Waiting Room for Windows 10 Mobile Build 10136

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prudhvi Raj

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
i have same problem: infinite restart loop ... is not there any solution without hard reseting ? have very important infos in the phone : /

my lumia 620 is on a restart loop at the spinning cogs... :(
its the 10th time its restarting... i'm worried

edit: its happening the 25th time now.. looks like i have to use WPRT to bring my phone back to normalcy

Last edited:

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Updated my 1520... working great so far... much better than the last version. I just wish I could pin separate mail accounts to the start screen like the old mail.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
This was the hardware hard reset path for the lumia icon. may work the same for other lumias. I did the hard reset and I swear this feels like a totally different operating system compared to the upgrade path. (Did not restore any backups)

1. Turn the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger or the USB cable with PC, for about 8 seconds, you will see an exclamation mark (!) on the screen. Note: If you do not press any of the following keys, then the phone wp8 will starts boot normally.
Then press the keys in this exact order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down
The phone will reset and restart. Please note this may take a few minutes.
All data will be lost!

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Would also like to add that once you are up and running check for updates. My icon is currently downloading and installing 29 updates from the beta store and quite a few of them are system updates.

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have no store beta app, hence no Edge, Outlook, Calendar or any other new apps. Doing a default now to see if it clears it up.

This version's polish is certainly noticeable over last preview. It's not perfect but it's better.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Just a quick update on some of the issues I'm experiencing on 10136 on the HTC One M8:

1) Can't install the Music app (says already installed). I was able to install Music Preview, although not sure if this is the latest version.
2) Tile wallpaper/background images are very blurry.
3) Action center sometimes doesn't respond to input (ie, dragging down)
4) Some apps slow to load, especially the new universal MSN apps.
5) Can't seem to set sounds for individual notifications (ie, like messages, emails, etc.). Not sure if this was moved or if it's actually a bug.

Mac211

May 20, 2015
Visit site
After resetting my phone I now have a full screen of tiles compared to a bit ago when they was all mashed up all over the place, but the phone app now loads up.

A few issues so far are that.

1. Apps can take a tad longer to open up.
2. Loading all my music took awhile to add within the Music app.
3. Touch is a bit speedy, but not a big issue atm.

Overall this is much better than the last preview and will most probably continue to use it on my main phone for the time being.

Weird thing I did notice is that i was looking for the Cortana app but I found it on the Search app.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
To those upgrading...

"For those of you that do choose to make the jump to this build it is SUPER IMPORTANT TO READ THIS: At the end of the upgrade the Lock screen will appear frozen without the date and time for up to 10 minutes. Please be patient and let it sit ? eventually the date and time will appear and it will allow you to unlock your phone. There is a post-upgrade migration status screen missing, which normally would show you that it was making progress. If you get impatient and restart or mess with locking/unlocking your phone, you?ll wind up in a funky state ? so just relax and let it do its thing."

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
ok... I think I may have ruined my 1520 :(

The phone was almost towards the end of the spinning gears when my battery died and now it's stuck in a loop. Every time I plug it in the charger, it boots up then goes straight to the spinning gears. Seconds later, it reboots since the battery doesn't have a full charge. I tried getting to the exclamation screen to see if it will charge without going to the spinning gears again, but no luck...

Any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss