06-16-2015 09:38 AM
36 12
tools
    As for Apps. I blame the devs 85% and MS 15%.

Dev's have to produce, MS ain't gonna do it for them. Who's fault is it, if Dev's don't produce apps for WP? Not MS.
    colinkiama likes this.
    06-15-2015 05:03 PM
    you act like that's literally the only feature people want/that Windows Phone is missing.
    Is that a way of defending WP by saying, "well, it's missing a bunch of more-important stuff, so who cares?"
    06-15-2015 06:29 PM
    Touchscreen is not a gimmick. You obviously don't have a system capable of doing such or you would understand.
    In actuality, Windows 10 is moving the direction that Windows 8 should have been from the beginning.
    Now all we need is Interactive Tiles that can be pinned to Desktop and that work well with Touch

You calling it a gimmick shows your ignorance of the fact that Touchscreens are the way of the future.

I have a Surface Pro that I use daily. It has replaced my Laptop completely.
    I use it more than my Desktop which is mainly for gaming.
    When I can, I will be upgrading to the next Surface,, possibly Surface 3 Pro or 4.

Until you use a Real Full blown OS, like Windows on a tablet that is capable of touch like a Surface Pro, you will not understand.

As for Media. I have no issues using Music and Video. I will agree they need improving, and I have no doubt they will.
    But that is not a priority that I am worried about personally. Seeing most of the world uses iPods to begin with.
    One thing that Apple did extremely well.

Zune was on a fast track to getting there. and I agree, I wish they hadn't dumped it.

Personally I like the direction that Windows 10 is going on all platforms.
    I didn't read your ten page rant, but saw the part about "touch screen is not a gimmick". You seem to mid interpret everything we are saying. I was trying to get across that touchscreen is going to become a gimmick in terms of desktops if they head back in the direction it appears the desktop is.
    920Walker likes this.
    06-15-2015 10:27 PM
    Tired of getting group texts and everyone laughing about the GIF and I have to explain why the OS my phone uses is so far behind the times.
    Best bet is to get a phone with a different OS that supports up-to-date features.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-15-2015 10:39 PM
    Improving a product is fine, but they tear everything down and start over.
    ... and end up making the same mistakes time and again.

Looking at Windows 10, I am not greatly impressed. Actions that should be simple are rendered more cumbersome by moving essential controls from the bottom to the top of the screen.

As for the interface, it's clear - again - that Microsoft is determined to inflict the worst possible compromise on us.
    James8561 and 920Walker like this.
    06-16-2015 01:41 AM
    how multitasking and notifications handled in win 10 phone ? better than win 8.1 ?
    06-16-2015 05:19 AM
    We all know Microsoft ignores what we say we want.... But come on, I cant believe it is 2015and we are still begging for native GIF support. Tired of getting group texts and everyone laughing about the GIF and I have to explain why the OS my phone uses is so far behind the times.
    You're welcome Check out "GIF Viewer" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...0-2d96eded30e6
    06-16-2015 05:41 AM
    how multitasking and notifications handled in win 10 phone ? better than win 8.1 ?
    A few builds ago (the one before 10080) I switching through a lot of apps, maybe even 10 to be Honest and there was only 1 or 2 seconds of resuming when I switched to an app that wasn't used in a while, everything else was instant, it was amazing. Also notifications are now interactive so you can reply in line, snooze alarms without them disturbing you etc. I haven't seen any third party apps use the new notification features yet though.
    Sam_93 likes this.
    06-16-2015 05:48 AM
    GIF is old and dated. The real question is - and i dont know does it support GFY. GFY replaces gif. Think of gif as dvd and GFY as mp4. The compression is much better and it does the same thing.

Most of my texting is done with whatsapp and it does not support gif as well, also i believe facebook has only announced on june 1st 2015 that it will start supporting gif. However it may convert it to GFY
    06-16-2015 05:54 AM
    A few builds ago (the one before 10080) I switching through a lot of apps, maybe even 10 to be Honest and there was only 1 or 2 seconds of resuming when I switched to an app that wasn't used in a while, everything else was instant, it was amazing. Also notifications are now interactive so you can reply in line, snooze alarms without them disturbing you etc. I haven't seen any third party apps use the new notification features yet though.
    are the apps still suspended ? or are allowed to run in the background ?
    06-16-2015 09:08 AM
    are the apps still suspended ? or are allowed to run in the background ?
    Still suspended but the torch app I was using actually worked everywhere, I switched through apps but the torch was still on. I think this might be a glitch or a bug though.
    Sam_93 likes this.
    06-16-2015 09:38 AM
36 12