Waiting Room for Windows 10 Mobile Build 10136

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei Neculai

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Works good so far on my lumia 930. Didn't run into many bugs. A bit slow sometimes but other than that it works. Some lives tiles are still blurry and other icons. FAcebook and some other apps do not show live updates though which kind of sucks.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you but these build are developing very slowly. They are working on it for 5 months (or maybe even longer) so you would expect that some basic functions work as expected.
To clarify myself a little bit since it may look that I was saying that no one should post about their problems/issues/feedback/etc....

What I am saying is not that people should not report what's going wrong with their phones (since there seems to be someone, not you, with comprehension issues). That is after all one of the most important things when testing something: report what's wrong so it can be fixed.

What I am saying instead is people have to be prepared for EVERYTHING to go wrong. We cannot (should not) take shots at a company because an alpha/beta build that they gave us doesn't work in whatever way we expected. Even if it is the most basic thing. Everything can and will go wrong.

If nothing works in the build then that's fine (in a rhetorical sense). Report it. No need to name call Microsoft (not saying you did it but I have seen people that have) or their employees because that is part of software development. There are cases and scenarios where nothing will work. Devs and internal testers cannot catch everything. I am a software engineer and I work in much MUCH smaller scale projects and we still miss stuff that gets released all the time. A bug free build of alpha/beta software will never happen (or even finished software for that matter). Keeping an open mind and being able to provide level headed feedback is key to keep this thing moving forward.

In the case of people where they cannot do anything then I strongly suggest that they stop installing unfinished builds in their main phones and only do so in back up phones. That way if nothing works they can report that nothing works and it doesn't affect their daily usage of their main device and they will avoid a ton of frustration.

sealuva

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone having issues sending attachments in the messaging app? Text messages with no attachment go through but not with an attachment since upgrading to this new build.

Kizzy Catwoman

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have updated. Bought my phone in France and it installed it in French. Had to install English and German separately. Cortana comes up as unavailabme in my region so I have not got quiet hours. Twitter had to be uninstalled and reinstalled to work. Had uninstalled skype before upgrading and reinstalled that. Under settings I cannot open the setting for email and accounts. Just crashes and doesn't open. Also when I click on all settings in notifications it asks me to install an app from the store. Did same for a few settinga as well. No option for 4G under sim and mobile settings just 3G.

Data sense no option to set a limit yet. Cannot install language speech packs as they error and fail to download.

Will try to get cortana by changing region as I use her too often but this build seems pretty solid and most of the bugs are minor. Missing the quick action for turning mobile data on and off. That needs to come back.

I will have to send all this through the feedback app. Anyone else having these issues? Installed on 640XL dual sim LTE

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Won't a Hard Reset wipe everything and put you back to Factory Settings? HOw exactly does one do the Reset?

Yes it will. It will wipe everything. To hard reset go to settings and find the screen that displays the information about your phone (I can't tell you exactly where it is since I am also in the middle of a hard reset and my backup device is dead). In there there will be a button to reset your phone.

Edit: It will be Settings -> System -> About -> Reset your phone.

Rakesh Sanathan

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I cant find the settings on my phone after the upgrade. When I click on All settings from Action Center, it says search for an app in the store. How do I hard reset my phone without getting to settings?

Andrei Neculai

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I do not know if someone else mentioned but if you can't call, be sure to pin the phone application again to the start screen. It will work, the pinned phone application is still the old one but it's not supported on windows 10 so you need to pin the new one.

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
To clarify myself a little bit since it may look that I was saying that no one should post about their problems/issues/feedback/etc....

What I am saying is not that people should not report what's going wrong with their phones (since there seems to be someone, not you, with comprehension issues). That is after all one of the most important things when testing something: report what's wrong so it can be fixed.

What I am saying instead is people have to be prepared for EVERYTHING to go wrong. We cannot (should not) take shots at a company because an alpha/beta build that they gave us doesn't work in whatever way we expected. Even if it is the most basic thing. Everything can and will go wrong.

If nothing works in the build then that's fine (in a rhetorical sense). Report it. No need to name call Microsoft (not saying you did it but I have seen people that have) or their employees because that is part of software development. There are cases and scenarios where nothing will work. Devs and internal testers cannot catch everything. I am a software engineer and I work in much MUCH smaller scale projects and we still miss stuff that gets released all the time. A bug free build of alpha/beta software will never happen (or even finished software for that matter). Keeping an open mind and being able to provide level headed feedback is key to keep this thing moving forward.

In the case of people where they cannot do anything then I strongly suggest that they stop installing unfinished builds in their main phones and only do so in back up phones. That way if nothing works they can report that nothing works and it doesn't affect their daily usage of their main device and they will avoid a ton of frustration.

Again, I agree with you because I'm windows developer too. I'm just little disappointed about development speed of these build. Anyway I fixed all of my issues by doing hard reset. Did anyone notice that if you swipe down from the top in action center toggles will expand. Nice feature. :)

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I cant find the settings on my phone after the upgrade. When I click on All settings from Action Center, it says search for an app in the store. How do I hard reset my phone without getting to settings?

Hahaha, now that's funny bug (don't mean to laugh at your situation but you have to admit it is a little funny). I wonder if the settings need some sort of update before they run. I would let the phone sit for a few minutes and try again. If it definitely does not work after a while then to hard reset your phone it depends on the model but there is usually a button combination that will do it. I suggest you bing something like:

hard reset lumia xyz.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Again, I agree with you because I'm windows developer too. I'm just little disappointed about development speed of these build. Anyway I fixed all of my issues by doing hard reset. Did anyone notice that if you swipe down from the top in action center toggles will expand. Nice feature. :)

I think part of the problem is that they were focused in the desktop OS and just now they are switching gears to the mobile OS.

Bruno Blanes

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
On my L930 everytime since the last build I have to ******* reset it and lose everything before installing Windows 10 or else my phone will go into na infinite restart loop!

Rakesh Sanathan

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
It is kinda funny. I cant find any system app on my phone. Settings, IE, Messaging and a lot of others. I let my phone sit there for more than one hour and nothing changed. I may have to reset it from Find My Phone section on Windowsphone.com.

duckydan

Oct 9, 2007
Visit site
So... hopefully someone can help me. I installed the build on my Lumia 640XL. Unfortunately when it came back everything was in Chinese and I cannot figure out how to change the language or region settings to English.

Mac211

May 20, 2015
Visit site
After playing around with this new preview it feels a lot faster than other previews running on my L535. It feels a little sluggish at times but overall it is a big improvement over the last update.

Just resetting my phone atm cause all my tiles are all over the place and a couple of issues like the phone app wouldn't open so had to go through the people app to test a phone call to a friend as a Guinea Pig. :D

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It is kinda funny. I cant find any system app on my phone. Settings, IE, Messaging and a lot of others. I let my phone sit there for more than one hour and nothing changed. I may have to reset it from Find My Phone section on Windowsphone.com.

Just do a soft reset by holding the down volume and the power button till it restarts.

Kenan Accar

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
i have same problem: infinite restart loop ... is not there any solution without hard reseting ? have very important infos in the phone : /

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I do notice the 520 gets really hot. It never did that before. There's some random lag here and there.

My guess is that their internal builds are much different than the ones that are passed down to marketing and testers. It's possible the team responsible for UI got a new build to play with and then they made the appropriate changes and they got approved for testing and was tested internally and then released it to the tech preview. In the meantime the engineers might be much further ahead but only specific builds can be released for whatever reason.

I think when releasing builds they want to show off UI changes so i'm sure it's highly dependent on that.

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site

Someone mentioned that these apps must be updated through the new store so you should try finding them there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb