Is call vibration improved in Windows 10 mobile?

Srikanth3d

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
When a call is received, in WP 8.1, Phone vibrates only during start of ringtone. There is no continuous vibration. I lost many calls due to this.
In Windows 10 mobile, is the problem solved?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Weird, my 920 vibrate continuously (in a vibration pattern of two sets of two). I've seen a thread before like that, and I'm not sure why that is.

Whats the ringtone you're using?

Srikanth3d

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Weird, my 920 vibrate continuously (in a vibration pattern of two sets of two). I've seen a thread before like that, and I'm not sure why that is.

Whats the ringtone you're using?

I am using a ringtone from a song in a movie. Ringtone is around 40 seconds.
When ringtone is short, like Nokia tune, since ringtone repeats 2-3 times, phone vibrates more times.
When ringtone is long, it vibrate only once-at the start of ringtone.

Is yours short ringtone?

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I think windows phone is set to VIBRATE AND THEN RING which makes vibration just before the ringtone.
So unless we get an option to change that to VIBRATE AND RING we wont have continuous vibrations.

Srikanth3d

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I think windows phone is set to VIBRATE AND THEN RING which makes vibration just before the ringtone.
So unless we get an option to change that to VIBRATE AND RING we wont have continuous vibrations.

Yeah.
Is the same thing continued in Windows 10 Mobile?

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Yup that's very bad! I miss almost all calls while riding bike or even walking with phone in my jeans' pocket! The solution is either set 2-3 second long ringtone or ringtone volume at 0. I hope they'll do something bout this in win10.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was completely mistaken. It only vibrates at the beginning of each playthrough of the ringtone I think.

Realized it after I missed three consecutive calls just now - and had the caller call me again as a test, although my 920's weak vibration doesn't help.

Goes continuously if ringtone is silent.

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I was completely mistaken. It only vibrates at the beginning of each playthrough of the ringtone I think.

Realized it after I missed three consecutive calls just now - and had the caller call me again as a test, although my 920's weak vibration doesn't help.

Goes continuously if ringtone is silent.

Yes it goes continuously if ringtone is silent n I would like to add that its vibration is very weak comparing to other phones... Sometimes I miss calls even when phone is silent while on my bike.

Srele

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Now when Windows 10 mobile is in RTM (final) version can someone confirm is this problem fixed?
It will be so cool if someone could make video how Windows 10 Mobile Phone rings with longer ringtone.
Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos