware as an Icon
    06-16-2015 07:39 PM
    Would also like to add that once you are up and running check for updates. My icon is currently downloading and installing 29 updates from the beta store and quite a few of them are system updates.
    So does the ICON work good with this update?
    06-16-2015 07:40 PM
    I went to windowsphone.com and did a hard reset from there. Now everything seems to be okay.
    06-16-2015 07:46 PM
    Please help, im done updating but was only giving me resuming/loading screen. I have done hard reset multiple times but still no luck. TIA
    The same to me. I have to use Lumia Recovery Tool. Now, I am on 8.1 :)
    06-16-2015 07:48 PM
    After resetting my phone I now have a full screen of tiles compared to a bit ago when they was all mashed up all over the place, but the phone app now loads up.

A few issues so far are that.

1. Apps can take a tad longer to open up.
    2. Loading all my music took awhile to add within the Music app.
    3. Touch is a bit speedy, but not a big issue atm.

Overall this is much better than the last preview and will most probably continue to use it on my main phone for the time being.

Weird thing I did notice is that i was looking for the Cortana app but I found it on the Search app.
    Sometimes it takes a while for the phone to settle down after an upgrade or restore. Hopefully the performance will get faster.
    06-16-2015 07:54 PM
513 ... 1617181920 ...