Waiting Room for Windows 10 Mobile Build 10136

Status
Not open for further replies.

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm going back to WP8.1. I can't launch phone app, messaging and people app are missing, they don't show in all app list, my phone is unlocking every 5 secons when I lock it, start screen doesn't fit my screen. When I press unlock button lockscreen is just black and then it unlocks the phone. I know this is preview build but they can't implement basic functions like calling and messaging. Well done Microsoft.

chetan_jangid826

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm going back to WP8.1. I can't launch phone app, messaging and people app is missing, they don't show in all app list, my phone is unlocking every 5 secons when I lock it, start screen doesn't fit my screen. I know this is preview build but they can't implement basic functions like calling and messaging. Well done Microsoft.

Same here. Im reverting back to 8.1 and from now I will stick to 8.1 until offical final build is released..

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Try hard resetting. I always run into those weird issues when I update to W10 TP. Hard reset clears most of those type of issues associated with migrating apps.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why people that are clearly not prepared to test software insist on installing beta/alpha software and then complain that it doesn't work properly.

Patricio Sanchez

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
People install this, play with it for 5 minutes... panic and complain. Give it a try, download all the apps updates, do hard resets if you think you need... don't just give up and give bad advice to others.

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why people that are clearly not prepared to test software insist on installing beta/alpha software and then complain that it doesn't work properly.

I've been insider since first release and I understand that this is beta software but in 5 months of development I can't make calls on my phone..

chetan_jangid826

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been insider since first release and I understand that this is beta software but in 5 months of development I can't make calls on my phone..

Exactly.. These builds are developing at a very slow pace. Even after hard resetting after the upgrade, basic functions dont work as it should.. App response is not good enough..

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Then don't use it on the phone you use to make calls. If you want to test the software test it in a device in which it's not a deal breaker for you if something doesn't work properly.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
For any wondering whether to try build 10136, I’ve been playing around with it for a few hours and my initial Impressions are that it works great so far. Not having some of the problems that others are experiencing, such as missing apps, not being able to make calls, etc. My advice is to make sure you do 2 things after installing the latest build: do a hard reset to remove those strange bugs associated with migrating data, and make sure to get the latest app updates from the new Store. There were lots of updates for core apps, such as People, Outlook, etc.

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Then don't use it on the phone you use to make calls. If you want to test the software test it in a device in which it's not a deal breaker for you if something doesn't work properly.

I agree with you but these build are developing very slowly. They are working on it for 5 months (or maybe even longer) so you would expect that some basic functions work as expected.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
But when you cant complete basic functions throughout the OS, it makes it hard for you to give much feedback on things as far as how things should work or how this or that should look, or what new features should be included onto a certain function, because if barely anything works then we don't even know where MS is taking this or that function, because we can't even open or initiate it.

Were to busy telling MS this doesn't open, and this crashes every 10 seconds which is what they should already know if they are themselves using the software also. Instead things should be working at least somewhat better so that we can give more helpful feedback in ways that MS might not know is needed such as we need an extra toggle here, or this needs an icon, or that should work differently

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Installed it on my backup L635 and the changes in the UI and stability is noticeable. Playing with it for around 15 minutes, this is what I notice so far:

1. The Store Beta app is now faster and has the same background color (black or white) that is chosen as part of the theme. The Store Beta tile now looks like it is meant to be instead of huge and ugly-looking.
2. The background picture now moves parallax with the translucent tiles but do not do the same when in the All Apps section. It just gets darker and still.
3. The shortcut icons in the Action Center is now looking like the theme of W10.
4. Overall, it feels smoother than previous builds with more UI tweaks

Strongly considering putting this build on my daily driver L1520. I'll play with it more on my L635.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte