Waiting Room for Windows 10 Mobile Build 10136

Status
Not open for further replies.

chintsen

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I have 1520 and would like to upgrade to 10136 but want to have your opinion about the quality of the build. Don't want to upgrade if it is like 10080

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I like that no one reads the previous posts. The build is not out yet and Gabe tweeted it would take them about 24 hours to get it ready... so most likely tomorrow.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
wp_ss_20150615_0001-thumb.jpg

Guys, I downgraded to Windows 8.1 on my Lumia 1520 on AT&T. Then installed the Windows Insider App and checked for the upgrades.

Currently my OS version shows 10.0.12562.84

This one is pretty smooth

Last edited:

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
10080 has been driving me nuts on my 1520 daily driver but I like seeing the progress from build to build. its been bearable for the last few weeks with at least one reboot a day to clear any problems I have. But today it has been possessed so I was happy to see the next build might require a rollback to 8.1 first. I took the plunge and rolled back and will eagerly await 10136 and get a day or two of a stable phone again until it comes.

Glenn Ruysschaert

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Just rolled back to 8.1. The current build was driving me mad, I was trying to add someone's phone number but the people hub doesn't start (instantly crashes), so I tried inputting it via the dialer but that froze everytime as well. So then I told the person to text me so I'd have their number, which caused my phone to crash and reboot three times in a row when trying to open the messaging app. This caused my SD card to be damaged, so I ejected it and voila, the phone worked fine again without SD card. I rolled back to 8.1 so my SD card doesnt get completely destroyed and make my phone useable again. Hopefully I wont encounter this again with the next build :smile:

Sunparm

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Guys, good news for those of us who are waiting for build 10136, we will be getting this build soon enough to test on our devices.
gabe.jpg:

Sunparm

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
We might see a new build as well if we do not want to roll back to 8.1. Instead we can just wait for few more weeks and can straight away update to build 10145(this is what being called) which is internally being tested.

Capture.PNG

im.thatoneguy

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the computer saw it fine. Windows Repair would see it but then sit on "Reading phone information...." for over an hour with no progress. So I tried Nokia and that didn't see it at all but I just tried the directions on this forum post:

Which involved deleting the USB Device entries for "Nokia 909" in the device manager and re-installing Nokia Recovery Tool. Now Nokia sees it and is downloading the update so fingers crossed after all.

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
10080 has been driving me nuts on my 1520 daily driver but I like seeing the progress from build to build. its been bearable for the last few weeks with at least one reboot a day to clear any problems I have. But today it has been possessed so I was happy to see the next build might require a rollback to 8.1 first. I took the plunge and rolled back and will eagerly await 10136 and get a day or two of a stable phone again until it comes.

I'm so glad it's not just me. It literally is completely broken as a phone. I'm going to have to try to roll back. No way can I hold out with it now.

nukesheart1520

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
crap, I was about to sleep last night when I read the upcoming Build 10136...so i installed the Windows Insider before I go to sleep..and when I woke up, my phone is ready to install build 10080. T_T

I know the only way to prevent it from installing is to do a hard reset, or rollback after the update..but..meh. T_T

jive_inc

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi All! I "was" on Windows 8.1 GDR2 on my Lumia 1520. I installed Windows Insider and did an update and now am on OS Version: 8.10.15137.148. I am posting because I do not know if this is the one we have all been waiting on...... thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo