Waiting Room for Windows 10 Mobile Build 10136

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes! The exact same thing happened to me, very weird. The phone would connect to wi-fi only when it felt like it, and even when it did, the wi-fi toggle in the action center would sometimes appear to be toggled-off. If you wanted to go to settings to double-check the connectivity, the phone would be stuck on trying to load settings, which would then result in a crash/freeze. Trying to open any app was a challange, especially with Spartan, you'd have a guaranteed Loading/Freeze, which if you wanted to get out of by calling the multitasking (longpress on back), would result in unresponsive capacitive-keys so you'd have no choice but to soft reset. And after soft reset, cellular data would stop working for which you would need another reset, etc.. :) It was quite a nightmare.. And as you said, it started happening yesterday completely out of nowhere, I was suspecting I had done some physical damage to the phone. It is very interesting to see that multiple people started seeing these exact issues on the exact same day. (I'm on a L920 btw)

I also downgraded to 8.1 and it is like heaven right now :) However I will be upgrading to 10136 since it is said to be quite stable (even Gabe uses it as his daily driver)

same exact thing for me as well. been running 10080 since it was realeased for my lumia icon on Verizon. had the usual daily problems but never like what just happened, it was completely unusable after no significant change or update to any specific apps or settings. went back to 8.1 as well in light of 10136 and realizing how much I've missed the efficiency. was debating on 10136, I might wait for one day to see what people say.

Anthony2k14

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Interesting the amount of problems people had with 10080 yesterday. I wonder if a certificate expired or something breaking signed apps maybe? Curious timing though - especially as there is still no sign of 10136 either.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been running a second Lumia Icon with the Win10 10080 and 8.1 on my daily driver. Reverted to 8.1 on the second Icon today in hopes of the 10136 update coming soon!

corngolio

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Exactly the same problem here with my 930. Since yesterday it "out of the blue" stoped working on Wifi/Bluetooth. Apps crashing and having to soft reset 10 times per day. Since I am not alone its either an issue with 10080 "millenium bug :) " or MS pushed a kinde of update that I missed (should approve all updated before install) or its a virus ... anyone an idea?

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
My 10080 catastrophically failed suddenly yesterday, so no programs would load and wifi stopped functioning and stuff, so I downgraded to 8.1. Wow! It's so fast and things work! After 2 months on 10, 8.1 feels like the most amazing upgrade ever. I don't know if I'll go back to the 10 TP anytime soon, it's just so nice that things work. And I can finally use all the Band features I could never use before (I got the band after upgrading to the TP). Speed and Bluetooth finally working will be important things, so we'll see what 10136 brings. I do miss some features from 10, but there were more broken things than new things.

Mine too! It went berserk. This can't be a coincidence that people's phone's start acting up at the same time. I have a Lumia 1520, now I rolled back to 8.1 because 10080 completely broke yesterday.

Yes! The exact same thing happened to me, very weird. The phone would connect to wi-fi only when it felt like it, and even when it did, the wi-fi toggle in the action center would sometimes appear to be toggled-off. If you wanted to go to settings to double-check the connectivity, the phone would be stuck on trying to load settings, which would then result in a crash/freeze. Trying to open any app was a challange, especially with Spartan, you'd have a guaranteed Loading/Freeze, which if you wanted to get out of by calling the multitasking (longpress on back), would result in unresponsive capacitive-keys so you'd have no choice but to soft reset. And after soft reset, cellular data would stop working for which you would need another reset, etc.. :) It was quite a nightmare.. And as you said, it started happening yesterday completely out of nowhere, I was suspecting I had done some physical damage to the phone. It is very interesting to see that multiple people started seeing these exact issues on the exact same day. (I'm on a L920 btw)

I also downgraded to 8.1 and it is like heaven right now :) However I will be upgrading to 10136 since it is said to be quite stable (even Gabe uses it as his daily driver)

same exact thing for me as well. been running 10080 since it was realeased for my lumia icon on Verizon. had the usual daily problems but never like what just happened, it was completely unusable after no significant change or update to any specific apps or settings. went back to 8.1 as well in light of 10136 and realizing how much I've missed the efficiency. was debating on 10136, I might wait for one day to see what people say.

Interesting the amount of problems people had with 10080 yesterday. I wonder if a certificate expired or something breaking signed apps maybe? Curious timing though - especially as there is still no sign of 10136 either.

Exactly the same problem here with my 930. Since yesterday it "out of the blue" stoped working on Wifi/Bluetooth. Apps crashing and having to soft reset 10 times per day. Since I am not alone its either an issue with 10080 "millenium bug :) " or MS pushed a kinde of update that I missed (should approve all updated before install) or its a virus ... anyone an idea?

Interesting. Something DEFINITELY happened with 10080 yesterday that broke it for a lot of people. My phone has become completely unusable. Texting? Forget it, not sending or receiving anything. Can't even open messaging. I can receive calls, not sure about making them since the people hub has been broken since I set up 10080. Very curious. It has to be something on the back end unless they're pushing updates that don't show up under updates.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Looks like they took 10080 off the table. I rolled back my 930 & 635 last night to 8.1. Signed into Windows insider with my 635 this morning and got the denim update and a Windows Insider Fast ring configuration update. Guess the new W10TP version will be next, but nothing yet.

Glenn Ruysschaert

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. Something DEFINITELY happened with 10080 yesterday that broke it for a lot of people. My phone has become completely unusable. Texting? Forget it, not sending or receiving anything. Can't even open messaging. I can receive calls, not sure about making them since the people hub has been broken since I set up 10080. Very curious. It has to be something on the back end unless they're pushing updates that don't show up under updates.
What 'fixed' it for me was removing the SD card and rebooting without it. Then the phone worked quite okay, whenever I put the SD card back it it started acting up again. Strangely enough, after some reboots without knowing this fix, the phone kept prompting me the SD card was broken. It asked me to scan the card, which I did but it only scnnaed for about 3 seconds and then stop and start acting up again, hence why I removed the SD card which seemed to fix the issues. I couldnt live without the SD card so reverted back to 8.1

zandos

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Looks like they took 10080 off the table. I rolled back my 930 & 635 last night to 8.1. Signed into Windows insider with my 635 this morning and got the denim update and a Windows Insider Fast ring configuration update. Guess the new W10TP version will be next, but nothing yet.
I was wondering about that! So you suggest me to enroll and just wait for the new built?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering about that! So you suggest me to enroll and just wait for the new built?

I honestly never recommend anyone do something based on my phone experiences. Your phone my do something completely different. If you are hesitant about enrolling in and running the Insider app, just wait until you see confirmation(they will post that here at Windows Central) that it is downloading the new 10136 version.
That's why I'm not doing it on my 930 yet.

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Thats what i?m doing right now. Gabe Aul pulled the 10080 Build from the update servers yesterday and with a bit of luck 10136 could be available in a few hours for 8.1 users.

zandos

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I honestly never recommend anyone do something based on my phone experiences. Your phone my do something completely different. If you are hesitant about enrolling in and running the Insider app, just wait until you see confirmation(they will post that here at Windows Central) that it is downloading the new 10136 version.
That's why I'm not doing it on my 930 yet.
Well. I just did.... There was only one configuration update. 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077